Siblings and bump

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Rochelle
My kids are so bad about climbing up on my lap during a TV show or whatnot and with no concern over knees and elbows or behinds hitting me in the stomach. My 2 yr old is the worst. I tell them and tell them to not hurt the baby and they still forget all the time.

I hope this baby is a strong one, with 3 older siblings like these, he/she will need to be!

Anyone else struggling with this?
January 11th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes!!! DD is so used to being able to climb all over me, I have to remind her all the time to be careful with my belly because she doesn't want to hurt the baby. She's gotten much better lately and anytime she bumps my belly, she kisses it and says she's sorry to the baby. <3

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 11th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
DD always climbs up on me and elbows/knees me in the stomach. She doesn't mean to and I guess also since my belly isn't very big yet she doesn't quite grasp the concept. The worst is when she climbs into bed with me and flops ontop of me. I just keep reminding her and i'm on high alert to turn away from her or put my arms in front of me so she doesn't do anything too hard

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 11th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It was bad at 1st for me with DD she is 4 but she is now pretty aware of mommy's babies. She will forget now and then and I just remind her and am always in protect mode!

January 11th, 2013, 08:24 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same problem here with a 2 year old. I just try to be on high alert and move her as necessary. She definitely doesn't get the idea of an actual baby being in there and I don't know that she gets the idea of being careful with anything. I am also not big at all, not anymore so than before I lost some weight in the summer, so I don't think there is really a signal to be careful yet either. In good news, babies are pretty well protected in there, so unless it's something really violent, the baby should be ok.

January 11th, 2013, 10:26 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
My oldest does it all the time and so does my youngest. It hurts but I know they are not hurting the baby.

January 11th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dog does when I'm laying on the couch. If I'm not careful, he'll jump on top of me and push off of my bump to jump on the back of the couch. He's only 5lbs, so I don't think he's hurting anything.
January 11th, 2013, 12:46 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jaleigh is very careful but she is 5 and this is a second pregnancy for her to deal with so she understands. Kiefer, on the other hand, is 2 and completely clueless. He is a rough and tumble boy and is always elbows and knees in my belly.

January 11th, 2013, 01:19 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Nolan is a crazy 2 year old, I tell him to becareful but he just smirks lol

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 11th, 2013, 01:27 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Liam my two year old just goes at it like normal
not realizing baby bump is there
last night i rubbed his belly and he goes no mommy baby in there =)
maybe he'll get it when I'm big as a house!

January 12th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Rochelle
2 y/o DD does kiss my belly and also says she is carrying a baby in her belly too which is kinda cute/kinda creepy.. Sometimes she smacks my belly and of course gets in trouble but she is noticing belly getting bigger and it's becoming more real to her. I think of all my kids, sharing Mommy with a new baby will be hardest on her. She really doesn't share well.

Thanks for the reassurance that baby isn't getting hurt. Every time it happens I start wondering.. "Do other pg mom's have such an issue with this as me? Would they be mortified to know I haven't managed to be more protective on my belly than I have?" Sometimes an actual fight breaks out on my lap between all three kids of who sits with me. That's a 9 y/o, a 5 y/o and the 2 y/o. It's like WWE. They all get kicked off at that point.

Speaking of all this, my 2 y/o just ran out here to get some lap-time. gotta go.
January 12th, 2013, 08:27 AM
JadeS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JadeS Send a message via Yahoo to JadeS
DD kisses my belly and rubs it but I have to remind her when she's laying on the couch next to me not to kick her feet around bc she could accidentally kick my belly.. Other then that she does pretty well with it..
January 12th, 2013, 09:28 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes Drake wants to be held a lot still and climbs on me when Im sitting and wants to slide down with on the stairs. I use to worry but by now I cant anymore since it happens so often anyway and everything seems to be fine up till.
January 12th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My 1 1/2 year old understands nothing, lol. He constantly tries to stand or sit on my stomach. He's gotten me a few good hair raising times. I'm terrified that this baby will be born with a broken arm or something.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search