18.5 weeks ultrasound...definitely a boy?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Kalynas_Mom
  • 1 Post By Kalynas_Mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2013, 08:05 AM
hi, i had three scans and they said a boy. it looks like a boy to me..do you definitely agree? :-) thanks!
January 11th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Maybe it's just me but I can't figure out where i'm supposed to be looking haha

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 11th, 2013, 08:17 AM
it's a potty shot...legs to the left and right pointing up...smack in the middle :-)
January 11th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Okay gotcha. I think I see a little penis. Obviously ultrasounds can be wrong but i'd say if 3 times they've told you its a boy it might be safe to assume it is The shots they printed may not have been good but did they perhaps see something more definite during the ultrasound itself? I know during my u/s yesterday there were moments where I wondered and then other times where there was absolutely no doubt there was a penis and scrotum hanging out there haha

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 11th, 2013, 08:47 AM
yeah, it's definitely there. i was just hoping for another girl :-) i really thought i was going to have a girl again!! i wanted my daughter to have a sister, but i know...as long as the baby is healthy that is all i can ask for :-) of course i will love him to pieces, but having a boy just scares me. i am so clueless growing up in a family surrounded by women!
January 11th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Well congrats on your little boy!! I think being scared/disappointed is totally normal I'm sure he'll be a perfect fit to your family and you won't be able to imagine life without him once he's here.
bobbiejo1982 likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 11th, 2013, 09:03 AM
thank you, i appreciate it. it's just hard sometimes being pregnant and hormonal...and then having a 7.5 month old baby to care for :-)
January 11th, 2013, 09:30 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Its really blurry so its hard for me to tell but being told three times I am sure its there. Congrats on your little boy.

January 11th, 2013, 09:35 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalynas_Mom View Post
Maybe it's just me but I can't figure out where i'm supposed to be looking haha
same here, maybe it's cuz I am a FTM but on any of the US I can't tell.
January 11th, 2013, 12:31 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
i thought the same, not knowing what to do with a boy, it comes naturally now when I go to stores to pick out girl stuff for friends I am clueless!
it will come and congrats on the baby boy!

January 11th, 2013, 12:51 PM
thanks for the vote of confidence :-) i have so many adorable baby girl clothes that hopefully if i have more children, i will have another girl. spent way too much on clothes she didn't even wear! lesson learned though. newborns and infants live in onesies and pjs! haha
in the meantime, off to buy blue..AND think of a name. my husband and i agree on only two names, but still neither of them feel 100% right. my with daughter, i always had a name picked out for years, but the boy names i love, my husband hates. fun times! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilachu View Post
i thought the same, not knowing what to do with a boy, it comes naturally now when I go to stores to pick out girl stuff for friends I am clueless!
it will come and congrats on the baby boy!
ps - congrats to you as well. do you know what you are having this time?
January 11th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Veteran
I see potty shot and I'd say its def a boy! Congrats!

January 11th, 2013, 02:21 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats!!

I will probably feel the same way if I have a boy, I already have a girl. Not sure what to do with a little oy!!

I will probably feel the same way if I have a boy, I already have a girl. Not sure what to do with a little boy!!

January 11th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Veteran
I definitely see boy. Congratulations!
January 11th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've had three boys so I know a penis when I see one, lol! Congrats! I was disappointed after my third ds's u/s where they told me he was a boy, but it didn't last long and I can't imagine not having all my little guys now. I'm excited to get my u/s next week!

January 11th, 2013, 03:32 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkd16 View Post
thanks for the vote of confidence :-) i have so many adorable baby girl clothes that hopefully if i have more children, i will have another girl. spent way too much on clothes she didn't even wear! lesson learned though. newborns and infants live in onesies and pjs! haha
in the meantime, off to buy blue..AND think of a name. my husband and i agree on only two names, but still neither of them feel 100% right. my with daughter, i always had a name picked out for years, but the boy names i love, my husband hates. fun times! :-)

ps - congrats to you as well. do you know what you are having this time?
thanks, we go for our gender scan on Tuesday, wanting a girl feeling its a boy though i felt like my boy was a girl last time so who knows
also with you on boy names. have some really good ones for girls but for a boy i am so wishy washy on everything, nothing i truly love

January 11th, 2013, 04:49 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'd say it's a boy too! Congrats!!! Yeah I'd be clueless if I ended up with a boy after having two girls. I'm actually kind of scared for my u/s in 2 weeks because I'm not sure what kind of reaction I might give for either sex
January 11th, 2013, 06:11 PM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Looks like a boy to me too!'!

January 12th, 2013, 07:19 AM
JadeS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JadeS Send a message via Yahoo to JadeS
I see boy too..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search