Friday Fun

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2013, 09:41 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
What is something you did for fun growing up? as a kid say 8, middle schooler 12 and high school?

January 11th, 2013, 10:52 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
As a younger kid, I spent all day at my neighborhood swimming pool during the summer. I had swim team practice first thing in the morning, stayed all afternoon, and sometimes went to a second team practice in the evening. I loved being in the water!

In middle school, I think I read a lot of books with vampires, witches, etc. I'm not a big reader or very fast, but the young adult books with that subject were a good escape. This was of course waaaaay before Twilight ever came out.

In high school, a bunch of my friends and I used to hang out at friends houses. Two of my guy friends had basements, so we'd all go and chill for several hours. Usually drinking too much caffeine and sugar, played Golden Eye on Nintendo 64 for hours, and then eventually make it home by curfew at 11pm
January 11th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm as a kid I played usually outside for hours with the neighborhood kids... racing bikes, we had a pretty big yard so people usually gathered there and we would play ball and such...I was kind of a tomboy.

In Middle school I did sports for the high school, track, CC running and CC skiing also on the weekends we would go to the local roller rink. I think sports kept me out of trouble as I was kind of boy crazy!

In High School hmmm it was split into 2 parts, freshman & sophomore years I was way into sports and hanging out with my very 'alternative' friends(think trench coats and combat boots..ha!) I didn't get into much trouble. Jr. & Sr. year I shopped a lot bc I worked a lot and smoked cigs and hung out in coffee shops with older people and probably didn't make the best choices but never got into enough trouble to alert my mom & got decent grades so I was ok!

January 11th, 2013, 01:17 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was a little kid, I loved anything outside. We lived in the country on several acres at the time so I was always running around getting dirty...I was very much a tomboy at that age.

Middle school was ruled by sports and becoming girly. I started shopping lots and building my own eclectic wardrobe and sense of fashion. I played volleyball, cheered for my middle school, and was also on a competitive cheer squad outside of school.

High school was consumed with tons of volleyball, cheerleading, and dance. When I wasn't doing any of those things I was partying. Especially jr and sr years. I drank a lot and did a lot of drugs but I was top of my class and never got into too much trouble with it all so my parents never said a lot (I doubt they knew the extent of what I was getting into).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search