First words/thoughts

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shen7

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2013, 10:44 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
What do you think the first words you will say to your baby are? What about the thoughts you will have after baby is here?

January 11th, 2013, 11:54 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is easy...
My first words to baby will be "Hey ___________ Im your mommy and Mommy loves you very very much and Im so glad your finally here"

As far as thoughts I will be sooo overwhelmed with love and sooo glad the hard part is finally over.

January 11th, 2013, 11:59 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first words will hopefully be Happy Birthday _____!. I meant to say that with JD but I was just so overwhelmed about becoming a mom and everything just seemed so unreal. I think it was partly from the drugs of the spinal and all...at least I'll blame that.

January 11th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm pretty sure mine were something like "what??? Is that really her?" Seems crazy but she was just sooo big and so pink and looked like a much older baby than most of the pictures of newborns I had ever seen. Then I was just saying "hi, it's okay, hi" as I tried to calm her down. She was one ticked off little baby when she came out no one had the slightest concern about her lungs, you could hear her from across the hospital!!! She is still big and still loud

Anyway I don't have any special first words planned out. I just want baby to hear the sound of my voice and have a soothing tone with them.
navywifey2003 likes this.

January 11th, 2013, 01:49 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm always so overwhelmed that the first thing out of my mouth is usually something like "hi ______" or "hello there!" Kinda lame but in the past I've had so much adrenaline rushing and been so "high" that I couldn't think of anything else. I expect it to be similar this time.

My first thought with DD was how big she was (I had been told over and over how she was going to be small and she came out with fat rolls). My first thought with DS was how he looked just like DD, only smaller.

January 11th, 2013, 04:12 PM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
I have no clue what I said last time. I probably asked someone to go tet me a beer bahaha

January 12th, 2013, 08:51 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the first thing I said to Drake was Welcome to the world. Not sure what Ill say this time but Id like to say the same
January 12th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hadn't even thought about first words...Maybe I should do that so I don't say something stupid like last time...lol.

With DD I remember just feeling kind of blank, overwhelmed, a bit numb...the first thing I said - after several minutes - was, "Did anyone check that it's actually a girl?"

January 12th, 2013, 04:25 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I remember my OB and OR staff saying a unified "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to Vaughn and then when i first saw him over the green curtain I remember saying something to the effect of "look, we did it" to my then boyfriend, now DH...and then when they brought him too my while I was still on the table for kisses it was something like "hi baby, we've been waiting for you" =)

We'll see what comes out my mouth this time...not planning anything...whatever feels right will be.

January 12th, 2013, 05:01 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I don't remember what I first said to the girls. I do remember my thoughts. With Lily for some reason I remember thinking how warm she was when they put her on my chest. I mean that should have been a given, but I guess I didn't know what to expect. With Abri she didn't look good so they took her away briefly to make sure she didn't need help. She was fine so they brought her back and I remember thinking how different she looked from Lily
January 12th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Veteran
I know I said hi baby alot with all of them. We never had names right off the bat.. So it was alot of hello baby. Hi sweetheart. I love you etc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search