DH is in the DOGHOUSE

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By mommy220
  • 5 Post By ~Traci~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Super Mommy
I went to lunch with DH this afternoon and mentioned how excited I am for Monday to finally get here. His response was... "What is happening on Monday?" OMG, you have to be kidding me!!
I reminded him that we will find out if we are having a son or another daughter. He then proceeded to tell me that he thought it was in the middle of the week and had already booked a meeting out of town on Monday. He is going to try to get the meeting changed, but I am well aware that it is already late Friday afternoon and the chances could be slim. I didn't know if I should cry or laugh. I was soooo mad!! I told him that I would not share the results with him, that he would have to ask someone else. I also told him that if he was not present at the ultrasound that he would forfeit any naming rights. lol I was probably a little mean and certainly will never let him live this down. I guess me talking about this event nonstop for two months, and reminding him 1.5 weeks ago was not enough. Next time I have to take his phone and put the event in his calendar. He will now receive automatic weekly emails reminders that he is going to have a child around June 1st for the next 20 weeks. Uggg why are men so frustrating sometimes?!?!
January 11th, 2013, 02:40 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is frustrating. I hope he is able to still come!!!

I asked my DH to turn on the crock pot this morning. I have had a rough week with a bad back and super tired. I was thinking about it all day. When I got home I knew something was wrong because I did not smell it like I usually do. It was on WARM not LOW so I had to throw it all out because it had been 8 hours! So he is in the dog house too!!

January 11th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Super Mommy
Shoot girls, I know the feeling. My DH is so dang forgetful, sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a child! I can say something to him 5 or 6 times and he'll STILL forget! It's actually surprising when I only tell him something once and he remembers. I try not to rely on him too much, because I know he'll just forget.
January 11th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Oh and he has done this before with the crock pot. Turning it on and not plugging it in!!

The other day I found the grapes in the freezer.
Joanne Nicole likes this.

January 11th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Veteran
well ladies, you're not alone. My boyfriend put an entire 10 pack of individual Philadelphia cream cheese boxes for my special whole wheat bagels that I was craving so bad in the freezer... he has not come to one appointment for my pregnancy (did I say NOT one??), he forgets so many things and so many dates it's like COME ON! I will tell him I picked up a shift and give him times so he is aware and he'll forget and call me and ask me where I am.. so totally understand where you're coming from!
January 11th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lol! Sorry, but this sounds like my dh to a tee. I have since learned & we now both have an app on our phones that updates both of our calendars & can send reminders if we want. However, I've had so many u/s that I'm ok if dh isn't there for all of them. I was going to ask my mom if she wanted to come to my big one next week, but dh said he's coming. I hope your dh can change his meeting!

January 11th, 2013, 04:43 PM
NoahandLola's Mommy
Oh no

January 11th, 2013, 04:45 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I hope he can switch things around to show up! I can totally see this happening with my DH for our big u/s in 2 weeks. He keeps asking me "When is that u/s? Oh yeah, I need to put that on my work calendar." I can bet that he hasn't done it yet even though he asked me for the zillionth time on Sunday what the date was. He's so going to schedule some meeting that he can't back out of.
January 11th, 2013, 04:49 PM
^^^ What is the name of the app that you can update each other's phones???? I NEED IT!!

January 11th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy220 View Post
Oh and he has done this before with the crock pot. Turning it on and not plugging it in!!

The other day I found the grapes in the freezer.

Frozen grapes are SO good!! But only if they are green grapes......

I hope he can make the appointment!!

January 11th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Super Mommy
Well I suppose he was able to redeem himself, he did get the meeting canceled and is going with me on Monday. I still don't think I will let him live this one down for awhile.
January 11th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope all goes well!

January 11th, 2013, 09:40 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I'm glad he is able to come! I would never let my DH live it down either haha.

January 11th, 2013, 11:19 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is why I purposely schedule my appointments on days that my husband doesn't have to work. He cannot remember anything and it drives me nuts. I will tell him something several times and he just doesn't listen to me. It's so aggravating! He will ask me the same question 5 times and still not remember the answer. Ughh, men!!

I am glad he was able to reschedule his meeting so he can go with you, but I wouldn't let him forget this for a while! Haha.
January 12th, 2013, 01:06 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
lmao my dh is the same way.

on the other hand, frozen grapes are so yummy!

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 12th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Traci~ View Post
. He will now receive automatic weekly emails reminders that he is going to have a child around June 1st for the next 20 weeks.
Sounds like something smartass I would do.

January 12th, 2013, 05:22 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
So glad he was able to get out of the meeting!!
January 12th, 2013, 08:32 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh thats totally something my DH would do too, he is so forgetful. I hope he can move things around and make it
January 12th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Glad he can go now!! My level II ultrasound is on Tuesday and I've been telling my husband forever now that I want him there because I'm nervous since it's at the hospital, high risk place, and what if something is wrong, etc. He originally was like "I saw the u/s with Calvin.....don't they all look the same??" So he wasn't planning on coming this time. But once I told him I wanted him there, he agreed. So yesterday I got a reminder call from the hospital and told him. He says "wait...it's at the HOSPITAL?" Umm....YES!! He said he thought it was just like any other u/s at the doctor's office. OMG! Men!

January 12th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy220 View Post
^^^ What is the name of the app that you can update each other's phones???? I NEED IT!!
The app we use is called Cozi. I just have the free version, but it works on my iPhone and his blackberry.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search