Haven't told my boss yet.

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2013, 10:42 PM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
I still have not told my supervisor that I'm pregnant. this man is literally the worst, meanest supervisor I've ever worked for. I've decided I'd just wait until he notices and asks about it, only I thought it'd happen by now. It's not like I'm hiding it either. Has anyone else not told work yet? I'm afraid of his reaction if I just tell him, and if I don't. I feel like it's a lose/lose.
January 12th, 2013, 12:43 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Your boss sounds lovely! I would probably do the same. I'm not sure what I would do. Huge hugs hun.

January 12th, 2013, 04:32 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
What a sucky situation. I haven't told my boss yet either. I work home health and never see her, or talk at all except for problems with the patient. It would be weird to say "here's what's going on and by the way I'm pregnant." I'm hoping to quit this spring anyway. I hope that when the subject comes up you handle it well. Might be better for you to just tell him and get it over with. Good luck!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 12th, 2013, 05:48 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sucks, can you e-mail him?

January 12th, 2013, 06:19 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
It might be better to just get it over with that way you don't have to stress over it. My bosses were taken off guard when they found out I was pregnant only because I had a major bleeding episode at work at 10 weeks. I think they would have rather heard it directly from me in a sit down conversation
January 12th, 2013, 06:26 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure he's noticed, he's just waiting for you to come out and tell him. That's how those types usually are. If he's mean like you say, he's not going to walk up to someone and ask them about anything personal.

January 12th, 2013, 06:40 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would just tell him and get it out of the way. He may have already noticed but doesn't just want to come up to you and say "are you pregnant?" I know wouldn't. I hope it goes well! Sorry he is not nicer.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
January 12th, 2013, 07:07 AM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
I feel better knowing I'm not the only one who hasn't told. I think what makes it more of a big deal to him is that he puts a lot of pressure on me and the other coder to get the charges out the door. To the point where I was afraid to even ask for an hour or two off before I'd decided I'm over working for him. He has this obsession with bringing in more money than the previous year and keeps track of it on a big board we update daily. Well with holidays, my wedding, and her vacation we went from coding 8 days back to 30, so he is definitely not happy. Even though those circumstances are perfectly normal for employees to have. I've heard this man yell at people and more often talk to them like they're just stupid.One was a new girl after she got married and didn't tell him. I am trying to hold out until maternity leave to quit, I just have to try not to let being there cause do much anxiety til then. But I think if he blows up on me about how it will affect his numbers while I'm on leave when he finds out I'll just walk out then and there.
January 12th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't said anything either. I am in a partnership with like 15 partners so I have lots to tell. I was going to tell the partner I work closest with yesterday, then we started to speak about me handling a huge matter the first two weeks of February. Hard to say at that moment thanks for the huge opportunity, and oh I am 17 weeks pregnant.

January 12th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm old fashioned. I believe in telling your boss ASAP along with your dates of absence and a leave plan. That way your absence isn't such a disruption and the gap can be covered more smoothly. Even if you're planning on quitting I would let people know so that a replacement can be found for you in a timely fashion, especially if any training needs to be done beforehand. I would say doing this is not only professional but also respectful of your co-workers who will be left behind and ultimately responsible for covering your work.

If you feel that announcing your pregnancy will make you vulnerable to abusive verbal attacks try to go over their head and have THEIR supervisor sit in on your meeting as well. Otherwise, inform them in an email or letter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post
I haven't said anything either. I am in a partnership with like 15 partners so I have lots to tell. I was going to tell the partner I work closest with yesterday, then we started to speak about me handling a huge matter the first two weeks of February. Hard to say at that moment thanks for the huge opportunity, and oh I am 17 weeks pregnant.
Just tell one or two people personally and then put up a happy sign on your desk that says "Baby Bump Fund! All donations of brownies will be accepted" And put a plate next to the sign Or something fun like that.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search