old wives tales

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2013, 09:00 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who has had a baby of the correct gender based on old wives tales?

When nutty takes over
#1. If you are moody, you are having a girl because of all the extra female hormones. Aidan should have been a girl...this one I'm slightly hormonal but more stressed

Breast assured they will get bigger
#2. It's a girl if your left breast is larger than your right breast. It's a boy if your right breast is larger than your left breast. one boob is always bigger than the other... pregnant or not lol

#3. Dark nipples are signs of a son. mine only get dark when I'm hot so this doesn't ring true for me

Momma nose
#4. If you eat garlic and the odor seeps out of your pores, then you're having a boy. I don't est garlic

Constipation & frequent urination
#5. If your urine is bright yellow, it's a boy. A dull yellow means a girl. doesn't it really matter how much water you drink?

Where are my TUMS!!!
#6. If you experience heartburn or indigestion during pregnancy your baby will have a full head of hair. true with Aidan. Heartburn Last 3 months

#7. No morning sickness, itís a boy. A girl if you were sick or nauseous during your pregnancy. true with Aidan and this one I was nauseous the fist couple months but never threw up

The doctor visit
#8. A heart rate over 140 beats per minute(bpm), it's a girl. A boy's heart beat is slower. I was always told opposite but this was true with Aidan....this baby has faster heart rate

The Ravenous Beast
#9. If you crave salty foods it's a boy. If you crave sweets then it's a girl. I craved everything with Aidan...this one I eat more salty foods but then equal it with sweets

#10. If you eat the ends of bread, itís a boy. If you eat the middle of the load, itís a girl.

Is my husband pregnant or am I?
#11. If dad gains weight, it's a girl. If his weight stays the same, it's a boy.

What's up with my skin?
#12. It's a girl if you get acne due to the increased levels of the female charged hormones. A girl steals her motherís beauty. I got acne with aidan and this pregnancy

#13. If the linea nigra stops at the belly button, it's a girl. If the linea nigra goes all the way to the bottom of the rib cage, it's a boy. with Aidan it went up to my ribs....no line so far on this one

#14. You got dry hands; it's a boy. I always have dry hands

#15. More hair on your legs than normal, count on a boy.

I'm leaking from where?
#16. If your nose gets bigger and wider, expect a boy.

Swelling
#17. If your nose swells, it's a girl. Same pre-pregnancy nose, it's a boy.
#18. If your face swells and gets rounder, it's a girl. Long and narrow face, a boy.

#19. Cold feet, a boy always have cold feet even not pregnant and in middle of summer

#20. If your legs get really big, means a boy. If your legs stay in shape and lean, a girl.

Clumsiness
#21. If you find yourself clumsier with pregnancy, it's a boy.
#22. If you remain grounded and still in control of your body, it's a girl.

Why does everyone feel the need to touch me?
#23. If you're carrying low, it's a boy. If you're carrying high, it's a girl. Carried very high with Aidan and this one very low
#24. If you're carrying in front, it's a boy. All around your middle, it's a girl.

Some fun tests
#25. Loop your wedding ring in a piece of thread and let it dangle over your belly. If the rings swings in a back and forth motion, it's a girl. If the ring moves in a circular motion, paint the room blue.

#26. If you hold a necklace over your hand and it swings back and forth, it's a boy. A circular moving necklace, stock up on the pink.

#27. When asked to show your hands and you immediately show your palm, it's a girl. Palm down = a boy.

#28. If a toddler shows interest in you, you are having the opposite sex of the toddler. For example, a girl toddler expresses interest in you means you are having a boy.

How many of these rang true for you?

January 12th, 2013, 01:27 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Only two were right for me... out of 28 lol. 26 of them said this baby should have been a girl. So, I guess I am no help! Haha

January 12th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Only 2 were right for me as well LOL

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 12th, 2013, 03:04 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Almost half of them were right for me. haha.

January 12th, 2013, 03:50 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When nutty takes over
#1. If you are moody, you are having a girl because of all the extra female hormones. I'm crying more with this baby, with DS I got pissed super fast.

#2. It's a girl if your left breast is larger than your right breast. It's a boy if your right breast is larger than your left breast. My left one is slightly bigger anyways...not a indicator for me

#3. Dark nipples are signs of a son. I had darker nipples with my son - I have them again this pregnancy...so we'll see how this one turns out...U/S is on the 22nd.

Momma nose
#4. If you eat garlic and the odor seeps out of your pores, then you're having a boy. If I eat too much garlic anyways, that happens...its gross, so I really watch how much garlic I eat.

#5. If your urine is bright yellow, it's a boy. A dull yellow means a girl. Mine was that weird nuclear color with Vaughn...this one seems to be dark no matter how much water I drink...and i don't have UTI/Kidney issues. Just the way it is this pregnancy

Where are my TUMS!!!
#6. If you experience heartburn or indigestion during pregnancy your baby will have a full head of hair. True all the way with DS; I had the burps all day and furious heartburn every night. I had TUMS with me everywhere. You see my baby's hair in my sig below? He's basically had a mop top from day one! I have heartburn again this time, so maybe we'll have another bushy haired baby!

#7. No morning sickness, it’s a boy. A girl if you were sick or nauseous during your pregnancy. This time is WAY worse than with DS. With him it would get progressively worse through the day and hit worst at night. This time the nausea so much more intense it, it was 24/7 and would get so bad it kept me from sleeping at night. Can't wait to find out if this one is true or not!

The doctor visit
#8. A heart rate over 140 beats per minute(bpm), it's a girl. A boy's heart beat is slower. True, DS once his HB leveled out for the long haul (started out at 174 at 8 wks) stayed at about 140-142. So far this baby is hanging out in the 150s. Also keeping fingers crossed this one turns out girl for me!

The Ravenous Beast
#9. If you crave salty foods it's a boy. If you crave sweets then it's a girl. Its the same so far, I want salty, vingar-y/briney, savory foods. Crackers, chips & salsa, jalepenos on everything, pickles, olives, feta cheese, pizza, pepperoncinis, salt-n-vinegar chips, extra crispy hashbrowns, etc. The only difference so far is I want cinnamon buns & donuts...both of which I love anyways but I obsess about this right now.

#10. If you eat the ends of bread, it’s a boy. If you eat the middle of the load, it’s a girl. I love bread, I eat it all anyways.

#11. If dad gains weight, it's a girl. If his weight stays the same, it's a boy. He's maintaining. We were actually long distance with DS, so no weight gain for him. This time around, he's about the same still.

What's up with my skin?
#12. It's a girl if you get acne due to the increased levels of the female charged hormones. A girl steals her mother’s beauty. My acne was worse with DS, it pretty much lasted the entirety of my pregnancy with some periods of clear skin...this time it was horrendous through 12ish weeks and then it slowly started easing up. I hope this keeps up in general...I hate dealing with skin breakouts.

#13. If the linea nigra stops at the belly button, it's a girl. If the linea nigra goes all the way to the bottom of the rib cage, it's a boy. Nope, with Vaughn it stopped under my belly button. My line is coming back, but it still pretty faint and is down low right now.

#14. You got dry hands; it's a boy. I don't know honestly, I'm always washing my hands and moisturizing them. So this one kinda doesn't apply.

#15. More hair on your legs than normal, count on a boy. Nope. But my arm hair has seems to grown in. Weird.

I'm leaking from where?
#16. If your nose gets bigger and wider, expect a boy. Nope.

Swelling
#17. If your nose swells, it's a girl. Same pre-pregnancy nose, it's a boy. My nose is unaffected by pregnancy.

#18. If your face swells and gets rounder, it's a girl. Long and narrow face, a boy. This one is interesting. I look at pictures of myself this time and feel my face got so round so early in pregnancy! Like my face belongs on my body from when i was 7ish month with DS.

#19. Cold feet, a boy. I always have cold feet.

#20. If your legs get really big, means a boy. If your legs stay in shape and lean, a girl. My legs, specifically my thighs, are always thick anyways...long & lean is not how I'd describe my legs ever, pregnant or not.

Clumsiness
#21. If you find yourself clumsier with pregnancy, it's a boy. YES! So weird...and I have "dancer's balance". Clumsy I am not, but with Vaughn, geez, I felt like I was always tripping!!

#22. If you remain grounded and still in control of your body, it's a girl. So far, I have no clumsy balance issues.

#23. If you're carrying low, it's a boy. If you're carrying high, it's a girl. I carried high with DS and feel like this one is low.

#24. If you're carrying in front, it's a boy. All around your middle, it's a girl. Yes, I had a huge vertical watermelon all out front with DS. I seem to be shaping up the same this time around too

Some fun tests
#25. Loop your wedding ring in a piece of thread and let it dangle over your belly. If the rings swings in a back and forth motion, it's a girl. If the ring moves in a circular motion, paint the room blue. I always heard it the other way around. Never did it with Vaughn, but I tried it the other night and it went in circles.

#26. If you hold a necklace over your hand and it swings back and forth, it's a boy. A circular moving necklace, stock up on the pink. Same as above...moves in circles.

#27. When asked to show your hands and you immediately show your palm, it's a girl. Palm down = a boy. I always show palm up.

#28. If a toddler shows interest in you, you are having the opposite sex of the toddler. For example, a girl toddler expresses interest in you means you are having a boy. I don't know, my baby is always interested in me...I'm momma =)

*A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my super fantastic siggy!!*

January 12th, 2013, 06:15 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
When nutty takes over
#1. If you are moody, you are having a girl because of all the extra female hormones. I'm always moody?

#2. It's a girl if your left breast is larger than your right breast. It's a boy if your right breast is larger than your left breast. My left one is usually larger but so far they have evened out

#3. Dark nipples are signs of a son.Isn't that pregnancy in general to prepare for a newborn's vision?

Momma nose
#4. If you eat garlic and the odor seeps out of your pores, then you're having a boy. I am eating more garlic this time.

#5. If your urine is bright yellow, it's a boy. A dull yellow means a girl. Mine varies depending on my water intake

Where are my TUMS!!!
#6. If you experience heartburn or indigestion during pregnancy your baby will have a full head of hair. Sort of true for me. I had killer heartburn with Lily. She had a decent bit of hair on her head. I had no heartburn with Abri and she had a full head of hair plus hair down her neck, shoulders, and back. I was concerned she was part monkey

#7. No morning sickness, itís a boy. A girl if you were sick or nauseous during your pregnancy. Not true with Lily. I had no nausea with her but I was stuck on the couch with all day nausea for half my pregnancy with Abri. This one I can function without the anti-nausea meds but there is still some

The doctor visit
#8. A heart rate over 140 beats per minute(bpm), it's a girl. A boy's heart beat is slower. Not true for me. Both girls were always around 135-138. This baby is always around 159-160. Wonder what that means

The Ravenous Beast
#9. If you crave salty foods it's a boy. If you crave sweets then it's a girl. I craved pizza and chocolate with Lily, so that's both. I craved nothing with Abri but could at least eat sweets. This one I crave red meat and feel sick if I eat sweets.

#10. If you eat the ends of bread, itís a boy. If you eat the middle of the load, itís a girl. I don't ever eat the ends

#11. If dad gains weight, it's a girl. If his weight stays the same, it's a boy. This was true and not true for me. He gained with Lily because of all the pizza and chocolate we ate. He maintained with Abri because I never craved anything. He has lost this time, but that's because he's been doing boot camp and making an effort to be healthy

What's up with my skin?
#12. It's a girl if you get acne due to the increased levels of the female charged hormones. A girl steals her motherís beauty. Not true. My acne goes away when I'm pregnant

#13. If the linea nigra stops at the belly button, it's a girl. If the linea nigra goes all the way to the bottom of the rib cage, it's a boy. Not true. I had the full line with Lily, but none whatsoever with Abri.

#14. You got dry hands; it's a boy. I always have dry hands

#15. More hair on your legs than normal, count on a boy. But what if I'm really hairy to begin with?

I'm leaking from where?
#16. If your nose gets bigger and wider, expect a boy. Nope.

Swelling
#17. If your nose swells, it's a girl. Same pre-pregnancy nose, it's a boy. Mine has never changed

#18. If your face swells and gets rounder, it's a girl. Long and narrow face, a boy. True and not true. I swelled a ton with Lily so my face, hands, and feet got fat. I had no swelling with Abri so my face stayed skinny.

#19. Cold feet, a boy. I always have cold feet.

#20. If your legs get really big, means a boy. If your legs stay in shape and lean, a girl. My legs are pretty skinny anyway

Clumsiness
#21. If you find yourself clumsier with pregnancy, it's a boy. My balance hasn't been off with pregnancy yet, so we'll see as this one progresses

#22. If you remain grounded and still in control of your body, it's a girl. So far, I have no clumsy balance issues and that was true with my girls

#23. If you're carrying low, it's a boy. If you're carrying high, it's a girl. I carry in the middle but Abri was a little lower than Lily.

#24. If you're carrying in front, it's a boy. All around your middle, it's a girl. I carried in front with Abri

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search