Scared of disappointment :/

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 2 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By phantomsgrl11
  • 1 Post By Rissa6213
  • 1 Post By PurpleStar
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I had an ultrasound at 17w4d by my OB, the baby looked great and at first the baby was in an awkward position with her legs kinda crossed but she was moving a lot since I had skittles to help with the movement lol. Dr checked between the legs and says it looks like a girl he then showed us what he was looking at so we saw the legs and we didnt see anything there either. He then repeated to say yeah it looks like a girl, he then told me he couldn't tell me for sure and to wait till my anatomy scan and the tech could confirm it. So of course I got excited since we were hoping for a baby girl. I'm just scared that the Dr made a mistake and I got all excited and it turns out to be a baby boy, of course I'm thrilled to be a having a baby period. I would of rather just gotten a straight answer the first time around. I've always had a feeling this baby is a girl, nothing boy interested me, couldn't even think of any boy names I like. I'm pretty sure the Dr knows what he's talking about though, but still there's always the possibility of a mistake... January 23rd needs to hurry up and get here. Thank you in advance for your advice.

January 14th, 2013, 04:20 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know how you feel. I will be having an ultrasound on saturday and i am really hoping for a girl. Nothing boy interests me and i have a feeling that its a girl but i cant be too sure.
Gen88 likes this.

January 14th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
I know how you feel. I will be having an ultrasound on saturday and i am really hoping for a girl. Nothing boy interests me and i have a feeling that its a girl but i cant be too sure.
I really am just hoping for a healthy baby, I would just hate that I got my hopes up to be having a daughter for no reason. I love little boys so much too they're so much fun. I guess I'm just frustrated cause I wanna know already lol

January 14th, 2013, 04:28 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I know exactly how you feel! Huge hugs Hun! Thinking of you!
Gen88 likes this.

January 14th, 2013, 04:34 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I know how you feel. I think I'd prefer a girl, but have a feeling it's a boy. I'm afraid of being disappointed next week. I would be clueless with a boy. I don't find boy stuff at all interesting
Gen88 and MamaSkunk like this.
January 14th, 2013, 04:49 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had a hard time getting excited about little boy stuff again. I was hoping for a little girl--so I can definitely understand why you can get worried it might turn into a boy. Hope it turns out the way you want when you get it confirmed But if it turns out to be a little boy--I promise the disappointment will fade.

Hugs hun
Gen88 likes this.

January 14th, 2013, 05:21 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know exactly how you feel except for the opposite - I am terrified of girls. LOL We are team green and had our 20 week today - I just feel its a boy for some reason. That is part of the reason I don't like finding out until we have the baby there is nooo time for gender disappointment when they are handing you that adorable bundle of joy. =) Hope you get your girl!
Gen88 likes this.

January 14th, 2013, 05:28 PM
First time mommy :)
I felt the same way about a boy. I wanted a girl so bad and thought i would be upset if it was a boy. We couldn't think of one boy name we liked, and had our girl name picked even before being pregnant! But then I found out it was a boy and I sat there for a second and was stunned. Then I was soooooo happy, especially when I skyped with my husband and saw how happy he was (he wanted a boy so bad). Now that its sunk in I couldnt be happier. And the night I found out his name just came to me and I knew it was the one.

I am sure your doctor was right. I wouldn't worry! But if for some crazy reason he wasn't, trust me the joy is just the same even if its not what you expect
Gen88 likes this.
January 14th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissa6213 View Post
I felt the same way about a boy. I wanted a girl so bad and thought i would be upset if it was a boy. We couldn't think of one boy name we liked, and had our girl name picked even before being pregnant! But then I found out it was a boy and I sat there for a second and was stunned. Then I was soooooo happy, especially when I skyped with my husband and saw how happy he was (he wanted a boy so bad). Now that its sunk in I couldnt be happier. And the night I found out his name just came to me and I knew it was the one.

I am sure your doctor was right. I wouldn't worry! But if for some crazy reason he wasn't, trust me the joy is just the same even if its not what you expect

I definitely won't be sad if it's a boy since I would love to give my son a brother, I'll just be disappointed that I got my hopes up lol

January 14th, 2013, 09:15 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can imagine it to be so nerve wracking because its wasn't a definite YES, girl. My next door neighbor found out she was having a girl, baby shower, nursery decor and all for a girl...yep, she had a boy and that was after an ultrasound "confirming" gender! OMG, I would be so side swiped if that happened to me!

I really want a girl as well...I feel girl vibes, but we'll see =) With DS I so hoped for girl but deep down I just knew they would tell me boy and sure enough ;-)
Gen88 likes this.

January 15th, 2013, 05:17 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was pg with DD, we wanted a boy soooooo bad. Everyone was sure she was a boy. When we had our anatomy scan and found out it was a girl, I cried... a lot... so much so that the ultrasound tech was CLEARLY annoyed at me. Then we went out shopping and all of the Easter egg shades of the girls section in BRU made me cry again. It was ridiculous. After a few days, I got myself together and got excited. I did some more shopping and found stuff that I liked.

When DD arrived, I couldn't imagine having a boy instead. She was just wonderful. When she was 2 weeks old, we made the 350 mile drive to my grandparents' house from where we lived at the time to take DD to see my grandmother for her birthday. My grandmother was not well for many years and she couldn't do much for herself anymore, wasn't really with it some of the time, and could only occasionally form a coherent sentence. But, when she held my little girl (setting the boppy in her lap and laying DD in it, she could "hold" her), the two of them formed an instant connection. Somehow, she was able to form sentences to talk to this little girl. And Anna was completely mesmerized by her. Their relationship really only grew from there. One of Anna's first 10 words was Nanny. She would climb the side of the wheelchair to kiss her. And even when my grandmother couldn't form words, we could tell what she was trying to say b/c she said it in the same tone and with the same facial expressions that I remember her using with the rest of us when we were little. It was truly beautiful. Nanny passed away two months ago (two months ago today, actually) and Anna still asks for her. (Anna will be two and a half at the end of next month.) She loves her so much and we have beautiful pictures to remember their relationship by.

I really don't think that my grandmother would have formed the same connection to a boy. She had 3 girls and 4 granddaughters before there was a single boy in the family and then it was all boys- 1 grandson and 4 great-grandsons. I think a little girl took her back to happier times. I think God knew that our family needed a little girl. And He always knows best. I was bitterly disappointed after the u/s, but I wouldn't trade my little girl for anything in the entire world. And the joy that she brought to my grandmother made us all love her that much more.

I'm certainly not putting anyone down for having gender disappointment b/c I have a heinous offender (and probably would have been this time if this baby hadn't been a girl- how things change), but I do think that God gives us each exactly the child that He has created for us and while our vision is so short sighted, He sees much further. Just wanted to encourage you! (But I do hope your u/s was right, girls are wonderful!)
Gen88 likes this.

January 15th, 2013, 05:17 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry that came out so long. I didn't realize as I was typing it.
Gen88 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search