State of your home.. (poll)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: How messy is your house right now?
Horrible! 5 13.89%
Pretty bad.. 10 27.78%
Decent 21 58.33%
Mary Poppins would be proud. 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Rochelle
How messy is your house/dwelling at the moment? NOT how it it usually.. how is it RIGHT NOW?

Who's been doing the housework lately now that we're in the 2nd trimester and our energy has supposedly picked up? You or DH/SO?

Last edited by 4hearts; January 16th, 2013 at 03:03 PM.
January 16th, 2013, 03:05 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Is say its decent right now. It's been much worse. I've been doing the upstairs and my husband has been doing the downstairs.

January 16th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hubby doesnt clean. He works and I stay home, so that's our deal for now.
January 16th, 2013, 03:11 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I said decent because we cleaned Sunday and we have able to somewhat keep it up. As me again Friday and I will probably say horrible. It is the same every week.

I usually clean/pick up a lot on Saturday when DH is working. Then, we both clean Sunday and do laundry.

January 16th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Rochelle
Mine's horrible and now our washing machine is broken and in the shop and we can't pick it up until DH is off next Monday. So, I have to lug it all to Mom's tomorrow and try to get it all done. It was already backed up before the washer broke. And the whole place is filthy. My kitchen is a disaster. It's embarrassing. DH won't help though.. He works and when he IS home he's outside tinkering with his stupid cars. He does take care of the bigger projects though so I usually don't complain. And since he doesn't complain at me, we're good. I just can't stand this place and would love to hire someone to do it all!

Would probably help if I weren't online doing polls though
January 16th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dad is retired and I'm a stay at home mom, so he and I do a top-to-bottom full clean of the house once a week. Takes about 5 hours for the two of us to clean 3 stories. Normally I'd say "Mary Poppins would be proud" but tomorrow is cleaning day, and the day before cleaning day the house just looks decent after a week of 7 people living in it.

I didn't get a break due to first trimester ickiness. The smells of the cleaning stuff would make me puke, and my dad would tell me to puke and get back to it. And then after the house is clean I usually take a nap because I'm completely exhausted.
mommyandwife08 likes this.

January 16th, 2013, 03:28 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Ladies, we have 9 people living in 1500 square feet, seven kids home all day every day. If I can make it from my bed to the bathroom in the dark without stepping/tripping on more than three random objects, I consider that good enough.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 16th, 2013, 03:55 PM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
It's decent. My husband is really the cleaner. We both work and if it weren't for him we would live in compete filth. Usually it's cleaner but I haven't pitched in at all. Usually I'm just in charge of everything that gets piled on the kitchen table, mail, Easton's school papers, etc. The kitchen table is pretty bad right now

January 16th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine is decent because I did laundry yesterday and picked up the toys and vacuumed and swept. That was the first time in a week that I've done it and it really needs to be done every day, but you asked how it is NOW.
January 16th, 2013, 04:01 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is decent. I just actually got done doing the dishes and vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, picking up everything. Mary Poppins wouldn't approve because I am working on a massive pile of laundry and I need to mop everywhere! But I am going to leave that to my hubby... too hard for me.

My house suffered big time during the first tri, but I have been making a better effort the last couple months for sure.

January 16th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I said decent because it is for the most part. Its not what I like but eh..its a heck of a lot better than it has been. Really whats bothering me is the laundry.
January 16th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I said pretty bad bc I need to sweep & mop the whole house (hardwood floors), clean up dinner dishes, put christmas decor in the basement but waiting to get 2 more totes for yhe clearance deals I got and attack a massive pile of clothes oh and put away clothes in my bedroom. For a family of 3 I sure do a lot of laundry on a regular ba sis!

January 16th, 2013, 04:40 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Pretty bad in that I started taking down christmas stuff than BAM sick for four days. Just starting up again. I hate living in a disaster zone. Some messiness is a given but this is getting bad

January 16th, 2013, 05:11 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I said pretty bad but when i think my house is a disaster people tell me my house is still clean. But I am a neat freak. (As in mops dont get the floors clean enough so i get down on hands n knees n scrub everything even the mopboards) I blame my mom...she is the messiest person and she hoards stuff so her house is cluttered...and I swore I would NEVER be like her so Im at the extreme opposite of the spectrum.

January 16th, 2013, 06:08 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We started, but didn't finish with, taking down Christmas. DH left town last night on business so he won't be home until Friday. We have friends coming over Friday night, so it will get better by then. But right now, no motivation. After work and playing with DD, EXHAUSTED! So things are pretty bad at the moment.

January 16th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My kitchen has juice and BBQ sauce spots all over it but you know what? The weekend is now only 2 days away and we've already cancelled all of our weekend plans so that we can do a deep clean of the house. Everyone can just DEAL, lol.

Also, I've been gutting closets in my house so that I can reorganize and make a donation mountain ("pile" is too small of a word). So, my hallway upstairs is a nightmare, my bedroom looks like it exploded, and our basement is a pit.

I look around my house and I hear the Hoarder's music playing. Complete with the visual of a cat snoozing on a basket of laundry in front of a dirty plate and cup.
4hearts likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

January 16th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I said pretty bad, because we left it a DISASTER when we went out of town for Christmas, and last week I was suffering major jet lag, and then this week, I've worked every day....I need a few days off to just put on the TV shows I'm behind on, and CLEAN

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 16th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
My house is decent. I will be doing a full cleaning this Friday when I'm off work since we are having family over Sunday.

As far as cleaning duties...we share for the most part. I do the bathrooms cuz I feel husband just surface cleans. He does the sweeping and mopping. Laundry wise...I do the majority. And again, that's me not wanting him to touch my laundry. The first week we were married, he ended up shrinking 2 of my shirts. They are now my 11y/o's shirts.

But during the 1st trimester....husband did it all!!!!! What an amazing man!!
January 16th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
It's borderline decent lol. We have a housekeeper who comes while dh and I are at work so it'll be Mary Poppins clean by the time we get home
January 17th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I have REALLY dark hardwood floors. I love them and they look great in general but my god with a cat and a child who spills crumbs constantly they look DIRTY all the time because you can see every single speck on them. I went on a cleaning spree Monday and Tuesday but yesterday I slacked off and right this second I have a dishwasher full of clean dishes, a basket full of dirty laundry, and my frying pan filled with bacon grease from making DH breakfast this morning. It's not filthy but I cant stand a dirty kitchen

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search