Graco Snugride carseat

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2013, 06:20 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had this with my son and would be using it again for this one if my cats didnt decide to urinate on it I had the 35 lb one and used it for the first year of my son's life and he wasnt anywhere near 35 when he moved out of it (He isnt 35 lbs now at 2 1/2) but he was close to out growing the length of it. I probably could have switched him earlier but I was so use to this one and just wanted to stay with it. I think its a great seat as a whole and has great safety ratings which is why I got it to start with
January 17th, 2013, 09:17 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We have a graco snugride the 22lbs one. We then move to britax marathons. And yes its usually height before weight.

January 17th, 2013, 09:41 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne Nicole View Post
Holy crap, it's over $200! I fell in love with the Snugride 40 after watching that video, but before I saw the price. Yikes. I seem to remember with DD her Graco stroller/car seat combo was about $150 all together.

I mean, I guess if you can get 2 years out of it, it's worth the money...but DD is really tall for her age, and was WAY grown out of her infant car seat by the time we switched her at one year. If I have another tall baby, I just don't see this seat lasting the full 2 years.

Ahhh...conflicted. Baby stuff is so flipping expensive.
I agree that it is a little pricier than some of the other graco models, but it is still cheaper than many infant carseats I have seen. I figure if you can get close to 2 years out of it, then it's worth it. If you have tall babies, maybe look at the height for it and see if it might work a little longer than a normal one would. My husband and I are both really short, so I do not anticipate height being an issue for our baby. Haha.
January 17th, 2013, 10:16 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyBee View Post
I agree that it is a little pricier than some of the other graco models, but it is still cheaper than many infant carseats I have seen. I figure if you can get close to 2 years out of it, then it's worth it. If you have tall babies, maybe look at the height for it and see if it might work a little longer than a normal one would. My husband and I are both really short, so I do not anticipate height being an issue for our baby. Haha.
I think it will be worth the extra cost. My DD is tall and it looks like it adjusts to fit up to two....shorter kids can usually use normal infant seats til 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne Nicole View Post
Holy crap, it's over $200! I fell in love with the Snugride 40 after watching that video, but before I saw the price. Yikes. I seem to remember with DD her Graco stroller/car seat combo was about $150 all together.

I mean, I guess if you can get 2 years out of it, it's worth the money...but DD is really tall for her age, and was WAY grown out of her infant car seat by the time we switched her at one year. If I have another tall baby, I just don't see this seat lasting the full 2 years.

Ahhh...conflicted. Baby stuff is so flipping expensive.
Haha i meant to quote you about the height thing and cost.

January 17th, 2013, 11:03 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I loved ours. We had the 22lb one and my son is so small that we used it past his 1st birthday (can't remember exactly when we switched). We now have the Graco MyRide and we put him in that before he had outgrown the weight limit on the snug ride because I was just tired of the infant carrier

January 17th, 2013, 01:45 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyBee View Post
They have a new one, the snugride 40. It is supposed to last until they are 2, so they can stay rear facing that long. The seat slides to adjust on the base, to give them more leg room, and the top (headrest/where the straps are) slides up to make room as they grow.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...QpJrLeKvpZ8ZQw

Or maybe try this if that doesn't work: Learn about Graco's new SnugRide Click Connect 40 - YouTube

Obviously once they were too heavy, you would just leave it in the car. But then you (maybe?) wouldn't have to buy a new one until they were 2.

I looked at and considered that but I wonder if it would be too heavy/bulky to carry around.
January 17th, 2013, 02:01 PM
I like the idea of the 40 but it seems to heavy to carry around all the time. i am not sure yet but an leaning towards the 22.
January 17th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiejo1982 View Post
I looked at and considered that but I wonder if it would be too heavy/bulky to carry around.
Actually bobbiejo its only 9 pounds and thats what most infant seats weigh Its the base that adjusts for legroom

January 17th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
Actually bobbiejo its only 9 pounds and thats what most infant seats weigh Its the base that adjusts for legroom
Product Weight:23.5 pounds

Are you saying the base is the majority of weight?
January 17th, 2013, 06:26 PM
According to the specs yes. The main weight is the base...which doesnt leave your car

January 17th, 2013, 06:49 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On the website it says 9.35 pounds without the base and 19.69 pounds with the base.
MamaSkunk likes this.
January 18th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I used the graco 22lb carseat with both of my older boys, but then my second was 10.5 lbs so he didn't last long before we were finding a new seat. With ds3 I looked for the lightest seat because carrying a carseat with a 10+ lb baby isn't easy. I decided on a baby trend that goes up to 30 lbs. dh hates the buckle though. It does get hard sometimes, especially when you have to deal with coats. So we will probably go back to a graco model this time. Ds3 wasn't as big as ds2 so hopefully I won't have to worry about another big baby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search