Graco Snugride carseat

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 06:31 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
I think this is the seat i have decided on. Good reviews and decent price.

Opinions please?
Will be getting an extra base.

not sure if I should get the 22lb. model 30 lb. model or 35ld model.

I hear that babies usually outgrown them before that weight, by height.

Open to opinions and suggestions
January 16th, 2013, 06:35 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a snugride for my daughter. That was almost 5 years ago, though. I liked it. It was a good price, and was really safe. The only thing I hated was that in the model I had, you had to adjust the straps from the back and that sucked. With my son, I bought a different brand so I could just push the button in front to tighten the belts.

Oh and I had the 22lb seat

January 16th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.June2013 View Post
I had a snugride for my daughter. That was almost 5 years ago, though. I liked it. It was a good price, and was really safe. The only thing I hated was that in the model I had, you had to adjust the straps from the back and that sucked. With my son, I bought a different brand so I could just push the button in front to tighten the belts.

Oh and I had the 22lb seat
So every time you buckle baby in you had to go to back and adjust?? Will have to see if models now are like this
January 16th, 2013, 06:39 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amazing amazing amazing. The snugride is a great carseat. For the infant seat you really only need 25 pound one cuz usually the outgrow it height wise before 35 pounds.
Just an fyi the graco snugride has been rated as one of the safest carseats.

Personally i had one for DD it wasnt too heavy for taking out into stores if you dont want to wear your baby. Easily pops in and out of the base. The seatbelt latches pretty easy. When DD outgrew her snugride i got her a foreward facing graco that sits kids up to 100 pounds as it converts to a booster. I also love it.

No you only adjust the belt when they outgrow the current setting

January 16th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
Amazing amazing amazing. The snugride is a great carseat. For the infant seat you really only need 25 pound one cuz usually the outgrow it height wise before 35 pounds.
Just an fyi the graco snugride has been rated as one of the safest carseats.

Personally i had one for DD it wasnt too heavy for taking out into stores if you dont want to wear your baby. Easily pops in and out of the base. The seatbelt latches pretty easy. When DD outgrew her snugride i got her a foreward facing graco that sits kids up to 100 pounds as it converts to a booster. I also love it.

No you only adjust the belt when they outgrow the current setting

Oh okay that is good to know, wasn't sure about adjustment.

By 25lb do you mean the one that hold up to 22 (basic model) or the one that goes up to 30?

I hear they are really safe and don't break the bank!!
January 16th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Sorry 30 pound one lol....I kept thinking it was up to 25 but i checked its the 30.

Oh and the rear adjustment while a pain is a safety feature i was told so the belt doesnt become to loose in an accident

January 16th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
We used the 22lb one with my son, and we'll use it again with this baby. It's great. He outgrew the height limit but we still kept him in it for awhile. When you switch them to a convertible seat, the recommendation is still to keep them rear facing, so their feet will still be touching the back of the seat anyways.

Good sturdy seat! Yeah the strap adjustment in the back is a pain, but it's nice that it only needs done once in awhile.

January 16th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
These are all great to read, since this is the carseat that we were looking at too. I'm glad to read all these positive things about it.
bobbiejo1982 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 16th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Gosh I need to get on it I have not even looked carseats for these babies!

January 16th, 2013, 09:29 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They have a new one, the snugride 40. It is supposed to last until they are 2, so they can stay rear facing that long. The seat slides to adjust on the base, to give them more leg room, and the top (headrest/where the straps are) slides up to make room as they grow.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...QpJrLeKvpZ8ZQw

Or maybe try this if that doesn't work: http://youtu.be/x29_91-__X4

Obviously once they were too heavy, you would just leave it in the car. But then you (maybe?) wouldn't have to buy a new one until they were 2.
MamaSkunk likes this.
January 16th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyBee View Post
They have a new one, the snugride 40. It is supposed to last until they are 2, so they can stay rear facing that long. The seat slides to adjust on the base, to give them more leg room, and the top (headrest/where the straps are) slides up to make room as they grow.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...QpJrLeKvpZ8ZQw

Or maybe try this if that doesn't work: Learn about Graco's new SnugRide Click Connect 40 - YouTube

Obviously once they were too heavy, you would just leave it in the car. But then you (maybe?) wouldn't have to buy a new one until they were 2.
Ahhhhhhh!!! I love it!!! Even better!!! Definately buying this one for baby. Thanks Missy!

January 16th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Welcome! That's the one I'm planning to get. They didn't have it at Buy Buy Baby or this other store, USA Baby, that I went to. The lady there looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if they had it. She hadn't heard of it. I guess it's fairly new. But they do have it at Babies R Us!
January 16th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Haha awesome they have a babies r us right near my elective ultrasound place so after we find out what we are having Im heading there to add stuff to my registry!! I will definately be adding it to my registry haha
MissyBee likes this.

January 16th, 2013, 10:14 PM
I am planning to go do some registering the day we find out too! I haven't started one yet, but have picked out many things I want on it. Some of which I want to know the gender before I do it, which is why I haven't started yet. My mom is going to buy us the carseat & stroller, so I'm not going to register for it I just have to tell her which one we want. I kind of want the girlie one if it's a girl, but people keep telling me I should go more gender neutral with stuff like that. But... If this ended up being my only kid and I didn't get things I wanted, "just in case" the next one was a different gender, I might be sad. Haha. So, we will see.
MamaSkunk likes this.
January 16th, 2013, 10:28 PM
You know when it comes to carseats they recommend you dont reuse them anyway. So if its a girl...go ahead and get girly. Because if you have another baby you can get a new carseat

January 16th, 2013, 10:42 PM
That was my thought! But my sister was telling me she used the same one for all 4 of her kids. Which seems a little crazy to me. She was the big pusher of going gender neutral, but... I probably won't. Just because I want girl things if this baby is a girl! Haha.
January 16th, 2013, 10:50 PM
From what i was told is you should replace carseats every 3 years as a 5 year old carseat is considered obsolete. And I was told this by labor and delivery nurses...peds doctors...and a paramedic so Im assuming that must be true So it could be reused if they are close together but Id think one reuse would be pushing the above rule of thumb
MissyBee likes this.

January 17th, 2013, 02:02 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
That Graco is nice but Nolan would flip out with how low it is.. He is still RF but sits pretty high... I have not even looked at carseats yet

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 17th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy crap, it's over $200! I fell in love with the Snugride 40 after watching that video, but before I saw the price. Yikes. I seem to remember with DD her Graco stroller/car seat combo was about $150 all together.

I mean, I guess if you can get 2 years out of it, it's worth the money...but DD is really tall for her age, and was WAY grown out of her infant car seat by the time we switched her at one year. If I have another tall baby, I just don't see this seat lasting the full 2 years.

Ahhh...conflicted. Baby stuff is so flipping expensive.

January 17th, 2013, 06:05 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
LOVE ours and will be using it again for new baby. I think ours was the 32 lb model and Connor was for sure moved out of it before that. Not because he outgrew it, but because he got too **** heavy to carry around in it! LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search