Carseat Safety

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SassySami

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 10:45 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Child Seats | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)

This website has everything from installation tips and videos to your states child restraint laws. To carseat ratings.
Very handy for all our FTMs

January 17th, 2013, 02:04 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
My 2 biggest things.. RF tell 2 or longer and NO NO heavy coats, snow suits, carseats snuggles should be worn in a carseat
bribugg13 likes this.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 17th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Needed for BTDT ones well. Our youngest is 8 and I forget everything Thanks for posting.

January 17th, 2013, 06:08 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Yes, car seat safety is SO important! Connor is still rear-facing, and although I get comments from my parents every once in awhile, I just ask them if they'd rather have a dead or paralyzed grandson or one who has to face the back seat?! Seriously, it's not that big of a deal and Connor knows no different. He will RF until he outgrows it (10 more pounds, I'm really sad!!)

January 17th, 2013, 09:12 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
So so important!

January 17th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My Mom comments on the fact that Alex has to bend his legs to sit in his seat. I told her that according to car seat safety experts they would much rather take on the risk of a broken leg than a broken neck.

He is getting close to the 1 inch mark RF on his current seat He *might* make it to 2 years old. However, we might just have to flip him around anyway because I was looking at my cars yesterday and I don't think there is enough room behind the seats to accommodate two RF seats. It's very nerve-wracking because we can't put a RF seat directly behind a front seat (not without moving the seat all the way up). This means our newborn will have to be in the center RF. But the safety experts say to put the FF child in the center to give them that extra little bit of protection since they're already at a disadvantage being FF. But I have to put my FF child on the side

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

January 17th, 2013, 09:57 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I understand your concerns and frustrations about where each child will be in the car. I have 2 captains chairs in the minivan so I don't have a choice but to have both children on the sides of the car. I'm sort of a little bit used to it since I didn't have a choice when we got the van, Connor has been on the side ever since, but it still drives me mad!!

January 17th, 2013, 10:10 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great link!

Kiefer is also still RF'ing because he is just so small. His feet touch the back seat but he doesn't even have to bend his legs. My mom is always giving us crap about it so I finally lost it on her recently. Even his pediatrician has commended us on keeping him RF'ing so she can shove it

January 17th, 2013, 10:13 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Graco came out with a new RFing carseat thats meant to fit them til two...it tilts and adjusts for their legs....Missybee posted the link...I am sooo getting one!

January 17th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OH! I meant to share this before:

Newly Wed, Newly Bred!: No-Sew Fleece Car Seat Poncho

It's directions on how to make a no sew fleece poncho. I made one for my son and LOVE it! I cut the neck hole too big and that's caused a few problems but not enough to affect its usage. I highly recommend this solution.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search