Colors in your home

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2013, 06:37 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
So DH and I have decided to build a new home in FL, instead of trying to find one for sale. Now come all of the big decisions and details!! For those following me on pinterest, sorry for the wall color spam lately! LOL

What colors do you have on your walls in your home? (and just for curiosity, what color are your kitchen cabinets? lol)

I THINK I've narrowed it down to what colors I want in each room...now to decide on shades!

Here's my initial thoughts:

Living Room/Foyer: Blue or Gray (leaning towards gray)
Kitchen: Red-ish
Dining: Yellow (all of these are from this color palette)

Our bedroom: Brown
Our bathroom: Blue (Silver Gray) (from this color palette)

Connor's Room: Blue or Green
Connor's/Guest Bathroom: Red (deciding between Mickey or Cars theme)

Laundry room: Bright yellow or lime green

The 2nd/spare bedroom will depend on if this baby is a girl or not. If she is, then it will be pink! If not, then maybe another brown, gray, or blue for a guest room.

January 17th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Our house is pretty boring. Our kitchen looks like http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=ikea+k...7&tx=205&ty=46 We have that backsplash and we have white cupbaords/stainless steel appliances and dark bluish granite counter tops and the colour on the walls is a dark grey (sort of blue in some lights)

Our laundry room is more of a yellowish taupe colour.

Our bedrooms and living rooms are all light grey with white crown moldings.

I love all your colours though! They're far more interesting then my own and will really add your own personal touch to every room

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks

Last edited by Kalynas_Mom; January 17th, 2013 at 07:03 AM.
January 17th, 2013, 08:25 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our whole house is 'military white', which is a sort of an off white color. We live in base housing and haven't felt like painting. I think when we move we are actually going to paint the kids rooms but I hate having to paint everything back before we leave so who knows.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
January 17th, 2013, 08:44 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If I had my way, I'd have warm wood floors and every wall would be crisp, clean white. I like my accessories and furniture to be super colorful and cheery, which is why I want the space itself to be very clean. I like to change up a room just by switching the linens and rearranging.

My crappy apartment, however, is mostly silly-putty beige with hideous stained carpet that's supposed to be off-white. It's awful. My in-laws own it and they used leftover paint from their house. I did choose the wall color for DD's room--it's a happy greeny-yellow and I love it. My bedroom is a light mint. It looks great when there's lots of natural light, but in the winter it's dingy. My kitchen cabinets have peeling laminate that's a pinkish-gray, to match the cream-and-pink linoleum. Also awful. I can't wait until we can afford to get out of this place!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

January 17th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Rochelle
Ugh... don't get me started...

Our kitchen walls are supposed to be white, I guess but look off-white. Our cabinets in there are a nice solid wood medium brown. Our peel n stick lenolium is HORRIBLE, nasty, grey, peeling up, stained up. So gross! It's the worse thing about our entire home.

*We bought the house foreclosed 2.5 yrs ago and haven't had money to renovate. We actually need to tear down a section of the hm and fix the foundation where the idiots before us had taken out a support wall to widen the walkway between the diningroom and kitchen. Bc of that we're not redecorating anything at all in the home until the renovating is done which can't be done until we get a new roof, a new septic system dug, and a new well dug. We only have a shallow well and horrible water pressure. It's so annoying to not be able to do anything to make things look better. It never looks clean bc of the paint job and linoleum.

The rest of the house isn't too bad though.. The livingroom, hallway and master bedroom have wood laminate and look decent and the walls in there are a sponged on yellow/tan color which surprisingly looks ok. Our bedroom has a strange beige color with a green leaves border spray painted on. Doesn't look too classy.
The living room had a fireplace before we ever lived there and when it was removed they left the brickwall. It's like an accent wall now. It's alright, I don't hate it.

The girls' room and boy's room have gray faux tile squares laid which is ok. The boy's room has white walls and the girl's has a minty blue-green with grey trim. Looks kinda cottage-like. It suits the room.

Our bathroom is pretty bad and is like our kitchen but not as bad at all.

Our laundry room is out off of our porch and looks like a storage room so no decoration at all.
January 17th, 2013, 01:03 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My house

The kitchen walls are beige to match the stone floor tiles my cupboards are white and my counter and backsplash is blue and white(the blue combined with beige is awful and is gonna be changed)

My whole home has hardwood floors so living room and most the rooms are a sand color
But those are the colors the previous owner used. We are going to paint DDs room a dark pink..not sure on nursery yet..but I need to repaint also cuz I am not a fan of neutrals and Im not a fan of red on walls its horrid to paint over and red is a color that usually brings out anger in a person.

January 17th, 2013, 05:47 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
My decorating style is really traditional. We have an old house so all the floors are hardwood. Most rooms have a gold tint in varying shades. I have lots of garnet with rugs and accessories. Our kitchen cabinets are the antiqued off white painted with a taupe/olive granite. I painted the kitchen walls an olive green. Our room is taupe with blue and brown in the rug and curtains. The girls' room is sky blue. The guest room is currently ballet pink (Lily's old room) but I'd like to change it to a dark pumpkin. The nursery is pale green now, but I'm changing that to gray
January 17th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My kitchen is a light grey with honey colored wood cabinets that are rather large. It has super white trim and white eyelet curtains.

My living room is a darker grey with bright white trim (I get migraines and wanted a darker room i could hide in if i needed too).

My bathroom is the color of coffee. It all flows very well together. My hallway is like...a creamy beige. Alex and Sebastian's room is army green. Mine is still developer flat offwhite because I haven't decided yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search