Snow!!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bribugg13
  • 1 Post By mommyandwife08
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2013, 10:06 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
It rarely snows in this area of NC. Maybe 2-3 times per winter if we're lucky! Of course, it never fails, if I travel to Florida it will snow. If we visit the in-laws for Christmas, they have a white Christmas in NC. So, I'm leaving tomorrow morning to visit DH for a week and OF COURSE, it's going to start snowing tonight!!!!!! I'm so mad we're going to miss it!

DH is worried I'm not going to be able to travel tomorrow. I was planning on leaving at 8am, but may not be able to leave 'til closer to noon. We will see. This is the part of the country that starts closing schools and business THIS AFTERNOON in preparation for the 2-6 inches we MAY get over NIGHT!! It's crazy!! Schools will probably stay closed for half of next week also, ha ha.
mommyandwife08 likes this.

January 17th, 2013, 10:22 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am from NC and I had to laugh at your post. I remember missing so much school for NOTHING. If it happened during school as soon as that first snowflake fell we would get to leave early. They do have a tendency to over react.
I am sorry you may be missing snow. I know how you feel. I want some snow so bad!
I hope you have a safe trip to visit your DH!
bribugg13 likes this.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
January 17th, 2013, 10:41 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh god I laughed soooo hard at this. I am a Minnesota girl born and bred and here they dont close schools til its like -30 or a blizzard that gets over a foot of snow in a few hours. I honestly remember school closing maybe two or three times as a kid. And one of those times we got so much snow the drifts were taller than i was at 8. Lol
Also when i worked with directv i dealt with techs and people from all over and i remember one time i had calls from techs in NC and TX and other southern states and they were trying to cancel their appointments for an inch of snow...meanwhile i was looking outside at an Idaho mountain blizzard with two foot of snow in a few hours. I told those techs they were dang wusses and to suck it up unless they wanted me to bring them up north and show them real snow. Southerners and californians crack me up over how they react over snow. lol
crawmommy likes this.

January 17th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
yes, it's so true, they do go crazy over a FLAKES of snow! I know realistically it's because we have a lot of country, back roads and they don't spend money on a lot of snow plows and winter weather equipment because it doesn't happen often. But it's still funny to watch the local news and see so many school and business closings before the snow has even begun to fall! They wonder why NC school ratings are so low.... maybe because we miss so much school in the winter months!

January 17th, 2013, 06:57 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm in NC. I did see some snow flakes for about 30 minutes but it's back to rain now. Our county schools (and my daycare) are on a 2 hour delay tomorrow. It is crazy how people here overreact. Today there were accidents all over the roads and it was just rain! Seriously the mere mention of snow sends people over the edge here.
January 18th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Well, as an update we did get about 4-6 inches of snow! It was crazy, we even lost power for 14 hours (that totally sucked!!) I ended up still leaving this morning to drive to FL, once I got about 15 mi west, all the snow disappeared!! It was nice while I was there though! Connor enjoyed playing in it, too!

January 19th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Veteran
We get snow for about one week a year here and nobody can cope. Schools get closed, people have trouble getting to work, so many car accidents. It's ridiculous. It snowed here a few days ago a little bit and then it melted and then it snowed constantly yesterday. The kids love it but I do not!
January 19th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I live in the NE and am a Southern Gal at heart. I laugh cause we went to Disney Christmas 2011 and it was freezing. We were told colder than ever for FL.

January 19th, 2013, 06:55 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
This post cracks me up! Colorado native here, snow is nothing here.. Nothing closes down, my daughters last snow was when my son was born. It was because it was sub zero temps for days and just to cold for kids.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search