How do you ladies deal with this pregant insomnia??

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2013, 01:29 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
I slept for 2 hours last night woke at midnight and laid there til 4am, needles to say I decided to stay home from work today

What gives? This is hard to deal with esp. after baby comes we won't be getting much sleep. How do you ladies deal?
January 17th, 2013, 01:36 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I took a Benadryl childrens strip two nights in a row.

January 17th, 2013, 01:36 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was always up all night and sleeping all day with my first pregnancy. But i wasnt working. Haha this one i just wanna sleep all the time

January 17th, 2013, 01:42 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take benadryl or a unisom when it gets really bad. That seems to help.

January 17th, 2013, 02:07 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I get really grouchy! lol but it is true. Some days I can sneak in a nap. Other days ... I feel like a zombie. I don't remember having THIS much trouble sleeping with my older two.
January 17th, 2013, 02:33 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was having a lot of trouble sleeping a few weeks ago. Lately, I have been so exhausted from work that I have been sleeping better. Plus I am fighting off a cold. It is 5:30pm here and I can barely keep my eyes open.

January 17th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Ugh so a lot of us are suffering Is unison and benedryl safe to take?
January 17th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not having any trouble with sleep! I don't work so I never set an alarm. I usually go to sleep around midnight and sleep until around 9:30.
January 17th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Wish i could say the same, I hate getting up at 6:30am for work esp. on little sleep
January 17th, 2013, 04:19 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Benadryl or Tylenol PM (which is just Tylenol with Benadryl) are both safe. I don't know about unisom, I've never used it.

My mom was telling me today she had horrible problems sleeping when pregnant with my youngest sister, and her doctor actually prescribed her some kind of sleeping pill it got so bad. I don't know if I'm quite there yet, but I'm definitely getting desperate. I need to remember to bring this up with my doc if I'm still having this trouble by my next appt.
January 17th, 2013, 04:40 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's funny because I'm starting to get tired in the afternoons again, yet I have a hard time staying asleep all night. I used to be able to fall right back asleep after a quick middle of the night pee, but now I find myself laying awake for at least an hour. So frustrating.

January 17th, 2013, 04:42 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
I cannot seem to sleep through the night
I have to wake up to pee at least once or twice a night
and being sick is causing me to wake up even more
I have to get up at 530am for work and it SUCKS

January 17th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I take two promethazine pills (prescribed anti-nausea) and it knocks me on my butt and makes sure i don't wake up in the middle of the night to vomit too (which I had a big problem with before)

January 17th, 2013, 06:07 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My OB said Tylenol PM or Benadryl are both safe for insomnia. Mine is terrible.
January 17th, 2013, 07:25 PM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
Maybe I will try to take something.... I am also dealing with working third shift 13+ hour days. I can only sleep 5-6 hours on the days I work the night before until Easton's bus comes. I work 4 on and 4 off. Before I got PG I had no problem getting my sleep back on track after my first day off. Now, I never get back on track. I waste my days off sleeping, then I wake up during the night and am up all night. It's terrible. My house is set up in a way where I can't get up and be productive without waking everyone up. I rarely bother sleeping in my own room anymore because I don't want to disturb anyone so I sleep in the spare room.

January 17th, 2013, 07:41 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Unisom is safe. The ingredient in it is the same ingredient that is in Dilectin (which is a reaaallly commonly used nausea pill in pregnancy). Benadryl is safe too.

January 17th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Super Mommy
Benadryl always works for me, but it also makes me a bit drowsy in the morning, but I know this doesn't happen to everyone. As far as I know Melatonin is safe to take while pregnant, just keep it under 3mg a night. I like to switch it up when I'm having problems, one night I'll do benadryl, the next a melatonin.
January 17th, 2013, 09:18 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been taking unisom for a while, my doctor told me to take it to help with the nausea, but it knocks me out and she said to take a half of one in the morning, which I obviously couldn't do. So, I had just been taking it at night. Over the holidays I stopped taking it and was sleeping fine, but I've been back to laying there forever trying to fall asleep. So, I've taken a half of one a few nights lately because a whole one makes me super tired the next day. I guess I had gotten used to it because that wasn't happening anymore after I took it for a while, but now I feel drugged all day if I take a whole one. I think part of my problem is sleeping too late on my of days, which makes it harder to fall asleep at night and taking naps whenever I have the chance! I need them so bad some days, but sometimes it makes sleeping at night rough. It's weird because I'm SO TIRED, yet my mind won't let me fall asleep! Ugh.
January 17th, 2013, 09:37 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
The not getting up in the morning is why I have been using childrens lol.

January 17th, 2013, 11:35 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
melatonin is not considered safe, it is a C drug...

I take Tylenol pm almost every night..

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search