21 Week Appt. and Recommended Diet (Amy, I asked a question for you!)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MerinSun
  • 1 Post By MerinSun

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So, all went well at my doctor's appointment. My midwife was able to tell me exactly why I haven't been feeling the baby move much: My placenta moved and is now entirely anterior! Whew! While they did the HB you could hear the baby kicking and punching just fine.

Because I had an almost 10lb baby with no history of diabetes or GD my midwife is concerned that my body just naturally wants to make GIANT babies which can lead to complications, especially if I tend to deliver late. SO, she wants to put me on a low sugar diet as if I did have GD. I just don't need to check my sugar levels or anything.

She pulled out a packet that has examples of all kinds of foods and told me that i cannot have anything that has a Glycemic Index over 50. Did you know that popcorn breaks down into glucose more than potato chips?!?! Basically, she wants me to follow this rule of thumb: Cut out or extremely limit all carbs and to give up drinking milk in favor of drinking soy milk with calcium in it (like Silk). If I really want a hamburger I'm to toss out the top bun. If I must eat pasta is must be whole wheat or whole meal.

Thinking of Amy I specifically asked about fruit. She said "Fruit is the Devil!" :lol HOWEVER if I limit my carbs and sugars in other ways and AVOID high in sugar fruits then there are quite a few fruits that I can enjoy guilt free. She said berries were great, to only eat green grapes, and apples were best.

Low Insulin:
Apple, Avocado, blueberries, grapefruit juice, nectarine, strawberries, apple juice, blackberries, cranberries, grapes, oranges, pineapples (though she told me to limit acidic fruits, too), tangerine, applesauce, cranberry juice, huckleberries, orange juice, plum, tangerine juice, apricots, cantaloupe, grapefruit, kiwi, passion fruit, pineapple juice, apricot juice, carrot juice (but not carrots, surprisingly. Carrots=85), grape juice, lemon/lime, peach, raspberries. All juices are to be in 4-6oz servings not a "glass" and about once a day.

A smoothie made with these fruits/juices mixed with plain yogurt with stevia as a sweetener (if even needed, usually the juice sweetens my smoothie enough) is perfectly fine. If balanced correctly a couple of smoothies a day are also just fine, especially if you blend in the veggies under the "All You Can Eat" category. Spinach being A-Okay.
MamaSkunk likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

January 17th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for asking my question! Good to know!
January 17th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I then went home and made myself a strawberry smoothie
Hopeful2BMommy likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search