Where are you with names?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Names Poll
Agreed and set in stone 10 25.64%
Agreed but not set in stone 7 17.95%
Still discussing but getting close 10 25.64%
Wont know until we know the Gender 7 17.95%
Waiting until birth to set the final name 1 2.56%
HAHA that starts WWIII in our house 4 10.26%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2013, 09:43 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Lets do a poll to see where everyone is at with names!

January 18th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We know his name will be Eli, but still working on the full name.
January 18th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've been decided on a boy's name for a couple of months, but we just recently decided on a girl's name (just in case) the other day. The names we've chosen are Aidan Philip and Calliope Aurora..

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 18th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
The name thing is really hard for us. I'm Ukrainian, DD has a Ukrainian name and goes to a Ukrainian heritage school so everyone has to have at least one Ukrainian parent and be baptized in the Ukrainian Catholic church etc etc. soooo to have a VERY english name that can't translate properly is a HUGE issue for me. The problem is I really dislike most of the Ukrainian boy names and the ones that translate well I don't like the English version. I'm *really* stuck on Christian. DH thinks it sounds girly and I said well Christian Bale is Batman....that sounds pretty manly to me....And he reminded me that Christian Bale also beat up his girlfriend/mom haha So I already lost that battle.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 18th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
We don't know the gender. We have some names but probably won't name the baby until birth like we did with dd.
January 18th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalynas_Mom View Post
The name thing is really hard for us. I'm Ukrainian, DD has a Ukrainian name and goes to a Ukrainian heritage school so everyone has to have at least one Ukrainian parent and be baptized in the Ukrainian Catholic church etc etc. soooo to have a VERY english name that can't translate properly is a HUGE issue for me. The problem is I really dislike most of the Ukrainian boy names and the ones that translate well I don't like the English version. I'm *really* stuck on Christian. DH thinks it sounds girly and I said well Christian Bale is Batman....that sounds pretty manly to me....And he reminded me that Christian Bale also beat up his girlfriend/mom haha So I already lost that battle.
I like Christian, and I don't think it's girly at all. Definitely a boy name around here.
January 18th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Veteran
We arent really discussing yet but we have a few names on a list on the computer
January 18th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We had a full name decided by about 10 weeks for both genders. So it was easy to transition into calling the baby by his name once we knew he was a boy.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 18th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For a boy, we decided on Finnegan Michael before we even got pregnant. So that one is set in stone. But we can't agree on a girl's name! I already know that if it's a girl, the middle name will be June, after my Nan who passed away several years ago, but I can't get DH to agree with me on any of the first names.

I feel like it's a boy anyways, and everyone else is guessing boy too, so for now I'm not too worried about picking a girl's name. After our ultrasound next Friday, if it turns out that it IS a girl, we'll start trying to come up with something.

January 18th, 2013, 11:31 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Boys names are so hard for us. So I am so glad I have one if there is a next time!

January 18th, 2013, 12:04 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
We have a boys name and a girls name picked out that we're 95% sure we'll be using, just got to wait to see what baby is!

January 18th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Rochelle
Still discussing but getting close..

I know what I want but DH is being all iffy and I decided a couple months ago to not bring it up anymore. He's the type of person that inspiration strikes at random and then he'll proclaim some new grand idea of the awesom-est name ever. At that point, we'll re-discuss and I'll bring up my name ideas. Hopefully he will at least talk possible girl names since I know he's fully convinced we're having a boy. I think we are too but we need to have a girl name ready since we're team green.
January 18th, 2013, 02:40 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For some reason I have no desire to even discuss it until we know the gender.

January 18th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
We are not naming the baby till he is born. I prefer to name him after his father but dh said no because his nephew is named after him so now I have to wait to see what he looks like before I name him.
January 18th, 2013, 03:29 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure wars have been started over things like this at our house We have such a hard time agreeing that I agreed not to bring up until we at least know the gender. After Monday morning, the gloves are coming out!!!
navywifey2003 and 4hearts like this.

January 18th, 2013, 04:38 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Amazingly (since the first 200+ names I discussed with DH were rejected) we are currently about 95% on both boy and girl names. Every once in a while I'll waver on one of the names, and DH will roll his eyes, and usually I end up back on the ones we've tentatively decided on, but there's still plenty of time for both of us to completely change our minds.
January 18th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have had family names picked out for the first boy and first girl since we were not even married if and when we have a third, it will be difficult to actually have to decide on a name! I was worried about what we would do if we had another girl but luckily it is a boy!

January 18th, 2013, 05:53 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Nope no names. We don't agree on naming styles so we haven't even seriously discussed names at all. We'll probably revisit in a few weeks, especially since we'll find out the gender next week
January 18th, 2013, 06:24 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
We wont' know until we find out gender, but we have been discussing so we're more prepared!

January 18th, 2013, 07:07 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I have totally different name styles so we have just stopped discussing it. We had a great boy's name picked out (which you think would be the harder one since it would have been our third) but that wont work now. Hopefully this little girl will have a name before we bring her home.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search