Bought fabric for the nursery!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2013, 07:23 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We won't be finding out the gender of this baby until Friday, but I couldn't resist this grouping. I took the pic at night, so the colors aren't quite what they are in person. I do realize that there is some pink in there and it is flowers but I think the whole look will be fairly gender neutral. I'm going for a modern take on a retro style. Our house was built in the 50s so it should fit right into the character we already have. I plan on painting the walls a light to medium gray color. The mustard polka dot print will be the curtains and will have cherry red ric rac trim on the bottom. The bold flower print will be the bumper, and the geometric print will be the bedskirt. Instead of a mobile, I'm on the hunt for wire birdcages at thrift stores that I can spray paint to match the red, kelly green, and mustard colors. I brought it home and DH was like "Well, that's a lot of color." At least he didn't complain about the flowers
January 19th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Rochelle
I love retro! That's an awesome combo. You could play up the green and blue accents if it's a boy
January 19th, 2013, 07:50 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I love it! I'm not one for typical nursery stuff anyways!

January 19th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
I love it! I'm not one for typical nursery stuff anyways!
I figured out that I'm not really either. I did the typical nursery style with both girls (Classic Pooh with Lily and Pink flowers with Abri), but I think I am really tired of having a pastel room for the last 5 years.
edgeofelise likes this.
January 19th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
LOVE IT!!!!!!! I love the colors and retro prints. So cool!!!

It will be a bit on the girly side with the flowers though. But not too girly because of the darker colors and mustard and all that. It looks like a great antidote to pastels if you are sick of that! I really want to see final pics when you are all done!

January 19th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Awesome prints! I don't think they're too girly at all. I love the colours

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 19th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love it, very bold!

With DD we went very traditional nursery too, but this time I'm thinking more about myself than baby. I figure, until the baby is a toddler, it's not going to have any opinions about what the room looks like, and that's usually when you do your first big redecorating of the room anyways. I decided this time that since I'm the one who cares, and I'm the one who is going to be in there nursing at 3 am and whatnot, I'm going to make it a calm, relaxing, and beautiful room that I love.

January 19th, 2013, 09:24 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
I can't wait to see the finished nursery! It sounds awesome!

January 19th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Veteran
Pretty fabric!
January 19th, 2013, 09:46 AM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
Love the colors! Are you making crib bumpers? I've been told over and over again that they're unsafe and not to use them, but I see them for sale all over the place. I'm just curious what you've heard because as a first-timer it's all very confusing!

January 19th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kit.kat.81 View Post
Love the colors! Are you making crib bumpers? I've been told over and over again that they're unsafe and not to use them, but I see them for sale all over the place. I'm just curious what you've heard because as a first-timer it's all very confusing!
I am making a bumper. I know the risks with them. We use them typically for the first few weeks when baby doesn't move around. Then I take them out for several months until baby has much better control of movement. Abri didn't even sleep in the crib, she slept with us. We used part of her bumper at the head of our bed to prevent her pacifier from falling through the little crack between the mattress and headboard. I tend to break a lot of the "rules" as far as bumpers, bedsharing, sleeping on tummy, etc.
January 19th, 2013, 11:32 AM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
Ah, okay! That sounds reasonable. It gets so confusing with all the conflicting information, so I was very curious as to how others approach the bumper issue. We were thinking of getting the mesh bumpers, but still deciding. Thanks for sharing!

January 19th, 2013, 07:31 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by kit.kat.81 View Post
Ah, okay! That sounds reasonable. It gets so confusing with all the conflicting information, so I was very curious as to how others approach the bumper issue. We were thinking of getting the mesh bumpers, but still deciding. Thanks for sharing!
I will still be using a bumper...

January 19th, 2013, 07:38 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
we used a bumper the entire time and switched to a breathable one when he got older because we didnt want him use the bulkier one as a jumping point to escape his crib
never had a single issue once

January 19th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Veteran
Cute fabric!!

January 20th, 2013, 06:10 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love the fabric!

I haven't even started thinking aout the nursery yet. We need to redo B's room so that has been my focus.

Kat

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search