To Do...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Rochelle
*What's on your big "To Do before baby's here" list?

*Have you gotten any of it done since becoming pregnant?

*Does it feel insurmountable or very doable?

January 20th, 2013, 08:20 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I have a lot to do, and I'm not really sure how much I can get done. I work at a CPA firm and it's tax season. That means I work 6 days a week until mid April and then half days after that. So that means I need to sew 3 curtains, 1 dust ruffle, 1 crib bumper, 1 pillow, find accessories, paint the room, find a rug, sell all the nursery stuff I currently have that doesn't match my new theme. And then I want to go through the house and do a big spring cleaning- so room by room reorganize and deep clean. I also need to go through my cedar closet full of baby and kid clothes to see what I have (and hope that this baby isn't a boy so I don't have to buy all new clothes. I want to reuse all the cute stuff I have!). Oh and then I have to find a new infant carseat and get an adapter for my jogging stroller. That's kind of a lot
January 20th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Break out all the old baby gear and clean it.
Sort and wash old baby clothes, assess if I need to buy anything for nb/0-3 month (if he is like his sister he will be in nb clothing for about 5 days)
Wash nb and small diapers and covers, get rid of girly covers, maybe buy some more boyish ones
Get car tuned up and interior/exterior detail
Reorganize M's room and closet, make room for baby stuff, put baby's clothes and diapers and blankets up
Close to due date: set up arm's reach cosleeper and have infant car seat ready to go, pack hospital bag

January 20th, 2013, 08:29 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm trying to plan a wedding and I've only got a few first aid supplies, and onesies. We live at in laws and there is a huge pool table in our room so we have to get rid of that first before we get any baby stuff so I'm panicking

January 20th, 2013, 08:34 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Buy her clothes we got rid of all our baby girl clothes. Wash a few things, break out the gear when we get closer and wash my cloth diapers. That's about it. I have to buy my birth kit but that's not until later either.

January 20th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't bought a single thing for this baby because we're waiting to find out the gender. When we moved from Arizona to Ontario we sold every single possession except clothes and a few sentimental items. In a way, it's nice because I don't have to sort through or clean any old baby stuff, but it does seem a little daunting to buy every single thing we need in the next 4 months. The room we're using as the nursery is very small - about 10x10, and we're living in my parent's house. My parents have a strict "No kid stuff anywhere but their rooms" policy, so we'll definitely have to prioritize what we're getting for the baby so we don't run out of room.

Once we find out the gender things will get a bit hectic with decorating and shopping. I told my husband I want to paint the room as soon as we find out and he said, "You're home all day, you've got plenty of time to get it done." Oy. Thanks, dear. To try and spread out the costs I'll probably be buying one or two things each time my husband gets paid. No plans to have a baby shower to help with baby stuff since we don't really have any friends up here to invite...just our family, and we already live with them.

January 20th, 2013, 08:59 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Once we find out the gender tomorrow, I will have a more definite plan of action (if its a girl I needs lots of clothes because I didn't keep DD's). I want to do a huge spring cleaning room by room. Everything needs to be gone through to organize and consolidate. Especially Kiefer's room since eventually baby will be sharing with him. I will also need to make new bedding for the cradle. My kids all start out in a cradle my great grandpa made and it is a very odd size so all the bedding has to be made.

January 20th, 2013, 09:14 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
I haven't done anything to get ready for this baby yet. When we find out what it is we'll start shopping and getting rid of things we don't need (the kids clothes that I saved depending on gender)

January 20th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Veteran
Oh you know, just buy EVERYTHING from scratch since we got rid of everything after Owen outgrew it.
January 20th, 2013, 09:44 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Clean out what will be the nursery (and try to figure out where to put all that stuff), paint, decorate, buy pretty much everything baby will need, put together furniture, and spring clean the rest of the house. Wow, now I'm overwhelmed.

January 20th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Doing lots of spring cleaning, have to buy everything since we got rid of all our baby stuff and only have some baby boy clothes left and this baby is most likely a girl. I have been cleaning and emptying out the room that will be dedicated to baby stuff, not setting up the nursery until may since we will be moving then. I have to clean all carpets in the rooms, cleaning walls and touching up some paint and cleaning my couches too. I definitely feel the nesting stages starting. Lol

January 20th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Donate lots and lots and lots. Started today. We used the extra bedroom for storage and now need to clean. Filled three large garbage bags (huge ones) of clothing and took them to donate. Another one for trash. The recycling center is getting a visit as well. Once gender is known (hopefully in 11 days) we are going room to room getting everything in the house in order. As I am outgrowing regular clothing, I am searching for my old ones as well.

January 20th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh you know, we have pretty much nothing for the baby except a couple onesies I got on clearance that he can't wear until next winter, and a blanket I made. On top of all that, we're moving at the end of June, so I want to go through our storage and start condensing/getting rid of things. So just a few things to do...

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 20th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm, our to-do list??

Get approved for a home loan, find a house, buy a house, move into said house.. All this just by the middle of May..

After that:
Paint nursery & dd's room, decorate nursery, buy all the baby stuff we need after my shower...

Not to mention, even if we can't find a house by the time we have to be out of this one (end of June), we still have to find a place to live...

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 20th, 2013, 01:19 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have alot to do....I have to paint and redo guest room and transfer DD in there. And then I have to paint and do Nursery for this little guy and we havent bought anything yet and its feeling very overwhelming to me at this point since I got all very girlie stuff for DD...everything has to be replaced with the exception of my pack n play was very gender neutral. Ugh I feel completely overwhelmed right now by it. Which was also part of my whole reason i had a breakdown when learning it was a boy.

January 20th, 2013, 01:22 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haven't really thought about it yet...maybe once I find out gender I'll be inspired on making a plan. Part of it is I don't know how long after baby is born that we'll be here or have moved back to mainland. So stuff like the nursery and what not isn't high on the list until I have more of a feel of where we'll be at. We are reusing some of DSs equipment whether girl or boy - like infant carseat, crib, buy new nipples for bottles, baby towels/wash clothes etc...just need to clean/wash before baby comes. Clothes, blankets, accessories (socks, mittens, caps, etc) I'm sure will just stream in from family, so not worried about that - just gotta wash and put away. IMHO, babies don't take a lot to get started...the only thing new I'm planning on is a PnP w/ bassinet & a swing. DSs PnP is back on the mainland and not worth the price to ship and he also had a virbrating chair that he loved but we gave it away. So other than that...just keeping it pretty basic for the early days.

January 20th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Rochelle
WoW, you ladies have some BIG things to do! You've given me a wake up call to put on my big girl panties as my list isn't near as big as some of yours. Not that I'm gloating, I just felt jealous before like I had more to do that other ppl probably did.

I did move during the end of my last pg and that was not the most fun thing in the world, so more power to you if that's what you're going to go through. Just remember to take it one day at a time. Baby wont care if the surroundings aren't perfect and that's what matters most. Little by little the rest will get put away.

My list consists mainly of purging everything on our property, our home, our 2 storage sheds and a storage tent. Our home needs a severe deep cleaning and we STILL have a problem with roaches despite having pest control for a yr. SO with tax money we have to hire a new company to get them out. There's not many left but even one is too many! Living in the country makes this kind of thing hard to get rid of. But anyways, scrubbed top to bottom, the whole house and the porches.

I also need to get out all the baby stuff I hoard and make decisions on what I'll use and not use and donate what I really won't. I need to take inventory of my cloth diaper stash and get them all washed up. Our minivan needs a very good cleaning also. We don't have a nursery though so none of that is needed but I will need to set something up in DD's room for the first few weeks as her bed is the right height for me getting up and down during recovering from a c/s. I'll have to have the girls sleep in DS's room and he sleep in bed with DH during that time.

There's probably more but that's all my poor brain can handle for now.
January 20th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to move Sebastian into Alex's room.
I promised Alex his room will get a new coat of paint, curtains, and I would paint a HALO mural on his wall.
I will also rearrange the furniture in Alex's room.
I will buy him a flat screen TV because his ancient tv is dying.
I will take the double doors off his closet and make it more of an organized shelf/entertainment area to keep his toys and whatnot since he can not be bothered to hang anything up, ever.

THEN I have the baby's room. I will paint it grey with an accent wall.
I will get an area rug (our carpets are old)
A crib.
A chair to nurse in.
A dresser.
Make drapes.
Owl Wall decal.
Letter stencils for the quote I want.

I also need to get a carseat and pick up the family bassinet in Connecticut.

I have almost completed her crib quilt, still have to do the bumper and bed skirt.

If you lived closer, we could just swap stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
I have alot to do....I have to paint and redo guest room and transfer DD in there. And then I have to paint and do Nursery for this little guy and we havent bought anything yet and its feeling very overwhelming to me at this point since I got all very girlie stuff for DD...everything has to be replaced with the exception of my pack n play was very gender neutral. Ugh I feel completely overwhelmed right now by it. Which was also part of my whole reason i had a breakdown when learning it was a boy.

January 20th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
We have to turn our computer room into my son's room so the nursery can be used for this baby. The people who used to live here had a girl in that room: pink carpeting with scary wallpaper of teddy bears dressed up like fancy dolls. Creepy! And we haven't started on it at all. It's doable but I'm such a procrastinator!

January 20th, 2013, 03:50 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
My to-do list: everything. We really have done much of anything yet as far as clearing out the room that will be the nursery, etc. I've bought two things, both which we won't need until the baby is older anyway. We have started a special savings for baby expenses, but that's about it.

I'm not overly worried about it yet. I know I have time, and I work best under pressure of an approaching deadline lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search