Movement

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2013, 07:59 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Are you feeling movement? How often? Do you know where your placenta is located?

January 20th, 2013, 08:12 PM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
I'm finally feeling regular movement. Still sort of intermittent, but more definitive. I have an anterior and low-lying placenta, unfortunately, so it's taken a while and I feel like I'd be feeling a lot more if the placenta weren't in the way. Luckily at my anatomy scan they said that it was a full 3.5 cm away from my cervix and moving up, so no previa.

January 20th, 2013, 08:21 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the tech said mines toward the front... he did say where mines at women feel baby sooner haha he suggested I would feel movement at 15 weeks lol i was like uhm nope just a few days ago actually.

January 20th, 2013, 08:24 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm feeling at least a little bit every day. Some days he's super active and it's an all-day dance party, and some days he's mellow and I just get a couple hello taps. My placenta starts anterior and wraps around the left side of my uterus, which I think is why I feel him some days more than others depending on position. Last time my placenta was totally anterior and I didn't feel much at all until 19-20 weeks. I don't even remember how long until it was strong and regular but it was quite late.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

January 20th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
I feel my little guy everyday since lastweek,started feeling movement at 14 weeks. My placenta I was told is on my left side toward the back.
January 20th, 2013, 09:41 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gummy bear moves a lot at night as well as after each meal. Not sure where my placenta is as I have only had one true ultrasound and that was at 9 weeks.

January 21st, 2013, 05:54 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No movement yet. Last night I actually had a dream where I felt her kicking.
I don't know where my placenta is but I hope to find out at my appointment next week.

Never mind! As I was about to hit send she kicked!!! I am so happy!!!
Steph625 likes this.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
January 21st, 2013, 06:32 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm feeling regular movement. A LOT! I liked the earlier description of dance party! All day long too! I think my bladder is his trampoline!
Placenta is high and posterior.
mommyandwife08 likes this.
January 21st, 2013, 06:45 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never even thought to ask where my placenta was in my last pregnancy, and no one ever told me. And I haven't been told during this pregnancy either. Is that important to know?

I've been feeling the baby move for about 5 weeks now. Just little flutters at first, but now we're into full on kicks and summersaults - constantly! Wiggly little baby!

January 21st, 2013, 07:11 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He's usually really active late at night and first thing in the morning (I think he's a night owl already).. I'm pretty sure my placenta isn't too far from my cervix, so I guess it's low-lying..

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 21st, 2013, 07:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel him ALL THE TIME. The tech at my u/s on Friday said he was "quite the mover." And I was all "Yes, yes he is." I never thought to ask where my placenta is located, I just know it's in "a really good spot" according to the tech.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 21st, 2013, 07:40 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I saw the placenta on my last u/s. There was a student doing it and he said "Is that the placenta!!??" It kind of worried me that he reacted like that, but maybe he was just excited to see it . If I remember correctly it was at the left side at the bottom of the sac on u/s. What does that mean?
January 21st, 2013, 09:20 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Not sure of placenta location, bit definitely feeling movement. Even a couple of kicks from the outside all of a sudden.
January 21st, 2013, 09:24 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I felt flutters and a kick about a week ago but nothing noticeable since. At my 12 week scan I had a low lying placenta.

January 21st, 2013, 09:31 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine is posterior and to the left. I feel a lot of movement. He kicks right by my ribs already Thankfully he isn't too strong yet!

January 21st, 2013, 10:33 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
Baby's moving right now actually. It's been super active lately and I love it

January 21st, 2013, 10:43 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started feeling something a few days ago. But it comes and goes. It isn't flutters really... More just like pressure that moves quickly. At 11 weeks I was told my placenta was anterior (at the front), which was why the dr couldn't find the hb. I don't know if it's still there or if it has moved. I think it has shifted to the right a little and isn't right on top, but I really don't know that for sure. Everything I feel is only on the left and when I listen with my doppler, I can't hear anything baby on the right side. Only on the left. Maybe I'll find out at my anatomy scan in 2 weeks! But if it is still anterior, that is probably why I can't feel much. I hope that changes soon!
January 21st, 2013, 11:07 AM
Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure I can feel a little movement everyday, but most of it I'm still unsure, or I'm moving around and I can't really tell. A few days ago I was sitting at the computer and I would feel this kind of roll every 20 or 30 seconds in the same spot, I went and laid down and could feel it through my fingers too, and it went on for about 20 minutes, I was pretty positive about that one!
January 21st, 2013, 12:11 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
It's not super important to know but it can muffle the babies movements if its anterior or directly in the front of the uterus.

January 22nd, 2013, 06:43 AM
Rochelle
I finally started feeling for sure baby Sunday at almost 19 weeks. I knew the lil bugger would wait until right before ym next appointment which was yesterday, LOL. But I'm so happy about it. I felt a lot yesterday and have already felt some today. Have no idea where placenta is nor will I since we're not getting anymore u/s's done.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search