MOTW-Day 1

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By enchantingdragon
  • 1 Post By enchantingdragon
  • 1 Post By enchantingdragon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2013, 05:21 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi so sorry this is late the holiday threw me off as I thought I was still in the weekend!

OK so hi Im Jasmine. Im 31. Im an only child, a Libra, and my parents are from Taiwan but I was born here in NJ where I still live.

I had a typical childhood I guess, being an only child was lonely and my mom is terrified of animals so no pets for me. My parents raised me like typical Asian parents do so needless to say it wasnt always fun and I needed therapy to get through some of it I went to Rutgers University and majored in Communications with a minor in Economics. I met my DH Paul there (more tomorrow I guess about this). We have been married since Aug 06 and in June 10 we welcomed our darling son Drake Jonathan who is now 2 1/2. To make up for my lack of pets as a child as Im a huge animal lover I now am the fur mama of Griffin, Hunter, and Dexter (all cats) as well as Ellie & Aidan (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels) They all pre-date Drake heehee

In my spare time I like shopping (obsessed with chidlren's clothes right now), reading (Wuthering Heights is my favorite book but I read a range from Harry Potter to historical fiction to some classics), and photography (got bit by the bug after Drake was born). I also like to do some crafts (I crocheted a lot for Drake but got out of it after he was born) and am slightly addicted to Pinterest as of late.

I have ADHD which has effected a lot of my life from childhood to adulthood. I work as a nanny right now locally because office jobs are the death of me due to my ADHD. Paul is a teacher and sometimes I think I missed my calling there as I love working with kids and everyday changes with them which is what I need in a work environment. I am thinking of maybe going back to get a teaching certificate in a few years.

Ok and now for the fun part I guess, pictures!!!

This is Paul and me on our wedding day

[IMG][/IMG]

My favorite wedding image

My girls and me

This is Griffin and Hunter (they are littermates)

Ellie and Aidan (not littermates)

And Dexter who is like a 3rd dog with Aidan

My father passed away this year on my 31st birthday. While we had a rocky relationship at times we also had a good one in my later years and Im still dealing with the aftermath I feel in many ways of his departure. I couldnt not share this photo from my wedding as its one of the few ones we have together (my parents separated when I was in college and my father moved back to Taiwan with his family)

And then of course there is Drakey. I told you I got into photography because of him so lots of photos

Brand new

One month old

I won a local photo contest with this one

First and only snow since at 6 months old

Just before a year

We went on a cruise right after his 1st birthday with my husband's family

This was one of the formal night dinners

First time touching the ocean (Carribean)

And a few recent ones I like

Thanks for looking!
navywifey2003, Gen88 and MamaSkunk like this.
January 21st, 2013, 05:37 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Loved your pictures! Your dogs and Drake are beautiful!! I think I need a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel!
January 21st, 2013, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful2BMommy View Post
Loved your pictures! Your dogs and Drake are beautiful!! I think I need a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel!

You do, they are the sweetest best family dogs and dogs in general. Once upon a time I was into showing them as well and know a lot about the breed and traveled to shows and stuff and really Ive never met a bad one yet!
Hopeful2BMommy likes this.
January 21st, 2013, 05:46 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I loved all your pictures! So beautiful!

January 21st, 2013, 07:18 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I loved all the pics! Drake is super cute!!! (Gosh all those pics made me excited for my lil guy) And your kitties are adorable! And the pic of you and your dad was very sweet.

January 21st, 2013, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing!

January 22nd, 2013, 05:28 PM
Day 2 Love Story

Paul and I met in college our freshman year. We lived in the same building, me on the 6th floor he on the 8th. It was through a hurricane and mutual friends that we met (Hurricane Ian I think it was or Ivan blew in and flooded our area so everyone was stuck over the weekend. They were warning people about water contamination and so I wandered down a floor to see if anyone down there had took a shower yet and met a new friend named Emily (she was one of my bridesmaids) We became friends and she was friend's with Paul's roomate from high school so they became friends and I tagged along one day when she went to visit them and thus we met) We were always close in college but never dated. We might have had feelings for one another through the years but whenever one of us was single the other was dating someone else (we did the math and we were both single for 2 weeks our sophomore year thats it) At one he even dated my roomate whom I'm still close with as is he (she was one of my bridesmaids too) When we graduated we had a senior week where we got to do all kinds of cool activities during the day and just hang out and relax in the evenings in the doors with no worries about classes and grades. We have a bunch of friends from college that we are close with and all hang out together as a group so it was a lot of fun. I was at the end of a relationship with a guy I thought was the one and one night when we were hanging out Paul had a little too much to drink ad let it slip out he liked me oops. After I sorted stuff out with my boyfriend at the time Paul and I started dating about 3 months after that night and we have been together now for almost 10 years and married almost 7.

Paul and I complement each other in many ways, Im a spender he is a saver, Im childlike and carefree he is practical and down to Earth. We share similarities in all the big key points, marriage and family (we both wanted to settle down young and start a family), religion (we are both Christian), and politics (very Liberal leanings)

Paul is a die hard generational NY Rangers fan, loves computers (tinkering and games), is quite handy which has come along great as he fixed up our condo before and now our new home and is a physics nerd (think Big Bang Theory he gets all the jokes as he is a physics teacher).

Together we share a love of animals, USA network TV shows, Harry Potter, and photography...and Drake too!

Ok some pictures since no one wants to read my rambles

A few more from our wedding day

A few of us pre-Drakey

And my 2 favorite boys

And i guess this is funny and different. Paul proposed over a dinner he made of my favorite things to eat. Both of us have a love of seafood and smoked salmon is high on our list (I told Paul after I gave birth the first time I wanted a Coke and lox. I had Drake at 4:20 AM and for 11 AM breakfast Paul got me lox ) He had everything set up under little domes on the table and the last course was this

How could I say no
navywifey2003 likes this.

Last edited by enchantingdragon; January 22nd, 2013 at 05:58 PM.
January 22nd, 2013, 06:06 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I love your love story! It's amazing how life brings you together! Your wedding looks absolutely beautiful!

January 22nd, 2013, 06:20 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww so sweet

January 23rd, 2013, 05:55 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
what a great post!! thanks for posting!

I love those dogs, a lady I know has one. He is wonderful!

Drake is a doll, all his hair!!

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 23rd, 2013, 08:35 AM
Super Mommy
Love your story! Your boy is so darlin'!!
January 23rd, 2013, 03:40 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love the story and all your beautiful pictures! Drake is adorable

January 23rd, 2013, 04:14 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Such a great love story!

January 23rd, 2013, 06:00 PM
Day 3 - Motherhood

Would you believe that I had an entire thing typed out complete with photos and I hit delete by accident and now its all gone!!!!

Im too tired sadly to type it all again but here is a condensed version

As you all know by now I have no little boy named Drakey. He is the sunshine of my life and I adore him. We had a rough start with breastfeeding (undetected tongue tie) and sleeping (he didnt sleep through the night till 11 1/2 months) but somehow or another he found his way into our lives and hearts and we couldnt feel more blessed

Drake is 2 1/2 now and will be 3 when this baby arrives. He is a sweet boy who loves coloring, reading, dancing, and playing with Duplos. He has an obsession with letters and now not only can he recognize all of them and line them up in alphabetical order he is starting to try to write them and spell out basic 3 letter words (he can do cow, owl, cat, dog, and tiger so far) He is a huge fan of books which his mommy loves since she is an avid reader. He use to love watching Baby Einstein shows but now has moved on to Dora, Diego, Kai Lan, and Umizoomi. Bathtime is his favorite and nap time his least favorite. He loves painting in art class, running around at the park, and building his Duplos. Paul and I are loving every moment on this grand adventure together

Here are some photos

January 23rd, 2013, 07:23 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to teach preschool, and that is amazing that he is doing all of that with letters!!!
January 24th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Day 4- Q&A

I dont know what Im suppose to do with this? Just wait for questions?
January 24th, 2013, 12:03 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow he is impressive with his letters! I have a 4 yr old but she is no where near spelling He is adorable!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search