My appointment (ugh and yay)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2013, 06:46 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
So I FINALLY had my first appointment with the new doctor yesterday. It's been since week 12 that I've been because of the change in insurance and moving, etc. So for my first appointment, I didn't meet with my actual doctor (who is very supportive of VBACs), but instead met with a midwife in the practice, who is not so much supportive.

So anyway, she gave me "ultimatums" in order to have my VBAC. They will not induce me, they will not attempt to change baby's position if they are sunny side up, etc, and I have to go into labor before 41 weeks, or they will push another c/s. Luckily, I've been talking with my ICAN ladies and they said that my actual doctor is not so strict, and it's on a case by case basis, but she has done external versions and tried to flip baby, etc. I'm hoping that I won't have to just stop going to appointments at 41 weeks and just pray that baby decides to come on their own.

My concern is that Connor was going on a week late when we decided to induce, because my BP shot up in the last few weeks of pregnancy. And he was also sunny side up....which I'm hoping is why he got stuck and I ended up in a c/s. But time will tell and I guess we'll see what happens.

The good news is that they squeezed me in on Thursday for an ultrasound!! Yippee!! Hoping baby decides to show us the goods, I can't wait to find out what I'm having!!! If we don't find out on Thursday, then I'll schedule a 3D ultrasound next month. I hate waiting!!

January 22nd, 2013, 07:18 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You'd think that midwives would be MORE supportive of VBAC than doctors. Odd.

But I'm glad you get your ultrasound soon! It's so exciting, isn't it?

January 22nd, 2013, 07:23 AM
Rochelle
GL on your VBAC! And yay for an u/s this week.

ICAN is great. Are you getting a doula?

I had two VBACs that didn't work out and I still feel that with more cooperative people involved things may have gone a different direction. So I really hope you can get some good support. Do you go to your local ICAN meetings?

Where are you moving to in FL? If you're moving to the Tallahassee area, I can get you in contact with the ICAN leader here. I've been talking to her about my natural c/s.

((HUGS)) I know how frustrating this is firsthand. ugh!
January 22nd, 2013, 08:08 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Sounds more like a medwife than a midwife but it sounds like he doctor will be more supportive. I hope you are able to find out babies gender and its smooth sailing to your vbac!
4hearts and bribugg13 like this.

January 22nd, 2013, 01:27 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I'm actually in Jacksonville, it's the ICAN group of North Florida that I've been talking to on their facebook group. I'm going to their playgroup meetup tomorrow for the first time! Since I'm still traveling back and forth between NC and FL, it will be hard to make their meetings until I'm down here permanently.

I've thought about a doula. I had one with Connor and it wasn't the best experience. She wasn't fully certified, which we knew and did for the discounted fee...but on top of that she was also pregnant!! So every time we had some big decision to make during labor, she wasn't there (our own fault, we sent her home for rest, she was also sick while pregnant when I was in labor, ugh!)

So I'm debating this time around whether I want to spend the money again or not. I know what I want and I know I will fight for it, so I guess I'm just not sure what more the doula could offer me this time around. But we'll see!!

Thanks for the support, Rochelle! We'll be in Tallahassee a lot next college football season! LOL Dh is a huge Florida State fan and plans on going to a lot of games!

January 22nd, 2013, 05:23 PM
Rochelle
I too had a bad experience with a doula. She was for my first VBAC and we didn't get her until the end. She had a huge attitude at the birth and actually stormed out when DH became openly agitated with her. She seemed more interested in gossiping with the L&D nurses than with helping me. We just didn't click also. Up here they had this doula speed date event so you can meet all available doulas in a short time to get a feel for them. We're not getting one but I thought that was neat.

Mom and her whole fam loooves FSU. She got her teaching degree there and her brothers went there as well. But my dad, me and my DH alll dislike sports immensely, LOL. Figures, huh?

Hope you have a good time at the playgroup meeting tomorrow. Let me know how it goes

ETA: Coincidentally I have a friend from here who's getting a divorce and is living in Asheboro, NC with her soon to be ex-DH. She's moving back down here next weekend after living there for 4 yrs or so. I always think of that when I see you talk about moving from NC to FL.

Also, we went to Jacksonville and St. Augustine for our honeymoon 9 yrs ago.

Last edited by 4hearts; January 22nd, 2013 at 05:28 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search