Birth control

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2013, 02:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Condoms. I'm one of the unlucky ones who is fertile immediately after giving birth. My period comes back within 2 weeks of my PP bleeding stopping and is like clockwork. We're totally done, but DH refuses the big V and I refuse any surgery. I might get on the pill when baby is done nursing, but I don't even like the idea of the minipill while nursing.
January 22nd, 2013, 02:18 PM
Veteran
I have thought about iud, the pill. But, if I do breastfeed I know that limits my options.

January 22nd, 2013, 02:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
None. Not sure if we are done yet or not. We do the pull out method and if I get pregnant then it was meant to be

January 22nd, 2013, 02:47 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I found out after DD that I can't have an IUD. My uterine wall is not thick enough and the risk of perforation was too high. Originally, DH was going to have a vasectomy after this one, but he's decided he wants 3 kids. I'm a big no on this, but I figure, to be fair, I will wait a few yrs before making him get snipped. Since I will be BFing, we will just use condoms. After BFing, I will go back on the pill. Actually, going back on the pill was the only thing that helped me dry up when I was trying to quit the pumping. I do well with the pill, although the year I was on the patch was the best BC I ever had. Wish they could come out with a less risky version of that. It rocked.

January 22nd, 2013, 02:49 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
Probably going to get my tubes tied. Still not sure though.
January 22nd, 2013, 02:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Dh is getting the "V" unless I deliver via C. C = tubal.

January 22nd, 2013, 03:21 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
None I wont use bc,i let god decide how many more if any more kids we have. I dont ever recomend anyone get a tubal. I got one and it was the worse thing I could of ever done. My periods was so painful and heavy bleeding to the point I couldnt work when it was that time of the month not to mention the mental changes it caused. After I had my reversal done with in a few months I felt totaly normal.

Last edited by Mrs_lynn.c; January 22nd, 2013 at 03:24 PM.
January 22nd, 2013, 03:26 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Condoms for at least a year until we decide if we want more kids and then DH will get a vasectomy. The pill makes me bat s*** crazy, so I avoid all forms of hormonal birth control. I am wary of the paraguard. We are crazy fertile together, so pull and pray would most definitely result in a baby. So yeah, condoms it is.
January 22nd, 2013, 03:43 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Probably just do the minipill again since it's compatible with BF. Plus it keeps your period away until you stop taking it. I know some women who get theirs back after 4 or 5 months of EBF, but some not for much longer. Who knows when mine would have come back had I not been on the pill. But I only had 1 period after my son was born when he was 14 months old (stopped the pill when he turned 12 months but continued to BF for almost 3 more months). Then bam, preggo.

January 22nd, 2013, 03:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No surprise here but we won't be using any. We want a suprise to happen and if it ever does the timing doesn't matter.
MamaSkunk likes this.
January 23rd, 2013, 12:44 PM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
I got pregnant on the bc shot with my daughter. And I had an eptopic with my Mirena after having it for almost four years. I know I won't be having any more children. If we want more we will be fostering or adopting... but still hesitant about doing anything permanent and now I'm terrified of BC.
January 23rd, 2013, 01:50 PM
Veteran
I will be having a tubal as this is my fourth cesarean and I know my body is done. I don't want to have to have a fifth surgery. However I have always wanted more children and we have already talked about adoption and possibly fostering at some point!

January 23rd, 2013, 02:18 PM
Super Mommy
I had the Paragard and I liked it for the most part. My periods were really heavy for the first few months, but they weren't too bad after it was in there for a while. DH is sure that we're done after this LO, but I don't want to make any permanent decisions because we're so young (I'll be 25 in Sept. and DH will be 27 next month) I'd like to have another after this one. But if I get pre-eclampsia this time around and it's worse than my first two pregnancies, it'd probably be best to stop at 3. I'm not a fan of the pill, not from any personal experience though. We're so fertile, I'll have to figure out something non-permanent. I don't really want the Paragard again, but it was really convenient.
January 23rd, 2013, 03:33 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be doing Mirena or Paragard. I don't know for sure yet, I want a chance to take to my doctor about it some more!

February 25th, 2013, 02:55 AM
no sex

EDD:02/06/2015

February 25th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Paraguard for sure, go it after ds was born and had it for over 4 years, never had a problem with it and worked great so will be getting one after this baby as well

February 25th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
None. I told dh I may want 1 more...weird bc before he wanted 1 more & I didn't and now it has flip flopped. Dh does not want anymore kids coming from the man who use to want 5 or 6!

February 25th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I was not aware that options were limited with BF. So thankful I have you ladies! I'm not sure what type of BC we will do. Pretty sure this is our last. Sad to think that tho!
February 25th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Veteran
I have no idea what I want to do yet. I plan on BF and then pumping when i go back to work so I know my options are limited. My midwife did say that the Nuvaring was ok to use, I just have to make sure I've established BF first. I'm also thinking about maybe the mini pill...but i absolutely HATE pills. I've had so many problems with so many of them. I refuse to do the shot, and too many of my friends have had issues with the Mirena/IUD that it's scared me away from choosing that. ha. My boyfriend and I want more kids in the future...but not for a few years at least...and we both hate condoms so I def want to get on something as soon as i can cause it didn't take us long to get pregnant with this LO. lol

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 25th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I am getting my tubes tied after my c-section so just condoms until we get the all clear from the OB to stop using them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search