Birth control

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2013, 08:37 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Have you thought about what type of BC you will use after baby?

January 22nd, 2013, 08:40 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
the big V
Steph625 likes this.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 22nd, 2013, 08:44 AM
Regular
I've thought about it but really not sure.......I have not been on the pill in probably 8 years.
January 22nd, 2013, 08:46 AM
I'm either going with the para guard or the mini pill and condoms. I have 2 just condom babies so I need something else.

January 22nd, 2013, 08:46 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
None.

January 22nd, 2013, 09:12 AM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Possibly mini pill. Though I may just rely on EBFing keeping my cycle away. It did for 13 months with Miles and I'm hoping it will do the same this time around. I was going to do a tubal during my c-section but have since changed my mind. Not ready for that level of permanency yet.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

January 22nd, 2013, 09:12 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure...I'm feeling pretty unsure and conflicted about all that. We're 90% sure we're not having any more kids, but even so I'm not sure I want to do something permanent. I had the Mirena IUD after DD was born and I HATED it. I always felt like it was poking me, I never stopped spotting for the 6 months that it was in, and then it fell out before I'd even finished paying for it. The pill and I don't get along...my hormones are so out of whack, it makes my depression really, really bad around the time of my period. Like, to the point of having breakdowns, quitting jobs, ending friendships, because I literally turn into a crazy person the week before my period when I'm on the pill. And DH hates condoms. We've pretty much used the pull-and-pray method for most of our relationship.

Any suggestions?

January 22nd, 2013, 09:17 AM
Super Mommy
i'm not sure yet either. this is our second child and we both agree 2 is a good number for us. i never went on b/c between these children but if we are done then i prbably will need to. i used to be on yaz and i HATED it. so i know i will definitely not go back on that. my obgyn had mentioned a pill after i had my son that actually helped w/ milk production but i knew we would start ttc in a few months so didnt bother with it. i'll ask more about it after this one though. otherwise it'll just be condoms.
January 22nd, 2013, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure I'm just going to go back on the pill.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 22nd, 2013, 09:44 AM
I just want to put out an FYI on this. There are only a few methods that are compatible with breastfeeding. So when researching your options keep that in mind if you plan on nursing.

January 22nd, 2013, 09:55 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
DH and I being on completely different schedules ...

But seriously, we've talked and even though this is 99% likely our last, I'm nervous to do anything too permanent. Hormonal BC messes with me, so we've been using condoms for the last few years, and that's probably what we'll go back to until I get brave enough, or tired enough, to commit to something like a tubal or V for DH.
January 22nd, 2013, 09:55 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I'm sure this will come as a huge shock to you all, but we do not use birth control.

Breastfeeding usually gives me 18 months to nearly two years of infertility post-partum. When my cycles finally do return, we will either NTNP or use Natural Family Planning, depending on what we decide is best at that time.
edgeofelise and 4hearts like this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 22nd, 2013, 10:04 AM
Rochelle
Natural family planning and charting to avoid
jhmomofmany likes this.
January 22nd, 2013, 10:46 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I won't use anything for the first year because I had problems with milk supply with DD. I'm conflicted about what I want. I've been on the pill (got pregnant on it), Nuva Ring, Paraguard. I hated nuva ring and with paraguard I bled constantly and VERY heavy for 6 months.This is our last baby so I *really* want DH to get snipped. I'll be 26 in a couple of weeks but my doctor won't tie my tubes. Says I may change my mind etc etc. but i'm positive I only want two children. I might give mirena try but i'm not sure yet

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 22nd, 2013, 10:48 AM
Veteran
None. We don't believe in BC. God decides what children we have.
January 22nd, 2013, 10:50 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
I'm having a tubal. Health wise it's the best option for us.

January 22nd, 2013, 11:26 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgankaedenmadisonsmommy View Post
I'm having a tubal. Health wise it's the best option for us.
Me too. If I end up being able to deliver vaginally, then I'll make an appointment later on for it, but if I have a c/s, I'll have it done right then.

January 22nd, 2013, 12:13 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We want at least one more so we will not be doing anything. It took over 2 1/2 years to get pregnant this time around so I am actually not doing anything at all to prevent. If it happens at 6 weeks 1 day it happens at 6 weeks. I mean if I can wait that long. LOL I am probably have a c-section again and did not understand the need for me to wait at all since I felt completely normal after about 2 weeks. Just itchy where my staples were. We'll see how it all plays out. I'd love a surprise baby but we will not go back to the fertility doctor until this one is close to a year.

January 22nd, 2013, 12:21 PM
NoahandLola's Mommy
My husband will have a vasectomy!

January 22nd, 2013, 01:42 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
At the moment, I'm going with none! I had an IUD put in a few weeks after Connor was born and LOVED IT. So when I'm ready to back on BC, I'll do the IUD again. Because I'll be EBF'ing, I'm limited in my options. However, we may want to try for a 3rd soon after this baby, so that's why I'm not sure yet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search