Baby items

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2013, 09:50 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Have you bought anything yet? Any big ticket items purchased?

January 22nd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Regular
After we found out that we were having a boy yesterday, I bought a sleeper and socks...but that's the only thing I've bought so far!

January 22nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just bought my diaper bag (I'm super picky, so I wanted to make sure I got one I liked, and not one someone else picked up for me), and I have a couple onesies that I bought. No big ticket items, my mom told me to register for those. We are getting handed down a crib, a swing, and a changing table, but we don't have those in our possession yet.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 22nd, 2013, 10:34 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
nope not yet

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 22nd, 2013, 10:51 AM
Rochelle
DH has purchased two things. The first is a hand-casting kit. The second he got yesterday from a coin-store. He got all the kids a silver coin of some sort. I think they were $15-$20 a piece. He's real into coin collecting and precious metals. I was shocked when he said "And this one is for the new baby". I was like "Awwwwww". Just thought that was very sweet and cute of him.
January 22nd, 2013, 11:33 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not yet. We have all the big stuff we need. We are hitting up the BRU trade in event this weekend for our stroller. After that, we really just need clothes and diapers. I have tons of clothes from my daughter but it is all size 18mo or bigger.

January 22nd, 2013, 11:45 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
The only thing I've bought so far are leg warmers.

January 22nd, 2013, 11:48 AM
Veteran
Nothing at all, yet!
January 22nd, 2013, 12:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We already have an arm's reach cosleeper, pack n play, bouncer chair thing, car seat, ergo, ring sling, woven wrap, boba, 30 nb and 36 small prefolds, 6 small flats, a bunch of covers, cloth wipes and changing pads, and blankets and clothes. I have to sort through and figure out what is too girly out of our clothes and blankets and maybe get more. And I might get a shower sling (since I don't have enough baby carriers ) and I will probably not resist the siren song of boyish diaper covers for long!! Lol

January 22nd, 2013, 12:23 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haven't bought anything yet, but actually scored the swing we were planning on for free from one of my best friends. It's the exact swing I wanted, I just never realized it until today. Yay!!!
navywifey2003 and Mrs_lynn.c like this.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 22nd, 2013, 01:05 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have only purchased a few cute outfits. We still have a ton of clothes from Gabe and everything else so we don't need much. He did use his crib as his own personal teether so we need a new one of those!

So the crib and cloth diapers are still on the list, but they will have to wait for tax return money!

January 22nd, 2013, 01:26 PM
We don't need many big ticket items. But we need clothes. I have bought 2 outfits that her big sister picked out. I'm getting a hop-tie carrier that is similar to a wrap conversion carrier but for the price of a ssc! I am so excited. I have wanted a wrap conversion for awhile but could not justify the expense but hubby said to add it to the with taxes list! So yay!

January 22nd, 2013, 02:10 PM
Super Mommy
I just got one Thirsties cover in the mail yesterday, I have to buy all new supplies for cloth diapers, so I figured little by little until tax return time. It has little owls on it, so cute!
January 22nd, 2013, 02:36 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing. We started our registry today. I'll probably wait for big items until after our shower (except the furniture). Hopefully, our families will spoil us.
January 22nd, 2013, 03:17 PM
Veteran
We have not bought a thing, the only thing the baby has right now is a bib from disney world. We are going this weekend to registry, and look at big items.

January 22nd, 2013, 03:51 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
We've bought some outfits, gender neutral of course
January 22nd, 2013, 03:52 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We bought a B-Ready, Chaperone car seat, and several B-Ready accessories since we knew we would need a double and we gave away DD's car seat and stroller last year. Other than that, I have only bought a couple of new onesies and one outfit. I need to go through DD's clothes to see what we have and what we will need. That, and furniture purchases, will wait until after the move at the end of March.

January 22nd, 2013, 04:09 PM
Got a hand me down car seat, crib, diaper genie, changing table, playard, high chair, swing, swaddle blankets. Just ordered a glider (biggest purchase so far!) and a stroller =)
January 22nd, 2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alj715 View Post
Got a hand me down car seat, crib, diaper genie, changing table, playard, high chair, swing, swaddle blankets. Just ordered a glider (biggest purchase so far!) and a stroller =)
Please make sure the car seat is not expired and verify it has not been in an accident before using a second hand car seat.
TeresaV likes this.

January 22nd, 2013, 04:48 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
We have nothing yet,i got rid of all of dd big things like car seat crib play pen swing walker. WOW!!! We have alot to get and probly not having a baby shower.We have picked out and agreed upon all the big things so just waitig on taxes to come in.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search