Meet the baby party

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2013, 08:52 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Do you plan on having a baby meet and greet after the baby is born?

January 22nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

January 22nd, 2013, 08:59 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope. The last thing I want is a ton of people overwhelming me at our house after the babys born. Immediate family can come meet baby after the birth while Im still on the after delivery high. And then I want everyone to leave us alone for a week.

January 22nd, 2013, 09:05 AM
We plan on having one probably about a month or so after. Or we might just wait until Everett's 2nd birthday party

January 22nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't even know. It all depends on a million factors, mostly the where we're going to be living part. I know my parents and I think one of my sisters are coming out after the baby is born. But we have to move by June 30. So I guess if we stay in town we might have people over after we get settled, but if we move out of state, then no, because we won't know anyone to have over

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 22nd, 2013, 10:15 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Possibly. We've talked about doing a picnic for the 4th, depending on when baby actually comes.
dmreed32 likes this.
January 22nd, 2013, 10:48 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
Yes!

January 22nd, 2013, 10:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We wanted to with M when she was a couple months old, but then DH got a job across the country so we were suddenly overwhelmed in preparing for that and never did a party. I would like to do one with this baby but it will probably be pretty low key.

January 22nd, 2013, 10:57 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
For two weeks after the birth no one is allowed in my house unless they are 1) bringing food, 2) helping with DD haha when DD was born it was December 14th so we did have some people over for Christmas but they just ordered us chinese food. I'm usually a quiet laid back person but when i'm firm about something I make it very clear. We won't have any kind of meet and greet. People can start stopping by once things calm down. Both sets of grandparents will just see baby in the hospital and then step back for awhile
edgeofelise likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 22nd, 2013, 11:33 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I have never done that before... sounds interesting. i don't know if i would like that or not???

January 22nd, 2013, 11:40 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Probably won't here. I will be recovering from a c-section and I am sure I will be looking like crap as well as my house so I am pretty sure I will be in hibernation lol. But I guess we will see how I am feeling!

I do love going to other people's meet the baby parties though And we are having babies at a time of year that sickness is low so that is nice!

January 22nd, 2013, 12:37 PM
The reason we want to is our whole family is 4 1/2 hours away or more. The only people that would make the drive are my parents. So if we waited until she was a month or added it to Everett's birthday party we have those at my parents house.

January 22nd, 2013, 12:50 PM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure we won't b/c I am not big on parties and we don't live near any family!

January 22nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
We plan on having one probably about a month or so after. Or we might just wait until Everett's 2nd birthday party

Yea, we'll probably do something like this too. DS and DD2's bdays are late August so baby will be "prettier" by then (yea, I said it!) And after recovering for a c/s, that will be the first time I'll want to deal with ppl socially. So, may just have a big bday/meet baby event then. Maybe not. We'll just wait and see come August what's feasible.
January 22nd, 2013, 12:52 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sort of - we are catholic so everyone will be able to meet the baby at his/her baptism. Our church has one baptism weekend a month so DS was almost 3 months old before we found a weekend that fit our schedule so not sure exactly when this one will be baptized but everyone can meet them then. =)

January 22nd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4hearts View Post
Yea, we'll probably do something like this too. DS and DD2's bdays are late August so baby will be "prettier" by then (yea, I said it!) And after recovering for a c/s, that will be the first time I'll want to deal with ppl socially. So, may just have a big bday/meet baby event then. Maybe not. We'll just wait and see come August what's feasible.
Everett is a late August baby too.
4hearts likes this.

January 22nd, 2013, 01:31 PM
Veteran
I was supposed to have a meet the baby party for my daughter and for that reason nixed the baby shower only for me not even to get a meet the baby party :/ so I am thinking baby shower this time and somehow incorporating my daughter cause I feel cheated about that for her....
January 22nd, 2013, 04:10 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, I'd rather put a "Leave us the h**l alone" sign on the door. I know my inlaws are going to be a royal PITA, as they live 3 streets over from us. I'm dreading it already.
MamaSkunk likes this.

January 22nd, 2013, 04:37 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think we'll have a party for her until after she is dedicated at church (probably at a month old or so). Everyone will probably have met her already. My family is all nearby and will likely come to the hospital. DH's mom will probably fly for the birth like she did with DD (altho I will NOT see her until after the baby is born, I almost killed her when I was in labor with DD). I am not exactly a social butterfly. I just have a few really close friends that I've known forever and stick mainly to that crew. I'm sure they will all either stop by the hospital or come by the house in the first few weeks. I would love to have people visit a couple at a time, rather than all at once. I do love to have groups of people over, but I don't think I will have the energy to do things up the way I like to before the dedication.
MamaSkunk likes this.

January 22nd, 2013, 05:22 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope nope nope. I was soooooooo overwhelmed last time with my mom in town and then DH's entire family came over in one day and they were just passing her around in a circle. I had to take her back into the bedroom several times to nurse her and calm her down because it was overwhelming for her, too. This time I've even asked my out-of-town family to come visit one at a time, a few weeks after the birth when DH goes back to work and I'll need help. His family, who lives here, can come visit in pairs but I won't have everybody crammed into this tiny apartment at one time again. They're welcome to take DD out to do stuff so DH and I can rest, too. Our friends know to stay away for a few days and then they can visit if they bring food and don't stay long.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search