Diaper bags

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2013, 01:20 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
What kind of diaper bag are you looking for?
Do you have the one in mind that you want?
Linky?

January 22nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have my heart set on a Petunia Pickle Bottom. They're crazy expensive, but I think I'm going to have to get it.

Petunia Pickle Bottom® Classically Crete Boxy Backpack*-*buybuy BABY

What's your thoughts on it?
AKlobnak likes this.
January 22nd, 2013, 01:36 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I'm slightly diaper bag obsessed, I love them lol. I've had about 5-6 with Connor. My skip hop I hated at first, then I grew to really like it. It's the Duo in ocean stripe (blue and green stripes, looks like they don't have that pattern any longer).

I have one from Carter's (sort of like a duffel bag), I've used a few different tote-type bags....and now I'm using a Vera Bradley Backpack as one. I'd love the actual Vera diaper bag next! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful2BMommy View Post
I have my heart set on a Petunia Pickle Bottom. They're crazy expensive, but I think I'm going to have to get it.

Petunia Pickle Bottom® Classically Crete Boxy Backpack*-*buybuy BABY

What's your thoughts on it?

I definitely recommend finding one in a local store or boutique to look at them in person. I think Macy's carried them (back when I was pregnant with Connor). I found that after seeing them in person, I wasn't crazy about certain types of bags or styles. One of the things I didn't like about my skip hop at first was that it was too stiff and I couldn't stuff as much into it, it didn't "give" as much as I'd like it to and it was short on zippered areas. It's the little things that you may find you love or hate....but then again you may not realize it until after you start using it!!

Oh and I remember what it was about the PP bag, they close with a magnetic clasp. Which seemed cool, but if you stuff the bag too much, it won't stay closed
Hopeful2BMommy likes this.

January 22nd, 2013, 01:39 PM
Amy- watch babysteals.com those come on there frequently but they sell out fast.

I love jujubes. I have 2. One is a smaller backpack and the other is a bigger one I got when I was pregnant with Everett. The backpack one I scored on babysteals and the larger one I got on consignment. I don't think I need a new one. Although I have the itch to buy one. Hehe

January 22nd, 2013, 01:46 PM
Lyndsey, I've looked at those too. I like them.

We are going to buybuybaby this weekend so I can look at the bags.
January 22nd, 2013, 01:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will look again for a cute tote with lots of pockets at Marshalls/tj maxx like last time. I spend $30 or $35 and it was better than any diaper bag I found! Or I may use the same if it washes up good.
bribugg13 likes this.

January 22nd, 2013, 01:59 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy crap thats expensive for a diaper bag. And I was thinking 60 bucks was bad for a Baby Phat diaper bag. I dont think I could spend that much on a diaper bag Amy especially for something that is gonna have stuff spilled in it possibly or even dirty baby clothes with everything from spitup to poo if theres an accident. This is one of the traditional things new moms often overspend on.

January 22nd, 2013, 02:04 PM
Karry, haha, I totally understand. It is expensive! But, I want it!
January 22nd, 2013, 02:06 PM
I have learned from experience you get what you pay for. This is one of those items for me. I went through 3 before getting my backpack jujube. And I got it for what I paid for my cheaper ones. All my zippers broke and the bottom ripped out of others. I got my large jujube brand new on consignment for 60.

January 22nd, 2013, 02:12 PM
Veteran
I am going to buy myself a Vera Bradley diaper bag for my birthday. I have two patterns picked out depending on baby's sex.

If the baby is a girl.
Messenger Baby Bag | Vera Bradley

If the baby is a boy.
Messenger Baby Bag | Vera Bradley

January 22nd, 2013, 02:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a JJ Cole tote that I love. It's got 2 pockets on the side on the outside for holding water bottles (for my older kids) and plenty of space inside with more pockets and zippered pockets on the outside. And it zips up completely on the main compartment. What I like most about it is that I can wear it crossbody. I find that's the easiest way to carry a diaper bag while babywearing. I got mine on one of those deal websites and when the binding starting coming apart after a year, they replaced it for free!

Mode Tote Bag | JJ Cole Collections
navywifey2003 likes this.
January 22nd, 2013, 02:48 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Probably something like this: CARSON // LemonChiffon // 032 // Luckycann // by luckycann on Etsy

Gender neutral, so DH won't pout if he has to carry it somewhere, and when we are done with it as a diaper bag I can keep using it.
January 22nd, 2013, 03:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just went out and bought mine today! I got it from target, and it's a Graco one. It has TONS of pockets, which is what I wanted. And it was cheaper in the store, I think I only paid $30 for it. Plus it matches the pack and play we picked out, and it's in the colors we're doing the nursery. And it's not too girly, and DH said he would totally be comfortable carrying it around.

Graco Scribbles Tote : Target

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 22nd, 2013, 03:16 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I have this one:
Skip Hop : Studio diaper tote
It's okay. I had a cheap one from Babies R Us when Lily was born that I loved. There was nothing spectacular about it, but it held all my stuff and didn't look too baby like. Then the strap broke and since then I've never found one I really like
January 22nd, 2013, 03:32 PM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
I dont do diaper bags cause my purse is big enough to fit half my house in it lol
Steph625 likes this.
January 22nd, 2013, 03:49 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is the one I want

Baby Phat Diaper Bag in Black and Gold with Changing Pad New | eBay

January 22nd, 2013, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My mom got me a Coach diaper bag for Christmas. We found it at the outlet. It was 50% off and then another 40%off so we got a really good deal. It's a really pretty red and will be easy to clean. I will use it as a tote after baby. I love it!

January 22nd, 2013, 06:38 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I splurged on this with my Christmas bonus when I was pregnant with DD.

Gracen :: born out of necessity

I have it in camel and the color is beautiful. The quality of leather is amazing. They are also a small business made in the USA. If you mark on your order that it's a diaper bag, it comes with a really nice changing pad. I got so many compliments on my cute purse. And it can be a purse when I don't need a diaper bag anymore. The clip is nice bc it goes over the stroller handle without the mommy clip. So happy with it and have no plans to buy another. Just looked and they are having a major sale. I paid full price. Toying with the idea of buying a second one in a different color...

Last edited by MarylandMama; January 22nd, 2013 at 06:44 PM.
January 22nd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjh12 View Post
Probably something like this: CARSON // LemonChiffon // 032 // Luckycann // by luckycann on Etsy

Gender neutral, so DH won't pout if he has to carry it somewhere, and when we are done with it as a diaper bag I can keep using it.
I LOVE this!!
rcjh12 likes this.

January 22nd, 2013, 06:46 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is the one I'm getting.. I can't wait. It matches everything else we're getting.

Target Mobile Site - Graco Meadow Menagerie Diaper Bag
4hearts likes this.

#1, 4, 5, 7

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search