Babywearing

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2013, 04:07 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
For me, it just takes a little practice breastfeeding in any carrier. Once you figure it out, it will be easy no matter what carrier you end up with
January 24th, 2013, 06:56 AM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ergo is great when they get bigger. I tried everything with ds and plan to get a moby wrap and maya rng sling for the newborn stage. Once they can comfortably stretch their legs in the ergo its awesome. I wear my 9 month old now in it while pregnant and its great!
January 24th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just think the Ergo is ugly. LOL! And it doesn't last as long as some of the other carriers do, but I don't know how long you plan to wear your baby. The Tula has a nicely sized body and you can buy leg extenders so when your toddler gets too big for the body (you want them supported knee to knee), you can just spend a few bucks and extend the body. The Boba is also good for that because they have the stirrups for the feet so that'll keep the knees above the butt (which is the sign of a good seat). Babyhawk, mostly known for their mei tais, also has a buckle carrier now and they have a lot of cute prints. I'm part of a babywearing group here in my area that has a lending library. We do playdates an people can try on a bunch of different carriers or get help with their wraps or ring slings (I've found that an in person lesson is invaluable with those). It's not JUST a matter of how the carrier fits the baby, but also a matter of how the carrier fits YOU. Do you like the length of the shoulder straps? Do you want a chest strap or contoured straps? Do you want to be able to cross the straps in back when you wear baby on your front? Is the carrier in general too big/too small for your body? Etc. These things aren't cheap, so if you can find a babywearing group near you to help you narrow down your decision, it'll really help.

That being said...that's another reason I like woven wraps. Since it's just a long piece of fabric, it WILL fit you. I was actually able to figure it out on my own after a few tries and watching YouTube videos. And it grows with baby. You can keep baby legs in when it's small, then spread the passes as it grows. You can wear baby on your hip when it gets interested in the outside world or toss it on your back when you're out and about. I feel like the woven wraps mold well to baby's body and holds them closer to you, which makes for a really nice snuggle any time you wear. And they're soooo pretty!

This is me wearing my then 2 year old and my sister wearing my 6 month old.

Itty bitty DS, too young for sunscreen, so I took the tails of the wrap to cover his legs when we were out and about.

Snuggly sleeping boy

Back wrapping DD
navywifey2003 likes this.
January 24th, 2013, 09:00 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Lisa that wouldn't happen to be paxbaby would it?

January 24th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No, Paxbaby is too far north for me to go on a regular basis. There's an East County group a few friends of mine started last year because a bunch of us got tired of driving up to Poway all the time for the central San Diego meetings.
navywifey2003 likes this.
January 24th, 2013, 10:38 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had an Infantino carrier when DD was born and it was AWFUL. Awful awful awful. She hated it, it was uncomfortable to wear, and we got rid of it ASAP. I'd really recommend spending the money on a decent carrier. They're totally worth every penny.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search