why?????

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 07:35 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
I have had numerous people who have found out that I lost one of the babies come up to me and say I must be relieved. They literally say well I guess it is actually a good thing because who wants two? Why would they say that??? I try to calmly tell them while twins would've been difficult, once I knew there was two why would I want there to then be one??? I end up bawling (and it is always at work) which I hope makes them feel like an ***. I just can't understand why that would be something anyone would say? Am I being oversensitive??

January 23rd, 2013, 07:39 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who would think it's okay to say that, or to feel that way!?

I'm sorry people can be really mean.
January 23rd, 2013, 07:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You're not being oversensitive, they're being extremely rude and mean. I'm sorry that you have to go through this! Some people need to learn to have some tact.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 23rd, 2013, 07:55 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed

January 23rd, 2013, 08:00 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow I cant understand why anyone would say that!!! Very rude for one and heartless!!!

January 23rd, 2013, 08:05 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, you have every right to be upset. That is about the rudest, most insensitive thing people could say. I would practice a really good zinger of a come back to say to those people and keep it handy.

My miscarriage was about the same time a co-worker was diagnosed with breast cancer. She and I decided we are going to write a book "The stupid **** people say under duress and how to respond"
January 23rd, 2013, 08:14 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I had a friend who went through the same thing, and I wanted to smack people for her! I will never understand some people.
January 23rd, 2013, 08:27 AM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
What the @#$%*?!?!? What is wrong with people?! You are NOT being overly sensitive, they are being grade-A $h!theads.

January 23rd, 2013, 08:30 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow. That's horrible! I'm sorry people are so tactless!

January 23rd, 2013, 08:32 AM
Super Mommy
you have every right to be upset! that's horrible to say to someone. i'm sure they mean well but and probably just don't know what to say but still, that's very hurtful *hugs*
January 23rd, 2013, 08:35 AM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
wow i am sorry.

January 23rd, 2013, 08:37 AM
Super Mommy
Aww geez. How do you refrain from slapping those buttholes? Seriously, I would outright tell them that's a very cruel thing to say, and I'm a very non-confrontational person.
January 23rd, 2013, 08:39 AM
Rochelle
I have no words... that is truly insensitive. I'm so sorry.
January 23rd, 2013, 08:42 AM
Veteran
Wow! That's is AWFUL!
January 23rd, 2013, 08:45 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope your not being oversensitive Dawn hun. People are just very rude. My friend also lost a twin during her last pregnancy and she also had similar comments from people at work and even her own family!!! If I was around her when that happened Id always respond to people with one of two comments "So you have two parents would you want one to die just cuz they sometimes make your life challenging?" Or " So you have more than one child would you want one to die because they make your life challenging?" Everyone always said a shocked reply of NO!!! To which I would say...then why do you think she would be relieved or even remotely happy about the loss of a twin?!!? And then id usually call them an idiot and we would walk away.
Soooo maybe you could say something like that. Too many people in this world dont know how to use manners or tact. And I agree with kat on the stupid crap that people say! Its ridiculous!
Big hugs hun.

January 23rd, 2013, 09:00 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I think that a horrific and terrible thing to say and I can't imagine who in their right mind would open their mouth and say something like that. I hope they feel like absolute moronic A holes for thinking that was even close to appropriate. So sorry anyone has said that to you

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 23rd, 2013, 09:07 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
OMG!! That's like saying to a woman who was pregnant with just one baby "you must be glad you miscarried. Babies are expensive". What the F is wrong with people!!! So sorry, mama. Hugs.

January 23rd, 2013, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It is hard to imagine anyone would be insensitive enough to say that. They are so wrong to speak such words. They deserve to feel horrible for such comments.

January 23rd, 2013, 09:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's horrifying. Would you go to someone who lost a child and say "Hey, at least that's one less you have to worry about paying for college"? Terrible. Hopefully the word will go around now and people will leave you alone. You can never go wrong with saying "I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. Please let me know if there is anything I can do." Sure it sounds scripted but at least it's not insensitive.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

January 23rd, 2013, 10:01 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't think you are being overly sensitive. People say awful things without even thinking. I'm sorry you have to hear that! Hugs!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search