disposable Diapers Brands, prices, opinions

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 08:44 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
I seen a topic about this before but can not find it. Just want opinions,. There are so many choices and different price ranges.
AKlobnak likes this.
January 23rd, 2013, 09:10 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
With Eston I tried a bunch and the cheap Wal-Mart ones ended up working best. I suggest looking for coupons and trying them because they seem to work different on different babies

January 23rd, 2013, 09:14 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I would sign up with any of the major diaper companies you can. You'll get coupons and samples to try out.
January 23rd, 2013, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am a pampers swaddlers woman. Love them (as if you can love a diaper). I thought Huggies smelled of urine (not sure anyone else smelled it ) I seemed to get lots of coupons and purchased when I had coupons even if ahead. I already purchased two large packages (180 each).
Hopeful2BMommy and MamaSkunk like this.

January 23rd, 2013, 09:27 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tried Pampers Swaddlers at first, and as a newborn, it was all that fit DD. Then to save money, we switched to Parents Choice (walmart brand) and used those for a couple years. Later, we tried Pampers again and she had a pee blow out every time. They could not hold her pee (she was a big pee'er). We went back to Parents Choice until she started getting really nasty yeast infections (like 1 or 2 a week) and we finally figured out her skin just really didn't like those diapers. So then I started using Huggies Slip On's.. Used those til she potty trained. I will start with Huggies this time. I love Huggies. I don't think they smell at all and I definitely feel that they're worth the money.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 23rd, 2013, 09:31 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I second the try all the different brands. Buy small packs and see what works best for the fit of your baby.

What worked best with Bourne was the Sam's brand and Wal-mart brand. He leaked out the top of Huggies and pampers, even the over nights and one of them he always had poopsplosions up his back. I know other people that couldn't use them because they leaked.

PS - Edited to add: If you have Amazon Prime, sign up for Amazon Mom and you can get huge discounts on name brand diapers if you subscribe and save. It doesn't help us since we use Walmart/Sam's brand - which end up being cheaper anyway.

Last edited by zkat; January 23rd, 2013 at 09:33 AM.
January 23rd, 2013, 09:42 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used Pampers Swaddlers for Newborn age then Pampers Cruisers. Huggies is alright I do prefer their overnights for night time once they reach a certain age. And i never had any blowouts with the swaddlers and only a few with pampers cruisers (when DD would teeth even tho she wasnt a fusser she would get massive diarrhea and only a tiny bit would leak up the back. But I never had any problem washing out the poop stains using Dreft. (I still use Dreft on her clothes) Oh and my DD got massive rashes with any other diaper brand except Pampers and Huggies. And I know they may cost a dollar or two more but personally I dont like the cheap brands

January 23rd, 2013, 10:01 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Luvs have always worked the best for us.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
January 23rd, 2013, 10:57 AM
So basically I will just have to try different ones out and see which ones work. think I am just going to buy packages of different kinds then. I hope i don't find too many that don't work so they go to waste.

Where do you ladies find all your coupons??? i have never been much of a coupon gal but will be now lol
January 23rd, 2013, 10:59 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Go to the websites for each brand. Also I've found coupons in baby magazines, etc.
bobbiejo1982 likes this.
January 23rd, 2013, 11:00 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pampers always included coupons in the packages for up to $5 off. But Pampers does also have gifts to grow so you get points for each package....so Im sure you can sign up on their website for more coupons
bobbiejo1982 likes this.

January 23rd, 2013, 11:05 AM
Veteran
Personally I never tried too many... I used cloth at hole for the fist six months(before IMO the poop gets nasty) and basically always used pampers. I use now on my son 18mos pampers dry you get more in a box than the cruisers!

January 23rd, 2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkat View Post
I second the try all the different brands. Buy small packs and see what works best for the fit of your baby.

What worked best with Bourne was the Sam's brand and Wal-mart brand. He leaked out the top of Huggies and pampers, even the over nights and one of them he always had poopsplosions up his back. I know other people that couldn't use them because they leaked.

PS - Edited to add: If you have Amazon Prime, sign up for Amazon Mom and you can get huge discounts on name brand diapers if you subscribe and save. It doesn't help us since we use Walmart/Sam's brand - which end up being cheaper anyway.
I have Amazon but not sure what Amazon prime is

Signed up for pampers, Luvs and huggies
January 23rd, 2013, 11:18 AM
Regular
I liked Pampers Swaddlers with my first, so that's what I'll try for this one to begin with.

January 23rd, 2013, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Diapers are kinda like Coke and Pepsi. I only drink Coke

January 23rd, 2013, 12:34 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Connor was in sposies for the first 6 months and I admit, I was a diaper snob! LOL I tried the off brands like costco/kirkland and target brand, etc but IMO they totally sucked. I only used Huggies or Pampers, both worked equally well for us. But diapers, again, can be something that you may have to do trial and error with. One brand may fit baby better than another, and you may have a personal favorite of one over another. Get one package of each and give them a try!

January 23rd, 2013, 01:00 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We always found that Huggies worked better with DD than Pampers. I have heard from several moms that Huggies work better for girls and Pampers work better for boys, but I don't know how true that is. Once DD was phasing out of diapers, we were able to switch to the cheaper store brand ones.

I know cloth is better, but honestly, for the convenience and my own sanity we're going disposable again this time around. But in doing that, we know we're making a choice to add to the huge ecological impact of disposable diapers. So we've decided to try to offset that by choosing brands that are more eco-friendly. So far the brand I'm liking the best is called Attitude, by a Canadian company called Bio Spectra. They make an entire line of products that are widely available here in Canada. The diapers are completely biodegradable and compostable, vegetable based, and CO2 neutral. All of their products are certified carcinogen free as well. They seem to get really good reviews overall, so I'm excited to see how well they work for us. ATTITUDE | eco-friendly products

January 23rd, 2013, 02:05 PM
Super Mommy
I have always been a Luvs kinda girl myself. Swaddlers were great for the newborn stage. Huggies were always a little too skinny for my kids' butts and we had lots of blowouts with Parents Choice and for some reason, with those two, when they peed in them, it always felt hard, which kind of bugged me. The Target brand is great though, I like those ones. You're definitely going to want to get smaller packs to try out every one and see which you like best.
January 23rd, 2013, 02:39 PM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep we do luvs too. Best deal for us. I tried some off brands but they seemed hard when wet. Pampers swaddlers for newborn because I like the cut out for the cord. I suppose you could fold down luvs but since the hospital uses them and sends you home with a bunch we just liked them for the first few weeks
January 23rd, 2013, 03:14 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiejo1982 View Post
I have Amazon but not sure what Amazon prime is

Signed up for pampers, Luvs and huggies
Amazon Prime is a level of Amazon membership. It costs about $90 a year, but you get free 2 day shipping on a lot of items, as well as free video streaming or discounted video streaming and a huge selection of free e-books for kindle. You also get additional discounts on items that you subscribe and save (basically set up for autoship every month) We do almost all our gift shopping on Amazon and I read a lot, so it is worth it for us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search