I hate!! (OT)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 07:53 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The age of 2!!!! I just want to cry. My DD used to be the sweetest thing...always ate her food...listened...etc. It seems like since shes been two she has been an absolute terror!!! And I know 3 is supposed to be worse but that sooo doesnt help me now! Cuz when DD hits 4...then this one hits 2....I will have 4 years of this nonsense!! All day long its screaming loudly...tantrums...hitting and throwing things. I think I have a little devil on my hands to make up for having an easy baby that never cried...never fussed...heck even when she got four teeth in at once she didnt fuss. I want my sweet baby girl back!! Cuz her attitude makes me want to cry and have tantrums!! Ugh ok vent over.

January 23rd, 2013, 08:02 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm sorry! Three was harder for me, but it does slowly get better! At four, the tantrums are fewer and further between. There is some sassy attitude but I can tolerate it. Just think, once baby is here, you won't have to deal with those tantrums again for two more years
navywifey2003 likes this.
January 23rd, 2013, 08:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I totally sympathize and my DD is not even 20 months she has this thing now where she acts all sweet and snuggles up and then out of NOWHERE grabs your face (scratching your eye out practically, or maybe just a nostril or your gum if you are talking) or pulls your hair. W.T.H. it is seriously like having a devil child. This is why I am putting her in preschool soon, so the other kids can let her know it is NOT okay to do that to people!!! She needs some social pressure because she feels too safe with us to worry about us being mad at her.

January 23rd, 2013, 08:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
The age of 2!!!! I just want to cry. My DD used to be the sweetest thing...always ate her food...listened...etc. It seems like since shes been two she has been an absolute terror!!! And I know 3 is supposed to be worse but that sooo doesnt help me now! Cuz when DD hits 4...then this one hits 2....I will have 4 years of this nonsense!! All day long its screaming loudly...tantrums...hitting and throwing things. I think I have a little devil on my hands to make up for having an easy baby that never cried...never fussed...heck even when she got four teeth in at once she didnt fuss. I want my sweet baby girl back!! Cuz her attitude makes me want to cry and have tantrums!! Ugh ok vent over.
This sounds exactly like my daughter. Sweet and easy until about 2.5 and then holy hockey sticks! Devil toddler since!
And you wanted another girl tehehe ...hugs Karry! I will pray for your sanity!

January 23rd, 2013, 08:36 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the same problem with my DD. except its worse.. There are days that I desperately miss 2 (she's 3.5 now). SO and I both reminisce about when she was a (mostly) sweet little 2 year old. I'm ready for July. Hopefully turning 4 helps with the attitude and misbehavior. Especially since I'll have a newborn and next to no patience..

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 23rd, 2013, 08:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My 1.5 year old is reveling in an early bout of Terrible Twos. I'm praying that an early onset means an early finish, lol. What's worse is that he's learned this cheesy "Who ME?" smile when he's being naughty.

At dinner tonight he was eating nicely. Suddenly he got up and put his cup in the sink. We thanked him and told him how tidy he was being. Grinning at us he picked up his plate and walked out of the kitchen (our kitchen, dining/living room, hallways and stair entry are all part of one room). We tell him to go back. He sits down on the stairs and continues eating his corn. He looked so happy and cheerful sitting there it was hard to tell him to go back so we (bad us) decided to let him sit there. Then I noticed the milk spots on the floor. I look closer, the spots continued down the hallway and into the kitchen. I take a closer look at his table and see that he had actually DUMPED his milk all over his table before getting up to throw the cup in the sink (I know it was on purpose because anytime he does it on accident he cries "OH NO! UUUH-OH!" when he does it on purpose he tries to be sneaky and is silent)! He was on the stairs because he didn't want to sit in the milk! I go to tell him how messy his table was and he tried to throw his plate of corn at me!

Grrrr!

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

January 24th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Three is worse, it is like two is taking the prerequisite training class for three. But then they turn 4 and start to knock it off, and then they turn 5 and become pretty freakin awesome....and so funny and really their own little person.

Try to be patient, but lock yourself in the bathroom when you need to mama. There is no shame in that. Yell into a pillow.

January 24th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Lol thanks everyone at least Im not the only one going thru this. She can still be sweet but man its like she flips a switch and bam out comes cranky child. And shes screaming and yelling and having a tantrum on my floor and Im like why?! And often there appears to be no reason for the craziness. And sometimes the reasons for the tantrums is weird. In the morning...every morning she has a huge tantrum when I try getting her out of her jammies and nighttime pullup and dressed into clothes for the day. Not sure why but she just flips out the whole time I am trying to undress and redress her. Ahhh we are probably frightening the FTMs haha

January 24th, 2013, 09:18 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
Just when I thought I would be happy girl or boy..... Hahaha

January 24th, 2013, 09:21 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds just like my little sweetheart! She was the sweetest baby ever, never cried unless she was hungry, nothing bothered her. NOW, we have screaming fits anytime she doesn't get her way, which may or may not include throwing herself on the floor in public. It never gets her what she wants (usually the opposite), but still happens. She will be 2 and a half next month. In the same boat! Hang in there! We will make it!

January 24th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My DD just turned 4 and I'm waiting for it to get better...LOL! But yes, 3 is a NIGHTMARE compared to 2, but 2 was rough after how nice 1 was.
January 24th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmreed32 View Post
Just when I thought I would be happy girl or boy..... Hahaha
Lol dont jinx yourself like I did haha. Ohhh daughters are awesome too. A daughter will be your best friend. Dont get me wrong I mainly ranting about the tantrum stage. I still would love another daughter cuz they are that awesome. And not all girls have to be girlie My DD is obsessed with cars of all kinds and will do most anything for a matchbox car lol.

January 24th, 2013, 10:57 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
My daughter Kaytie who is 7, was by far the worse 2 yr old out of all my kids. She still is pretty loud, she gets her point across by screaming.. Strong willed little girl.

Nolan is by far my easiest 2 year old,he gets upset but is over it quickly, does not back talk, plays well by himself..

Debbie is right in between, she is a very sweet 9 year old now

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 24th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Lol Sami...your kaytie sounds like my DD...VERY strong willed and stubborn

January 24th, 2013, 11:30 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having sooooo many problems with Gabe too. He is soo embarrassing sometimes because when you tell him NO, he drops to the floor (public or not) and just starts screaming! And if he has anything in his hands, he just throws it.... food... toys.. whatever. He has been a nightmare. It started before he turned 2, but I sure hope it doesn't last through 4... Ugh. On the other hand, my little Jocelyn has been an angel and she is 4. She does get some sassy pants attitude on her sometimes lol.

There are days I could just cry I am so frustrated. So you aren't alone, that is for sure!

January 24th, 2013, 12:15 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jaleigh was an awesome baby and toddler. She never went through the terrible 2's or 3's. She was always pretty laid back. Heck, she has hardly ever even gotten sick or injured.

Kiefer, on the other hand, has been difficult from day 1. He was always sick as a baby (reflux, ear infections, asthma). He has ended up in the ER for a split open forehead and another time he knocked out his front tooth (all before his 2nd birthday). His terrible 2's started at what seemed like 1 year old. He is stubborn, defiant, and a daredevil. Don't get me wrong, he can be very sweet when he wants to be...but I cringe at the thought of him being 3 or even a teenager. I will probably be completely gray before I turn 30
MrsLat likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search