Unbelievably sad. . .*update with question*

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 07:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So my younger sister (with no children) had been trying to get pregnant for the past year. I told her I got pregnant almost immediately after stopping birth control with my first ds, but then she got off and it took her several months of waiting. In the meantime, I get pregnant accidentally with my 4th child after just having had a baby less than a year ago. So I didn't want to tell her, but then she found out she was pregnant in August so I was so excited for her and that we could have babies together! Well tonight she called and said she had lost the baby. I'm so sad. She wanted to be a mommy so bad & I don't want to her to feel bad whenever she sees me. I'm just so heartbroken for her.

*question in bottom post*

Last edited by j&jmom; February 1st, 2013 at 05:46 PM.
January 23rd, 2013, 07:08 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I'm sorry for your sisters loss!

January 23rd, 2013, 07:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! Send her lots of hugs from us. On a positive note after a miscarriage you are very fertile...the doctors told me to wait 2 periods after my miscarriage in june however I have heard of many women trying immediately after and having great sucess of getting pregnant & carrying to term. Of course everyones situation is different but I hop she does not lose hope.

January 23rd, 2013, 07:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh that's horrible I'm sorry she has to go through all of that. And I'm sorry for you too because I'm sure you were looking forward to having babies close in age together.

On the plus side she's learned that she CAN get pregnant and within a realistic time frame (less than a year of trying is still a mark of good fertility). If she got pregnant once she can get pregnant again Tell her to give herself some time, though. It's good to spend time to grieve and how long it takes her is what is right for her.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

January 24th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
There are no words that can probably express what she is feeling. The only suggestion I can offer is let her know that you are praying for her. Let her know that you are there to listen to whatever she needs to say. Perhaps knowing that she is free to express herself anyway she needs will assist.
sunnydaze likes this.

January 24th, 2013, 04:44 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Oh wow, how sad. I'm so sorry for your sister's loss!
January 24th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Rochelle
I'm so so sorry I know it's hard not only bc she is your sister and you care about her but that was your niece or nephew you were looking forward to knowing as well. I am truly sorry and I wish the whole family strength.
January 24th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So sorry for your sister and your familys loss. That is heartbreaking.
January 24th, 2013, 07:01 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww thats hard. My BFF has been trying to get pregnant for almost a year I think now. She has hyperthyroid issues that might be effecting it but I feel so bad every month she is so hopeful only to get her period. She did get pregnant in Oct but lost the baby early. I felt awful when I got pregnant so fast and I wasnt even really planning on trying that I didnt want to tell her. She is happy for me but I know she wants her 2nd too.
January 24th, 2013, 07:08 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
Oh no. I'm so sorry for your sisters loss.

January 24th, 2013, 08:21 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am very sorry for your sisters loss. I hope they find her some answers. My sister lost my nephew at 28 weeks and she strongly recommended a support group.
January 24th, 2013, 10:35 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no, that is horrible. I am so sorry to hear that... My sister has been trying for over a year for her first and she found out she is pregnant just a few days ago. If she lost it, I don't know what I would say to her. I will keep your family in my prayers.

January 24th, 2013, 08:37 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's so sad

When I got pregnant with Miles my BFF also got pregnant at the exact same time. Literally due the same day as me. Her and her husband had been TTC, and meanwhile John and I weren't really trying anymore since we had no luck over the previous three years, so Miles was a surprise. Well, she miscarried at 9ish weeks and it made our friendship very tough to navigate. Especially since we ended up choosing the name Miles which was apparently the boy's name she and her husband had picked for that baby if it ended up being a boy. Just sad all around .

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

January 25th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My sister and I are really close. We had been texting almost everyday about baby things we had found. Yesterday I got a text from Target about their baby sale & for a few seconds I thought about passing the text on before I remembered & got sad again. My cousin had a baby a week before I was due with my third, but I miscarried. It took me a long time before I could "be friends" with her again. I didn't want to hear about her son & I isolated myself from her because it made me incredibly sad. If my sister does that to me, I'll understand, but it will be very hard. I've texted her telling her I love her and I'm thinking about her, but we haven't talked since she told me. I just wish so badly that this hadn't happened to her.

February 1st, 2013, 05:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just an update - my sister goes in for a d&c next Friday. I've had a m/c but never needed a d&c does anyone know if you need to wait longer to conceive after that? We've been texting each other, but she doesn't talk about it & I'm afraid to ask her too much.

February 1st, 2013, 06:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My Dr said we could start trying as soon as we were ready. We got pregnant the first cycle after my D & C. I think all Dr's have a different opinion about it.

February 1st, 2013, 06:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! That's so difficult I could not imagine. She's going to need a lot of borrowed strength these next couple of days. My thoughts are with her.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

February 1st, 2013, 07:35 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was not as far along as your sister-I was 9 weeks. My Dr said we could start trying after my first cycle.

Has your sister had ny testing done? That is such a late loss and my heart aches for her. My sister lost my nephew at 28 weeks. Just be there for her when she is ready.
February 2nd, 2013, 05:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a girlfriend recently find out she was pregnant and was suddenly all over me because she could ask me a million questions and gush about baby stuff with me. But then, two weeks later, she miscarried and now she wont even talk to me. It is really hard for her, and I hurt for her and want to be there for her, but I feel I'm just a big nasty reminder of her loss.

It really sucks.

February 2nd, 2013, 10:02 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was told to wait one cycle after before trying again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search