Screen name

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2013, 06:02 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
What does your sn mean? Do you use it for other things?

January 24th, 2013, 06:15 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I've had the same screen name for forever, and I use it on everything. I used to have a vw beetle and my license plate was "Bri Bug"...somewhere along the way an extra 'g' was added lol. My favorite # is 13.

January 24th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine is very unoriginal...lol, first name and middle name. I use it for pretty much all my usernames online. In "real" life I usually just go by Jo to my friends and family, Joanne to everyone else.

January 24th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pennyroyal has often been used to make tea for self-induced abortions, thus I want nothing to do with it. This is the only place I use it.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 24th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Mine is my daughters names.

January 24th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The Beatles are my favorite band, I'm a chick, and my name is Steph. I've used this screen name for everything since high school. In fact if you type it into google images, my picture actually shows up.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 24th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPennyRoyalTea View Post
Pennyroyal has often been used to make tea for self-induced abortions, thus I want nothing to do with it. This is the only place I use it.
Very interesting. I always assumed it was from a Nirvana song. I used to be way into them.

Well prior to me changing it, my sn was my middlename and my fav #..7.

But now I've had it changed to represent 4hearts for 4 children that I love and protect.

ETA: I only use this screenname here. I like to confuse the internet. I'm a stealth ninja

Last edited by 4hearts; January 24th, 2013 at 07:06 AM.
January 24th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Well that's where I originally got the idea, but that is the true meaning of the song. It's about self inducing an abortion..

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 24th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Well that's where I originally got the idea, but that is the true meaning of the song. It's about self inducing an abortion..
It's funny years later when you find out a song was about something you never even realized. haha. His songs were much darker than I realized then.
January 24th, 2013, 07:03 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use it for everything

It comes from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon as the main characters names in Chinese are Little Dragon (Jen) and Little Tiger (Lo) Not sure how they translated them but since Im Chinese I can understand it and I loved it and Zhang Ziyi who played Little Dragon so I made this name from that love
4hearts likes this.
January 24th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Oh absolutely. SO and I are rediscovering all the music we listened to as kids/teens and we're building up our music library. We have 2254 songs on iTunes. We're working on getting all of Nirvana's albums, currently.
4hearts likes this.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 24th, 2013, 07:06 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
Mine pretty much explains its self

January 24th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Oh absolutely. SO and I are rediscovering all the music we listened to as kids/teens and we're building up our music library. We have 2254 songs on iTunes. We're working on getting all of Nirvana's albums, currently.

*sorry threadjacking here:

You wanna hear something sad... I have "Kurt" tattooed on my hip bc I was that in love with Kurt Cobain when I was 16. I tattooed it there myself. And this was after he was already dead. Talk about embarrassing. DH hates it. If I hadn't gotten pg this time when I did I was going to be covering it up this month at a professional place.
January 24th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4hearts View Post
*sorry threadjacking here:

You wanna hear something sad... I have "Kurt" tattooed on my hip bc I was that in love with Kurt Cobain when I was 16. I tattooed it there myself. And this was after he was already dead. Talk about embarrassing. DH hates it. If I hadn't gotten pg this time when I did I was going to be covering it up this month at a professional place.
Wow.. I thought I had it bad.. I'm only 24, so I was barely in school when he died. But I have loved his music from the first time I heard it.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 24th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Wow.. I thought I had it bad.. I'm only 24, so I was barely in school when he died. But I have loved his music from the first time I heard it.
me too. I was 7 or 8 yrs old the 1st time I heard "Smells like teen spirit" and it spoke to my soul. Specifically: "I'm so happy, cuz today I found my friends, they're in my head" that was me all over, a sad little rejected only child. poor me
January 24th, 2013, 07:24 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine is the meaning of my real name. I only use it here. I couldn't think of a screen name when I was signing up!
4hearts likes this.

January 24th, 2013, 07:42 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
The Beatles are my favorite band, I'm a chick, and my name is Steph. I've used this screen name for everything since high school. In fact if you type it into google images, my picture actually shows up.
Mine's the same way, not sure about pictures, but you can stalk me all over the internet! LOL I've been using it since around 2001-2002 (with one 'g' in the beginning).

Last edited by bribugg13; January 24th, 2013 at 07:53 AM.
January 24th, 2013, 07:51 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4hearts View Post
It's funny years later when you find out a song was about something you never even realized. haha. His songs were much darker than I realized then.
Pennyroyal tea was also drank to soothe the stomach and help with stomach problems. Kurt suffered from stomach pain his whole life. Toward the end of his life he was often in excruciating pain. That song is about him as he drank the tea to help ease his pain.

I was obsessed too...I was 13 when he died and I cried for weeks. My room as a teen was plastered with posters of him. I had every cd even the singles and the rare hard to find stuff. (I have a record of bleach from italy with a song on it released no where else) I know every bit of trivia about him and the band. I was also quite in love with him. Now if he was still alive and touring and I was 39 weeks preg...i would go for sure and nothing would stop me(like the NkoTB fans are talking about)
4hearts and cheerfulsunrise like this.

Last edited by MamaSkunk; January 24th, 2013 at 07:58 AM.
January 24th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
Pennyroyal tea was also drank to soothe the stomach and help with stomach problems. Kurt suffered from stomach pain his whole life. Toward the end of his life he was often in excruciating pain. That song is about him as he drank the tea to help ease his pain.
Nirvana-nerds UNITE! Still loves that man.. I did some paintings of him as well.
MamaSkunk likes this.
January 24th, 2013, 08:18 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we hijacked this thread over our Nirvana obsession lol

Uhm my screenname is because DH is obsessed with any and everything skunk and DD was a skunk for halloween and also skunk obsessed. And while I look at myself as the Penelope cat to DHs Pepe le Pew...as I am a cat person...I wanted a nick to symbolize both DH and DD.....sooo like the three bears concept I went with MamaSkunk. And I only use it here.
4hearts likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search