Please send thoughts and prayers *Update*

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Rochelle
Good update:
Been meaning to update this since yesterday but she got back home yesterday and is doing well on recovery. The surgery went very well and she just needs to force herself to take it easy for the next couple of weeks and then she can go back to work.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I'm a big believer that every bit of that helps.

My mom has battled with a rare skin cancer for 15 yrs now. Now she has more cancer and is having it removed today at noon EST. They have to put her under for hrs and cut away the cancer and then do a skin graft to reconstruct areas that need it. She has to stay in the hospital for at least 5 days.

Even though we've been dealing with this for yrs, it never gets any easier when she has surgery. It's always very scary and I know it's very traumatic for her.

It makes me feel better to know that people out there are praying and thinking of her. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by 4hearts; February 2nd, 2013 at 11:47 AM. Reason: update
January 25th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Lots of thoughts and prayers your way. I can't imagine how hard it is for this to go on for such a long period of time. My mom had lung cancer and had a lobectomy and 2/3 of her right lung removed last may. It was a very difficult time. Sugeries and recoveries are so difficult to watch someone go through

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 25th, 2013, 07:04 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry to hear this. Think of you and praying for you. I know how it can be. I lost my mother to Cancer 2 years ago, hardest time of my life. just do what you can for hjer and make sure to take care of yourself too.
January 25th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG. Many thoughts and prayers for your mom. Please update us after surgery and let us know that everything went fine. (((Hugs))) I can only imagine how scary this is for your family.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 25th, 2013, 07:45 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely will be praying for her and will double up starting at the noon hour. I will also be praying for strength for you and your family bc this has to be so hard on you. Please let us know when you can how she is doing.

January 25th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry she and you and your family have to go through this. I lost my daddy to cancer a few months ago and it is very difficult to stand by and watch them go through everything. I will be sending up a prayer for her.
January 25th, 2013, 08:31 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for her!!

January 25th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Rochelle
Thanks ladies. It means a lot. I will let you know when she's out of surgery. My dad and his dad (my gpa) are there. It's hard too bc I can't be there. She lives only 30 mins form me but the hospital is a few hrs away. She has to go to Shands teaching hospital bc it's such a rare cancer. I spoke to her father this morning and he is going to try to visit her this weekend and I think her brother is too. She despises laying around so she gets so antsy in a hospital bed. At least she likes crosswords. Another thing is she can't stand taking off of work. She's a pre-k teacher but it is what it is. I know she'll be happy again when she's recovered and they give her the clear to start working out again. She loves jogging.

I'm so so sorry for your losses BobbieJo and Kyla

Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers
January 25th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
January 25th, 2013, 09:22 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Praying for her Hun!

January 25th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Rochelle
She's out of surgery and doing well. Dad says she'll have to be on strict bed-rest for 3 days which I figured since the Doctor already said pre-surgery she would have to stay in the hospital for 5 days. I am so happy she's ok. The older I get, the harder these surgeries are for me. The longer I'm a parent the more I appreciate her and to loose her would be Earth shattering for me and everyone else who loves her too.

Thank you all so much for your T&P.

ETA: She called me a few mins ago and sounds very good and in good spirits. Says that she's too nauseous to eat though which is understandable. So good to hear her voice.

Last edited by 4hearts; January 25th, 2013 at 04:32 PM.
January 25th, 2013, 03:17 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I'm so glad to see this update! I'm glad she is doing well!
4hearts likes this.

February 2nd, 2013, 11:48 AM
Rochelle
updated
February 2nd, 2013, 03:53 PM
Veteran
That's great!!

February 2nd, 2013, 04:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I must have missed this post originally. I am glad she is out of surgery and recovering. I wish her a speedy & full recovery. T&p for your family!

February 2nd, 2013, 05:10 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
So glad everything went well! I hope she takes the time to relax before getting back to work but what a relief this must be for you!

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
February 2nd, 2013, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Prayers that she has a full recovery.

February 2nd, 2013, 10:12 PM
Rochelle
Thank you all very much. It's definitely a load off that she's home and doing well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search