Really Upset...80% Chance of Csection

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I had my anatomy scan on Wednesday. It took an hour and a half because baby boy is active as heck and head down in a really strange position that made it difficult for her to get the shots she needed. I ended up being tilted veryyy far back for a good half hour and I almost threw up. Anyways he's definitely still a boy haha I had a doctor appt later that day and she said she'd call me if anything was wrong with the results of the scan. I'm making dinner that night and my phone rings and it's her number. I obviously panic. She says right away that baby looks great. Ok phew! But.....My high anterior placenta is now a LOW anterior placenta and is only 1cm away from my cervix. With DD i had a partial coverage of the cervix at 12 weeks but by 20 it had moved and all was good. She said she won't allow a vaginal birth unless its more than 2cm away and since it has actually moved down and not up since my last scan that there's a 20% chance i'll be able to deliver vaginally. I have an u/s scheduled for 28 weeks to check position and if its not more than 2cm away we will schedule a c-section.

I know obviously no matter what the situation, a c-section is always a possibility....but the thought just terrifies me. The recovery, the staying in the hospital, the pain etc. I'm just feeling horribly upset that this is now a VERY real possibility. I had a relatively good recovery from my vaginal delivery and with DD still being in school and having to take her to the bus every morning and pick her up every night I just can't fathom doing all that after a c-section. DH will only be home for 5 days after baby is born.

Someone who's had a c-section please reassure me everything will be okay if indeed it does have to happen!

Oh and here's a picture of little man's face and foot. A profile shot was hard to get because of his position but he quite likes stretching his legs and pushing on my left side as hard as he can haha No potty shot because she already printed the pics and even though the ultrasound was over an hour he didnt show us his goods until she was just showing my mom and I the screen

ETA: Oh and to top it off i have to be on pelvic rest, meaning no more sex. DH is not impressed haha

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks

Last edited by Kalynas_Mom; January 25th, 2013 at 07:16 AM.
January 25th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I wouldn't give up hope yet. My cousin's was covering her cervix at 20 weeks but has since moved enough to not cause any issues. I also have a low lying one this time but I am having a repeat c-section so it isn't a huge issue.
January 25th, 2013, 07:18 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I don't have any advice but I wanted to offer hugs and support!

January 25th, 2013, 07:48 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you have go through this. That is so stressful. Hoping it moves up for you! Hug!

January 25th, 2013, 08:02 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't panic just yet!!! You are only 20 weeks and its not over yet! I had a similar problem with DS. They didn't find it until my 20 week u/s after I told them there had been several instances of bleeding after sex. Mine was partially covering my cervix and I was put on pelvic rest. I had another u/s at 28 weeks and it had moved off my cervix but was still close enough to keep me on pelvic rest. It wasn't until 35-36 when my doctor decided she felt comfortable enough with the location to lift my pelvic rest orders and let me proceed with a vaginal delivery. This is one of many reasons why I love my dr.

If I were you, I would insist on another u/s closer to your due date if things don't look ideal at 28 weeks.

January 25th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Super Mommy
I wouldn't worry...you still have 20 weeks for it to move out of that position Mine was low the last time but today they said it was in a better position..(im having a repeat c-section so in this case it wouldn't matter LOL! ) But don't worry-I am sure it will move by delievery time.
January 25th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Thanks ladies. I'm remaining hopeful but my doctor was not very reassuring. She said it was odd (not bad just odd) that the placenta was 3.5cm away at 15 weeks and now at 20 weeks it is only 1cm. I guess generally the placenta migrates further up as oppose to downwards. I agree though I feel like jumping the gun at 28 weeks would be a mistake and I will definitely be asking for a repeat ultrasound later on to see if a vaginal delivery is at all possible. I'd hate to wonder if it had moved and no one knew

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 25th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Super Mommy
I would definatly ask to see if you can get another u/s maybe at 38 weeks or so and then at THAT point make a decicion...but any time sooner would be jumping the gun.
January 25th, 2013, 11:43 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'd request a later u/s just in case. I'll be hoping that it moves and you can avoid the c-section! Pelvic rest sucks, so I hope you don't have to stick with that the rest of your pregnancy.
January 25th, 2013, 11:48 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs hun!!! I agree definately demand another ultrasound when your ALOT farther along like 35-38 weeks. And if it still hasnt improved just remember that even if you have to have a c-sect. You got some other c-sect moms here for advice and of course all of us rootin for ya!

January 25th, 2013, 11:52 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
Don't panic yet!

I am having my 3rd c-section. Yeah, I definitely wish that I could do a natural delivery.. but I have always done really well recovering from the surgery. It is a rough couple of days in the beginning get used to what your body can and cannot do while you are recovering. I got into a pretty good routine and my daughter learned quickly I was not going to be able to pick her up and stuff like that for a couple weeks. It isn't fun, that is for sure, but I have always managed to get by okay and I am sure that I will be okay this time around also

I know it isn't an ideal situation but you will be okay if that is what has to happen. Hang in there mama.
edgeofelise and Karenna like this.

January 25th, 2013, 11:53 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Just lurking from August's PR. First off don't drive yourself crazy. There's still plenty of time for the situation to change.
I had a c-section with Finn because he was breeched and I had multiple fibroids. I found it safer not to have an ECV.
It really was not that bad. I made myself crazy and put it in my head that it was the end of the world. I was up and walking the following day.
I suggest you get someone to stay with you for the first week. The start up pain is a little painful for a week but that is it. When you go sit and lift yourself up from a chair or sofa you'll need some help.
PM me if you have any more questions. Also, my OB used strips not staples. I don't know if this had anything to do with making my recovery a piece of cake. I didn't even need the morphine pills they prescribed. LOL!
Karenna likes this.

January 25th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Thanks again!
I'm sure if it DOES have to happen i'll be calling on the Csections mom's with lots of questions. My biggest concern was successful breastfeeding and pain meds (making baby sleepy possibly etc.) I'll be honest I know very little about csections, but your right I shouldn't build it up in my head to be this horrible experience and freak myself out before I even know if it'll happen. I think I should perhaps educate myself more about it just so I understand it (just because it's a possibility for every delivery)
MamaSkunk likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 25th, 2013, 12:31 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalynas_Mom View Post
Thanks again!
I'm sure if it DOES have to happen i'll be calling on the Csections mom's with lots of questions. My biggest concern was successful breastfeeding and pain meds (making baby sleepy possibly etc.) I'll be honest I know very little about csections, but your right I shouldn't build it up in my head to be this horrible experience and freak myself out before I even know if it'll happen. I think I should perhaps educate myself more about it just so I understand it (just because it's a possibility for every delivery)
Yes, you will freak yourself out if you think about it too much. Even us who have done it before are doing that... (Karen aka Karenna and I have been doing that baaaad lol). But if you have questions, then ask because it is better to have some answers than a bunch of unknowns. That just makes it scarier!
Karenna likes this.

January 25th, 2013, 01:09 PM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
Sorry I hadn't seen this before. Like everyone said, there is a lot of time for this to change. If you DO need a c section, while not ideal, a planned one is better than an emergency. You will have time to prepare and get things ready for when you get home. I had mine on a Tuesday, got up moving right away and we went home Friday morning. I had no issue with recovery at all and I didn't take any pain meds. I am a nut though I don't like taking stuff haha. I am also overweight so I have zero plans to wear a bikini so I told my doctor not to bother with the tiny incision and do it old school. But now days they have the opetions of small incisions that shouldn't take long at all to heal. If you have any questions, let me know. Overall I hope it moves for you

January 25th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Super Mommy
Valerie-we totally freak ourselves out LOL! (probably me more then you though LOL )
MrsLat likes this.
January 25th, 2013, 07:16 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the others, still lots of time.

Bourne was a c-section. After I left the hospital, I was only on 800mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours. By the 2nd week, I was only taking them if I over did it. I was also up and about the next day

Breastfeeding was fine. The amount that gets into your milk is so minimal. He was latched on almost immediately after birth and my milk was in before I left the hospital.

If it looks like it will be a c-section as we et closer, I will be more than happy o answer any questions.
January 26th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Rochelle
I've had 3 c/s's now and have nursed for almost 2 yrs for each one. So, no prob there. However, I truly hope you don't have to have one. I hope things turn around for you. If you have to get one, you will be ok, but of course surgery is never the desired outcome if it can be avoided. Hugs dear.
January 26th, 2013, 07:05 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
my only advice is getting a 2nd doctor to look at you... hugsss

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 26th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
Don't panic just yet!!! You are only 20 weeks and its not over yet! I had a similar problem with DS. They didn't find it until my 20 week u/s after I told them there had been several instances of bleeding after sex. Mine was partially covering my cervix and I was put on pelvic rest. I had another u/s at 28 weeks and it had moved off my cervix but was still close enough to keep me on pelvic rest. It wasn't until 35-36 when my doctor decided she felt comfortable enough with the location to lift my pelvic rest orders and let me proceed with a vaginal delivery. This is one of many reasons why I love my dr.

If I were you, I would insist on another u/s closer to your due date if things don't look ideal at 28 weeks.

I didn't even think that the bleeding I have been having after DTD could be because of my low lying placenta. I will have to bring it up to the doctor next time I go.

I've had 2 c-sections and BF with my YDD. I was only on the pain meds for maybe a week tops after I got home. I had no issues with BFing. I will be having another c-section this time and will be BFing again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search