Baby shower?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is anyone else starting on their baby shower invite list?

My baby shower with DD was nice but not a lot of people actually showed. I invited probably 25 or so people and I think like 8 showed up..

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 25th, 2013, 07:44 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
The samething happened to me with Everett (my first family shower, we lived out of state with David and Katelynn). I will not be having one this time. I was really looking forward to it and all it did was hurt my feelings.

January 25th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My first baby shower sucked too, only like 7 people showed up. Already got started on the invitations. This is the first girl in both our families in over 20 years so we're doing it big I'm so excited.

January 25th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Well this is SO's first baby and most of his family lives in town and even just inviting the females, I'm sure the list will be well over 50 people..

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 25th, 2013, 07:56 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I doubt it. It wouldn't surprise me if my best friend's new wife did a lunch or something for me (she is super sweet and, I think, appreciates that I can give him her perspective when he's being, you know a man), but it would just be a couple of other girls. We are a small, close knit group of 8 and half are the husbands. I had 2 smaller ones with DD, but I'm not super comfortable being the center of attention and having people around me watching me open gifts. I think my parents are buying the crib, and MIL already said she is buying a new nursery chair for us. My aunt also buys us a ton of stuff, so no showed really necessary.

January 25th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure I'm having two showers: One thrown by DH's work, and one thrown by the church. DH is in charge of people coming to his work one, and I'm going to invite my one non-church friend to that one. And then for the church shower, it gets put in the bulletin, and then people from the church show up. It's pretty easy, and I don't have to worry about inviting anyone. We don't have any family down here, so no family showers for us.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 25th, 2013, 08:08 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm having 2. One in Alabama that my family is throwing and one in Nashville that my friends are throwing. I need to start working on my lists for them both, even though they're still a few months away. (Both are going to be in April.) This is our first, so we need everything! So, I'm excited that I get to have 2!
Mom2LillieAidan likes this.
January 25th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyBee View Post
I'm having 2. One in Alabama that my family is throwing and one in Nashville that my friends are throwing. I need to start working on my lists for them both, even though they're still a few months away. (Both are going to be in April.) This is our first, so we need everything! So, I'm excited that I get to have 2!
Where in Alabama??

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 25th, 2013, 08:38 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
No one has mentioned throwing me one ( which doesn't surprise me, it's my second ) so I don't think I will be having one. Around here you don't throw your own, no offense to the places that do. My mil will buy a ridiculous amount, I'm sure. Hopefully it's the stuff we need and not random stuff, but I'm not going to register just for her haha

January 25th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I made a list last night. I have 27 on there plus 2 hosts. I feel sorta selfish having one. I'm not too sure where to register from. I'd like to register at babies r us but there aren't that many that I know of. I thought about target and Walmart but they just don't have the selection babies r us has. Hmm....
MamaSkunk likes this.
January 25th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Regular
My mom will be throwing me a shower in west TN at the end of April. Most of my family and lots of friends are still there so that will be nice. I've started to get a list together for it just so I can work on addresses and try not leave anyone out. I think girls at work will probably do something for me here as well.
January 25th, 2013, 08:59 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lived out of state with my first so I will definately be having a shower this time cuz i didnt have one before. Its mostly gonna be family and a few friends. Maybe 15 to 20 people.

Steph I went only with Babies R Us also. I signed up for target but couldnt find much I liked to even add onto the registry.

January 25th, 2013, 09:18 AM
I'm not throwing my own, just in charge of the guest list. One of my closest friends and my SO's step-mom are working together to throw one for us. I'm leaving almost everything entirely up to them. The only things I'm having any input on are location (my house) and date.. And I'm sure they'll ask my opinion about food too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
Steph I went only with Babies R Us also. I signed up for target but couldnt find much I liked to even add onto the registry.
I had the same problem, except it was the opposite.. I originally registered only at Target, and tried last night to do some at Babies R Us and just could not find anything I liked enough to register for it. I know at least one person (one of the hosts) will do the majority of her shopping there, which is fine because we love their Heidi Klum Truly Scrumptious clothing line..

#1, 4, 5, 7

Last edited by Mom2LillieAidan; January 25th, 2013 at 09:21 AM.
January 25th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know I'm having a work one where I'm sure a lot of teachers will show up. I'm not sure about my family thought. With my sister also having a baby some are suggesting a joint thing. I really don't care either way. I don't have many friends now outside of work and then a few others that have stuck around but infertility really isolated us from our single friends and even more so from our friends with children.
January 25th, 2013, 09:27 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
no baby shower, hoping to have a mothers blessing instead

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 25th, 2013, 09:38 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Even though this is my 3rd, my friends are insisting on throwing me a diaper/clothes party since I have everything but those things. I'm sure it will be more of a casual lunch type get together but they are already bugging me to get an invite list together. I dreading it because I feel like not too many people will want to come since this is my 3rd.

January 25th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I've never made a guest list. My mom and MIL both threw me separate ones but they made up the guest list. Good turn out for both surprisingly but it was the first grandchild. I hope you get a good turnout this time around

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 25th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
at first I had no intentions on having a baby shower because this is my secondwell second and third baby. But the more I think about it it would be really nice to have a shower bc I realize I need a lot of stuff but no 1 has mentioned throwing a shower for me so I probably will not have one.

January 25th, 2013, 10:33 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawmommy View Post
at first I had no intentions on having a baby shower because this is my secondwell second and third baby. But the more I think about it it would be really nice to have a shower bc I realize I need a lot of stuff but no 1 has mentioned throwing a shower for me so I probably will not have one.
The more I'm thinking about it, while no one has mentioned it, I bet my friends do something..... They just aren't as organized as the rest of the board's friends apparently. Maybe the same for you haha
January 25th, 2013, 11:24 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPennyRoyalTea View Post
Where in Alabama??
Birmingham. My mom & sisters live there. It's where I grew up. I think my stepmom & sisters that live in Texas are going to come to that one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search