18 week appointment update

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By KMH

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We had our 18 week appointment yesterday and also the follow up with my reg ob after the high risk one last week.

They got baby Bs heatbeat on the doppler but baby A was too low to get pick it up. So we did a quick ultrasound and baby A is very very low but no one seems to be concerned except for me. We asked questions and every one acted like it was normal. I had mentioned at 16 weeks I was continuously having pinching and pulling on my cervix but again they act like its normal. I feel like I'm living in constant fear that something is going to happen. My cervix was good last week at the high risk doctor so I feel like I should have no concerns but I can't stop worrying.

Anyone elses baby still very low in the pelvic region? Baby B is pretty high, right near my belly button so I feel like its such a difference.
January 25th, 2013, 09:05 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh huggggs Katie hun. Yeah my little man was sitting so low in my pelvis thats why they couldnt get a good ultrasound pic of him. He literally jammed his butt down in my pelvis. And the U/S tech didnt seem to think that was a problem except when trying to find out the gender. Lol. Hes prolly just chilling down there cuz his brother is kinda smooshing him down. I am sure hes ok hun. Hugs!!
loveneverfails likes this.

January 25th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That makes me feel better. Thanks. I also got nervous because he was head down where as baby B was transverse but I know he moves. I feel him flipping around. I've heard that if something was in the process of happening I wouldn't be feeling much movement.
January 25th, 2013, 09:24 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
*lurking to follow a fellow TTCMA/twin Mama *

George had his head way down in there from very early on. We struggled to get good pics and measurements of him...they always had to do his head circumference using vaginal ultrasound.

How often will you get an ultrasound to determine cervical length? They determined that mine was already shortening at 17.5 weeks, although I didn't have any pinching or pain until later. I would make sure they check it at least every month...if it is shortening, there are things they can do to help you carry those babies as long as possible.
loveneverfails likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 25th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The high risk doctor said every 4 weeks unless my reg ob sees a concern then it will be more often. My next appointment with them is Feb 12th. I feel so nutsy haha. I keep telling DH "I'll feel better after____(fill in blank)____" He said the other day.... "no you won't it's just another stepping stone"

I guess he's right. I don't think I'll ever stop worrying about them.
January 25th, 2013, 09:37 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Every month is standard unless they see a problem, so that's great!

I won't lie...I was scared to death every single day that I was pregnant with the twins, but it got better the further along I got...especially after viability. Hang in there, Mama, and take it as easy as you can!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 25th, 2013, 09:49 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
The high risk doctor said every 4 weeks unless my reg ob sees a concern then it will be more often. My next appointment with them is Feb 12th. I feel so nutsy haha. I keep telling DH "I'll feel better after____(fill in blank)____" He said the other day.... "no you won't it's just another stepping stone"

I guess he's right. I don't think I'll ever stop worrying about them.
I go through the same thing with anxiety and worrying that something is wrong . We just had our u/s on Tues, and everything went good and that was reassuring... but yesterday at my OB appt they were trying to listen for the heartbeat on the doppler and said the doppler was "broken" and were holding the machine to their ears (dr and asst he was training). Then after a little bit the dr was like "oh yeah, i heard it, ok"... but I didn't hear anything!! I felt like he was just saying that so he could move on, so of course I have been feeling a black cloud of worry hanging over me. I am trying to focus on staying positive, but it is hard when fears start creeping in!

From what you said about your appt, I think everything is ok, but I totally understand your worrying!

January 25th, 2013, 10:40 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Katie hun....it literally took DH and I 12 years to conceive DD. We never could have afforded any of what you went thru and I was convinced that Id never had kids when surprise with DD. My whole pregnancy with her I felt like I was holding my breath....Miscarriages were the norm for me so I was terrified she wouldnt stick. Then when i finally held her it was finally real. Then with this lil man I never expected to get preg again and lo and behold the first time we tried...uhh hello shock! I feel as if I am worrying more this time because A. I know the joy that your own child brings. B. Im comparing everything to the first pregnancy. C. I feel like i got preg so easy this time like too easy.
I also worry about everything too. Thats why i pray so much for you...cuz Ive been where you have with the TTC and nothing. And then the insane worry the whole pregnancy. I soooo get it. I hope our boys are stubborn lil monkeys and stay clinging in there til they are fully baked and healthy!!!

January 25th, 2013, 10:51 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm only carrying one but the u/s tech had a hard time getting measurements of her head and face because she was head down and veeeeeeery low in my pelvis. Hang in there mama!

January 25th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
One of my babies is high up around my belly button and the other baby is very very low as well. Hang in there Katie! I worry also but im trying to enjoy it as much as possible because you never know how long the pregnancy is going to last.1 of my biggest fears is to deliver super early. So I think once I get to 30-32 weeks I will be able to relax more.lots of hugs your way!

January 25th, 2013, 11:36 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just have one little baby in there, but he is soooo low too! And head down. As long as your cervix is holding in there, that is good! I am glad they are checking it alot!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search