One last vacation?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Madison.Hailey.Zack

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone considering one last vacation prior to delivery? I know we just returned from a vacation - although that included a work conference. OUr kids just love Disney. We used to go annually (2 1/2 hour plane ride). Kids have Spring Vacation from school. I am thinking of trying to get in one last trip. Just thinking if I want to traverse the parks at 28 weeks

January 26th, 2013, 09:21 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
I went to Disney 7 months pregnant last time. I was miserable it was May, I was hot, I wasn't allowed on anything. BUT I am usually warm so maybe you wouldn't have the same problem?

January 26th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
We have a mini trip planned in March. Going to Kalahari (ohio) for 3 days. I cant wait since our ODD loves to swim and I'm curious to see how our YDD does.
dmreed32 likes this.

Last edited by Madison.Hailey.Zack; January 26th, 2013 at 10:19 AM.
January 26th, 2013, 10:17 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We wanted to go on a cruise during my spring break (I'm in school), but you can only cruise up to 24 weeks and I'll be 25! Boo! So, we're going to Vegas instead. Which is what we have done the last 2 years, so it's kind of a tradition anyway. I know I'm not going to want to do much walking, but I think as long as we keep it to a minimum, I'll be ok. We've walked the strip plenty anyway and seen most every thing on our trips before. I'm just excited we get to go somewhere before baby comes!
January 26th, 2013, 11:54 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I did Disneyland up until my last weeks of pregnancy with Everett. We had annual passes and I also did the zoo nights at the San Diego zoo a week before my edd trying to get contractions to pick up. That said we are going to Vegas the last week of March. I'm not worried about the walking or anything. It's going to be a blast!

January 26th, 2013, 11:58 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They recommend that you travel in your second tri...and no travelling after 35 weeks not even by car (I just looked this up because MIL wanted us to do a family reunion toward the end of my pregnancy) And they didnt want you to travel after 35 weeks because pregnancy hormones increase the odds of blood clots. And if your sitting in a car blood tends to pool in your extremities like your legs...combined with the fact that pregnant women also swell due to water retention...and the combo increases chances of a blood clot and therefore pulmonary embolism(which can be fatal).
So I would say do any traveling before your third trimester if you want to travel before baby.

January 26th, 2013, 12:02 PM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
my brother in law is getting married in Vegas in April and I can't go. I don't mind missing the wedding but I love Vegas bahaha

January 26th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're planning on going to Cape Canaveral at the end of March for a few days as a combined anniversary (it's the big 5) and spring break trip. We saw the Endeavor when we were in LA, so we wanted to see what's only like 5 hours away from us. Hopefully we can work it out so we can go.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 26th, 2013, 02:01 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We'll probably do a day trip or two to make sure DS1 gets some special time just with us before baby comes but we already have a vacation booked for the first week of July with the new baby. (It's been bought and paid for for over a year...well before we got pregnant. Nothing short of a natural disaster is going to keep me from the 150th anniversary of the battle of gettysburg) LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search