Speaking of Disney

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kim3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2013, 09:26 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
After reading Kimberly's post I thought I would post...

I REALLY want to get Easton to Disneyworld for his birthday in September. He has never been there (outside of the womb anyway haha) and I am worried I am going miss the chance for it to be really magical for him if it isn't soon. He will be 8 this year. Plus I want to do something special for him since so much focus will be on the baby. Does anyone have any tips so I can pull it off financially, and pull it off with a 3 month old?

I have researched some, I did a lot before we went in 2005. I know it is cheaper to stay off site, but I really want Easton to have the full experience. Plus the All Star resorts are only about $115 a night so that is something I can do. It is the park tickets that are the biggest expense. Any suggestions? I know a 7 day is barely more than a 4 day so it doesn't really pay to get less days.

January 26th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mousesavers.com lists all the ongoing promos.
Undercovertourist.com has discounted ticket prices.
If you stay on resort, no need for a car. Disney picks you up at the airport and takes you park to park.
The first time we purchased little souveniers ahead of time to cut down at the parl.
Kids love Crystal Light - so we take something to hold water into the parks. They will give free water and we add the packets.

January 26th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We love love LOVE this guy... http://www.facebook.com/thedvcrentalstore?fref=ts
How it works is that there are timeshares at the Grand Californian that the owners will try to rent out when they don't use them. We get a 1300 sq ft 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen and dining area that sleeps 10 for $600/night in November. We split it 3 ways, so it ends up costing us $200/night to stay on site and get the early morning hours that come with it. They have smaller rooms that will cost less, but it's really hard to get them. The only thing is that you have to reserve way in advance. At least 7 months. It's better if you can manage 11 months, but Paul, the guy we go through, doesn't have any CA owners, so he can usually only get the 7 month window.

There's really no discount on park tickets unless you can get them through like AAA or work. My MIL one year got a 20% discount on tickets. The next year she only got 5%.

They have a baby area, complete with rooms to nurse in and changing areas for the baby. I've never been in the place, but I've heard good things about it.

I always go without a stroller. My kids are 4 and 2.5 and they can walk Disney all day long as long as I go their pace and make sure we sit down to have snacks and meals. I wore my younger kid up until I got pregnant this time and plan to continue to go after I have this baby. You can go on most of the easy rides with baby worn on your front and you can have DH go with your son on the big rides.

You're allowed to bring your own food and drink into the park. If you're staying at a hotel with a small fridge, it might not help you that much, but you can go to Costco and stock up on granola bars and freeze dried fruit and water (we just bring our water bottles and refill at the water fountains though). If you don't want to lug everything around, a small locker on Main St., Buena Vista, or in the area between the parks is just $7. You can get larger lockers for $10 and $15/day with in and out privileges. They also have cell phone charging stations for $2/hour.

Oh, and don't go through those half price ticket places. Disney is coming down hard on people who do things like buy multiple day tickets and then try to sell them off afterwards. Now you have to take a picture when you enter the park and they will match the face to the ticket every time you enter.

I'm not sure how hard they crack down on the So Cal annual pass thing (I don't know if they actually make sure you live in So Cal), but if you're going to go for 7 days, it might be worth looking into. The pass itself is ~$300, but you get discounts on food and merchandise. The next one up, Deluxe is $479, so probably not worth it.
January 26th, 2013, 11:45 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We had annual passes to Disneyland for the 2 years we lived in San Diego. Best money I've ever spent. They have what's called rider swap. Which is where 2 people wait in line and the other part of the party go elsewhere. Then when you are done with your ride you and your husband can switch. You do not have to wait in line twice. So for rides that have a height requirement Easton and both parents can still enjoy without double wait times. We used a lot when Everett was an infant and when I was pregnant with him as well. We just wore Everett on the rides that did not have a height requirement. By 3 months Everett was a Disney pro.

January 26th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ooooh, and don't forget about the single rider lines! Indy, Matterhorn, CA Screamin', and Splash Mountain have them. Go up the exit instead of the entrance. Much faster than even Fast Passes!
January 27th, 2013, 12:22 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I was looking into Disney cuz of this post so now Im perplexed over the whole Disney World Vs. Disney Land. Both cost about the same however...Disney land has Sleeping Beauties castle...disney world has Cinderellas(the one at the beginning of the movies is cinderellas) world has all the cinderella rides as well as Belles ride and ariels but disney land has sleeping beautys and tinkerbelles pixie hollow and minnie mouses house and a ride. Ugh So essentially half of DDs fave characters are at one....the other half are at the other! So now Im debating which one we should plan to go too. Has anyone been to both in more recent years?

January 27th, 2013, 01:25 AM
I've only been to world but I know Minnie's house is there also. The princesses will be available for autographs at both I assume.
January 27th, 2013, 01:32 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah they are...its the rides difference and the castle difference mainly her fave characters are tinkerbell...at land and cinderella at world. guess they wanna make sure ya try to go to each one.

January 27th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Pixie hollow really is just a visiting place for the fairies. When we sent Peyton to disneyworld the fairies were there also. The castle at Disneyland has a shop in it and a sleeping beauty walk through. Other than that its just there and a walk over into fantasy land. Disneyland California adventure has an Ariel ride as well.

January 27th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
Ooooh, and don't forget about the single rider lines! Indy, Matterhorn, CA Screamin', and Splash Mountain have them. Go up the exit instead of the entrance. Much faster than even Fast Passes!
Can you do that? I would feel guilty!
January 27th, 2013, 03:11 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
pinterest!! there are amazing disney tips on there..

Our goal was for Disney in 2014 for Nolans birthday.. well now we are on hold for that.. I really hope we can get to Disney but $$ is really holding us back

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 27th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok now that settles it. Due date reunion 2015 in Disney
dmreed32 likes this.

January 27th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DEFINITELY make use of the single rider lines! Radiator Springs Racers also has one. I forgot to mention! When the regular line was 3+ hours, the line for single riders was 30 minutes. We wanted to ride together, but decided it wasn't worth the wait, so we split up and did single rider. You're not "cheating" the system or anything. It's just that the ride vehicles can seat X amount of people and when groups of X - 1 come up, they want to fill the extra seat, so that'll go to you. DH hates the Winnie the Pooh ride, but the kids love it, so when I take the kids on Winnie, DH goes through the Splash Mountain single rider line and we're usually done at the same time.
January 27th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Lol Lisa when David was the only one tall enough for splash Kyle would take Katelynn and on Winnie the Pooh.

January 27th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If it takes some pressure off of you when I was a small kid my parents took me to Disney Land all the time (we lived in CA until I was 4). I don't remember a bit of it. We next went again when I was 11. My brother was 9. We both LOVED it and I think we were both similarly enchanted (hugging all the actors, squealing over all the neato unique stuff, etc). But I remember the details of the trip much better than my brother.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search