Maternity Leave

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2013, 10:56 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
How long do the working moms plan to work and how long will you take off? Also, does the baby's father get any leave?

I am hoping to work right up until c section day. I get 12 weeks off paid, then I might take a couple weeks vacation, not sure. My husband gets 2 weeks off then he can work half days and get paid for full days for a month or two, he stil has to look into that further

January 26th, 2013, 10:58 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Kyle gets 10 days of paternity leave.

January 26th, 2013, 11:02 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH gets 10 days of paid leave as well.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
January 26th, 2013, 11:03 AM
I forgot to mention that the timing is good and my c section should be planned around the end of Easton's school year and I will be home all summer
January 26th, 2013, 11:09 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I don't even know when David gets out of school lol.

January 26th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Easton goes til June 11. I only know because I was looking at good days to schedule the c haha
January 26th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is amazing you get that much time off paid! I am a realtor so no paid time off for me but I can take as much time as I want withoit getting 'fired' bc I work on commission...blessing & a curse!

January 26th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawmommy View Post
That is amazing you get that much time off paid! I am a realtor so no paid time off for me but I can take as much time as I want withoit getting 'fired' bc I work on commission...blessing & a curse!
WIth Easton I worked for my family's business and I went back in 2 weeks. This will be amazing haha
January 26th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We planned this baby just right, DH's last day of school is June 7, we're due June 8, so he'll have almost 3 months off with me and the baby before he has to go back to work. DH is making me stop subbing in May. He's worried about the stress of subbing and then also, he doesn't want there to be a chance I go into labor at some strange school (since I sub at a lot of schools I've only been to once or twice).

Thank you Vicki.. for the beautiful siggy
January 26th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will have about three months off. Dh has 2 weeks paternity leave & might take more vacation. It just depends. I'll have all the boys out of school for the summer so I might need more help this time around.

January 26th, 2013, 12:14 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh. This whole issue is stressing me out. My boss will let me take all the time off I want, but my short term disability only pays $170 a week for 6 weeks (8 weeks if c-section). I really wanted to take 3 months off, but there is no way we can afford it. DH doesn't get any time off because he's a temp employee. Our financial situation blows right now.

January 26th, 2013, 12:16 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm just quitting my job. I only work 1 day a week and I hate it anyway. I'll work until the last week of May, but I kinda hope I can quit before then because the thought of going to work makes me want to burn the place down. We're saving as much as we can. DH doesn't get any paid time off but he's planning on taking 2 weeks of vacation. He'll also be on the lookout for a job in his field once classes are finished in March, so everything is kinda up in the air. His family is close by and I have lots of friends who can help, plus my mom will be coming out to stay for a while when baby is 2-3 weeks old. We'll figure it out.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

January 26th, 2013, 12:20 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I HATE that DH switched jobs, with Connor he got 3 MONTHS PAID paternity leave, it was awesome! Now he gets the standard 10 days, which is basically using all of his vacation time for the year because he just started the job! Ugh! It sucks!

January 26th, 2013, 12:27 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure if my husband gets any paid time, but right now he works in a bar & can take off when he needs and get someone to cover. Not sure if he'll still be there when the baby comes.

I'm quitting my main babysitting job the end of April. I babysit nights for them (but don't sleep there, I just try and sleep on the couch until whenever they decide to come home. Could be 2am, could be 6.) And then my other babysitting job that I just do here and there I will actually probably pick up with some more before/after baby. She said I could bring the Baby with me. So, we will see. I don't get any paid time off from the Y, I don't think, but plan to take about 6-8 (or more depending on if I end up having a c- section) weeks off from teaching Zumba and then I'll go back. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to teach, but I'm hoping I can keep doing it for a while!
January 26th, 2013, 12:55 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm taking 6 weeks like last time even if I do have a repeat section - but I don't work full time. It's a family restaurant with only about 25 employees, 11 of them directly related to me so...I don't like to leave anyone hanging for too long. My schedule and DH's schedule is awesome though so we are looking at one night a week for a 5 hour babysitter. The rest of the time it will be either DH or I.
dmreed32 likes this.

January 26th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be working until the day before my csection and will be off 8 weeks afterwards. We don't get paid maternity leave so I will have to use all of my sick and vacation time. I have a little over 6 weeks saved up so we will have about 2 weeks without me getting paid. DH is a farmer so he can basically take off when he wants as long as they aren't too busy which they shouldn't be at that point.

January 26th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can get up to 12 weeks off unpaid with a drs note. I won't need it for after though because it will be the end of the school year and then we'll go back either late August or day after labor day. So I'll have off the summer. For bed rest though I have to use up all of my sick days (only have 6 left) and then go 30 days without pay and then I can draw from the sick leave bank. Thankfully I signed up for that when I was hired I almost didn't since I wasn't expecting any complications like having to use all my days for IVF and then having twins and eventually going on bed rest/work restriction. I'll probably be leaving work somewhere between 25 and 28 weeks. My personal goal is spring break which would be 27 weeks.
January 26th, 2013, 03:42 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I am planning to work right up to delivery... then our plan is ....that i wont return! I hope i can stay home !!!! My husband is self employed and right now i provide insurance for our family which is the main reason i work...i would Love to be a stay-at-home mommy!!!

January 26th, 2013, 03:54 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
I am allowed to take 12 weeks. Ubpaid unless i use my vacation time I have saved so I will be off work with no pay for at least 6 or 8 weeks because I am taking all 12. I am saving money now so i can pay bills those 2 months. I work full time a strenous job but I am going to try to work as long as I can until i go into labor. Not sure about SO's deal.

I hope he gets some time off.
January 26th, 2013, 04:06 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Should I decide on a repeat c/s, then I'll work up until the day before c/s day. I get 3 months off (8 paid/4 unpaid) and DH gets 6 weeks paid paternity leave. We'll both be taking our max time off, but I'm undecided if I will return FT or PT. The option was given to me to switch to PT but in a different dept.

*A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my super fantastic siggy!!*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search