Relationship Quirks

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By mommy220

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2013, 11:14 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Do you and your dh/so have any quirks? Something that makes your relationship yours?

For example I shared on of ours in the why did you thread, but Kyle and I pinch each other when we walk by. I don't know why but we have done this for 10 years. We still bust up laughing every time.

January 27th, 2013, 05:35 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We tease each other mercilessly in public. If random people heard it, they would probably think we hate each other. As an example, when I had just delivered one of the girls we were still at the hospital. The nurse came in to take my temp, blood pressure, etc. He says to the nurse "Is that a rectal thermometer because she likes it up the butt." Yesterday at our gender reveal party he was bragging that the baby had his hand on his boy bits already during the ultrasound. So I said "Well you forgot the part when the ultrasound tech said 'oh there's his penis. It's small but it's there.'"
navywifey2003 likes this.
January 27th, 2013, 08:59 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Haha omg thats hilarious! And seriously it's things like that, that keep couples together.

January 27th, 2013, 09:47 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I have some real stupid inside jokes but one is when I say i love you...he always says you love sheep? Or he will say you love ewes? As a result of this I buy him stuffed lambs all the time...easter he always gets a new lamb. Cuz when we were engaged I bought him a little stuffed lamb and gave her to him and told him that was his love ewe. He named her mutton and actually slept with her for many years (He stopped cuz the stitching came out of her head and i had to sew her head back on). She is his fave cuz she was the first.

January 27th, 2013, 10:08 AM
First time mommy :)
Ummm, my husband will grab me and hump me like a dog that humps when I'm cooking dinner or in the bathroom doing my hair and makeup. Kind of strange. And annoying. Kind of like an annoying dog lol. But I love him for it :-)
January 27th, 2013, 02:13 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCrafty View Post
We tease each other mercilessly in public. If random people heard it, they would probably think we hate each other. As an example, when I had just delivered one of the girls we were still at the hospital. The nurse came in to take my temp, blood pressure, etc. He says to the nurse "Is that a rectal thermometer because she likes it up the butt." Yesterday at our gender reveal party he was bragging that the baby had his hand on his boy bits already during the ultrasound. So I said "Well you forgot the part when the ultrasound tech said 'oh there's his penis. It's small but it's there.'"
We do this exactly! Jordan even made a "she likes it from behind" joke in front of my mom one time! He is very short (5'6") so I'm constantly making jokes blaming him when people comment on small our kids are. This happens a lot since my 2 year old is still wearing 12-18mo clothes and my 5.5 year old is still wearing 4T. I'm very short too but it's so much funnier to blame him because you can tell people don't know whether to laugh along or feel like we hate each other.
QueenCrafty likes this.

January 27th, 2013, 02:21 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah we are really weird too. Lately we have been watching the Office a lot before bed together so we try to see who comes up with the best "that's what she said" moments. LOL

He got a really good one today. I was giving DD a cough drop and I told her, "this one is a little soft, not hard, make sure you suck it, not chew it" and I hear him behind me "that's what she said"
ashleykathleen likes this.

Last edited by mommy220; January 27th, 2013 at 02:23 PM.
January 27th, 2013, 04:16 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
We have a lot of inside jokes. One is when we get only a little bit of snow and it doesn't last long, one of us will say "if somebody was gone for the weekend they would never know it snowed!" This joke actually dates back to something he said about 18 years ago, and we still think it is funny. There are tons of little things like that for us to tease each other about. I also tease him a lot because I am tall (5'11") and he is quite a bit shorter (5'7"). So any chance I get I'll ask him "can you reach that?" When we talk about how big the kids are getting I tell him that someday he will be the shortest in the family, except for the grandkids.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search