Baby Name RANT

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By overlinmommy17
  • 1 Post By SassySami
  • 2 Post By mommy220
  • 1 Post By hilachu
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 2 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Super Mommy
Ok, I know there was a topic posted similar to this but i am just so annoyed! i've learned that when people ask if we have a name picked out not to say anything anymore...but today at church a lady asked me and i said 'oh not really, it changes every day' so of course my mom adds in 'oh no i thought you were thinking these names' and lists a couple. (mind you she means well) but then the lady was like 'uh really?? for a girl?? nooo. don't do that!"

seriously! and someone asked my husband the other day and she said the name we were thinking of sounded horrible with our last name.

i know at the end of the day it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks but it's just hurtful when they say things like that. i don't expect everyone to like every name we think of but i'd rather people just don't say anything than put their two scents in. it's MY baby, i can name her whatever i want!

ugh. people can just be so rude sometimes i have the worst time picking out names too so when i do like a name it's a big deal and then to have people just shoot it down really irritates me. grrr
January 27th, 2013, 01:47 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Hugs Hun! I'm sure whatever you pick will be beautiful!

January 27th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Super Mommy
aw thank you! <3
January 27th, 2013, 01:58 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
yes i am sure it will be beautiful no matter what you choose--- and it will fit your little one perfectly!
KellBell2621 likes this.

January 27th, 2013, 03:01 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs! I know exactly how you feel! For that reason alone, I don't tell anyone the names we pick out. I always tell people we do t have one yet (we really don't right now). Eventually people get annoyed and say things like, "we'll eventually that baby will need a name". It gives me joy to annoy people.

I've just found that people feel its ok to voice their opinions on names before baby is born, after they tend to keep it to themselves.

January 27th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Super Mommy
exactly, from this point on my lips are sealed. we don't have a name set in stone, were just throwing some names around and already people have an opinion. definitely waiting until after baby comes to reveal her name! ((i may share it on here though lol, i know you ladies are much more thoughtful!))
January 27th, 2013, 03:14 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
people suck!
KellBell2621 likes this.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 27th, 2013, 03:16 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is awful, how rude!!

We are still deciding and will nail it down I am sure after our ultrasound Thursday. We didn't tell anyone DD's name until we already 100% decided. That way when I told people they knew it was a done deal and so I didn't get any comments. I don't want to tell anyone our ideas until we are 100% decided because I think that if I do they will take the liberty to offer their opinion "to help us decide" which I really don't want.
KellBell2621 and Rissa6213 like this.

January 27th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Super Mommy
you have a point, i think when people give their opinion they think they are 'helping' me pick a name. heaven forbid i pick a name that they don't like! geesh lol. and yes it probably helps if i had just one name that i was definitely going with rather than just thinking of names...it definitely gives people that opportunity to share their views.
January 27th, 2013, 03:33 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
I just ignore the people that dont like the name I've picked, even if its my parents
KellBell2621 likes this.

January 27th, 2013, 03:37 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We don't tell anyone our name choice either for this very reason. It's so annoying hearing other people's opinions on a name that you feel is special
KellBell2621 likes this.
January 27th, 2013, 04:30 PM
First time mommy :)
My mother in law did that the first time I said Axel. She wrinkled up her nose and literally went "Eww." Then started suggesting different names! My blood boiled. Then she did the Axel Rose question. Which made me want to punch her. But don't worry about what other people think it is YOUR child ! I'm sure whatever you pick you will love and it will be perfect.
January 27th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Super Mommy
i'm sorry to hear that people need to keep their opinions to themselves!! two weeks after i gave birth to my son, my MIL told me that my SIL said that my son's name was stupid. i cried my eyes out for two hours. well, honestly i dont even know if my sil said that or not..my mil loves to stir the pot :-/
January 27th, 2013, 11:25 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
People haven't liked the name we picked For different reasons--its too popular right now, it doesn't match my other kids names, blah blah blah. It does get under my skin but I try my best to ignore it. I am sorry you are going through it too!

January 28th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Super Mommy
ugh yes people can be so rude sometimes. it's like not only are they offending my future child but they are also ticking off a pregnant hormonal lady!! lol
January 28th, 2013, 10:19 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Valerie I love Grayson! It was one of our choices before picking Hudson!

I just wish people would learn to keep their opinions to themselves on such a sensitive topic. Hugs hun!
MrsLat and KellBell2621 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search