Pre-mommy days

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By mommy220
  • 1 Post By zombiemommy
  • 1 Post By shen7
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By pamela.burke611
  • 1 Post By sunnydaze

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2013, 09:00 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Btdt moms do you miss anything from your pre mommy days?
Ft moms what do you think you will miss about your Pre mommy days?

January 27th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Only a couple things come to mind right now.
I miss being able to go to bathroom/take showers in peace, having a flat stomach and being stretch mark free.

January 27th, 2013, 09:53 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I can't think of anything I miss. I was just 18 when I had my first so I barely remember anything about my pre-mommy days!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 27th, 2013, 09:54 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm... some things I miss:

-sleeping in!
-Going to movies or going out and not worrying about babysitters
-I also miss my body
-Cleaning my house and having it stay that way for days

January 27th, 2013, 10:12 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I miss being able to leave the house and it only taking minutes....now I know it will take me an average of a half hour just to get out the front door.
I miss being able to leave and not worry about diapers...change of clothes...toys...sippy cups.

January 27th, 2013, 10:19 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm an up-and-out-in-15 minutes kind of girl, so I know I'm going to miss not having to worry about another human being to get ready, make sure I've got a stocked diaper bag, etc. I'm pretty good at time management right now, but I'm sure I'll miss that when the time comes, too. Haha.

January 28th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
I got pregnant with my son at 14 so idk if I miss anything or not. Being a mommy is realy all I have known.
January 28th, 2013, 04:04 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with getting out the door and quickly zipping around to do errands. I miss having my car clean and stay cleaned. LOL. I miss being able to just relax and read a book whenever I wanted, but then again, when I get a chance at being home alone I am missing my baby girl after a few hours. Life is so much more special now and I have a buddy with me all the time.
pamela.burke611 likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 06:34 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
Oh, I miss everything. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't imagine my life now without dd, but i fondly day dream over pre-mommy days and sometimes cry over their absence. I was a goer and a doer. I was out EVERY NIGHT, going to concerts, going to dinner with friends, do art classes, doing volunteer work in the community. I was busy everyday doing everything in the world. and I'm a naturally selfish creature.
I got preggo with dd while on depo, and I pretty much cried my entire pregnancy because I wasn't ready for children. I didn't want to even think about children until I was 29 or 30 or something.
Now here I am, going to give birth to number two less than a month after my 26th birthday.
I love mommy-hood. But I do miss pre-mommy days, some days more than others.
pamela.burke611 likes this.
January 28th, 2013, 07:35 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't miss anything about my Pre-Mommy days. I was 19 when I had my first, and for as long as i can remember I always wanted to be a mom.

January 28th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my son at 16 but I miss the freedom and being able to bail for days without being home. I miss my body. I miss only having myself to worry about.

I don't think Ive ever slept as soundly as I used to since having him. I sleep with one ear open ever since.

January 28th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think about it a whole lot. Sometimes I want more time for non toddler friendly hobbies, like sewing and art and cooking elaborate meals that require extended full attention. Sometimes I miss some aspects of the work I used to do, getting lost in the flow of organizing and analyzing some big dataset and making pretty graphs and elegant calculations to explain it all. I feel like all that is still available to me though, and I just have to wait until I am done having kids and the youngest is school age. I know this time of rarely showering or pooping in peace and throwing meals together as fast as possible while juggling and infant/toddler is temporary, so I don't get too bent about it babies are super cute too so that outweighs a lot!
MrsLat likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I mostly miss just being able to go out and not having to find a sitter. My MIL has been such a great help to us especially when I was in the hospital having YDD and when YDD was admitted for 5 days and I was up there the whole time and DH was working.

January 28th, 2013, 08:28 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I miss sleeping in, going out to do whatever I want without having to arrange for a babysitter (I also miss not having a curfew when going out lol). Most of all, I miss my hot body
MrsLat likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 09:12 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I miss being on time! LOL I used to be early everywhere I went, early was on time for me. Now I'm always 10+ min late wherever I go, even if I think I'm starting to get ready early enough...it's never early enough...I'm always late!!

I miss hanging out 'til 2am drinking wine with my BFF lol I'm exhausted by 10p every night, I'm lucky if I make it up 'til 11p! And between being pregnant and nursing non-stop for the last almost 3.5 years, I'm limited to a glass or 2 these days!

Some nights/days I miss having my bed to myself! And I miss having money to spend willy nilly!

January 28th, 2013, 09:51 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I miss just being able to go see a movie. I cant remember the last time we went to the movies

January 28th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiemommy View Post
Oh, I miss everything. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't imagine my life now without dd, but i fondly day dream over pre-mommy days and sometimes cry over their absence. I was a goer and a doer. I was out EVERY NIGHT, going to concerts, going to dinner with friends, do art classes, doing volunteer work in the community. I was busy everyday doing everything in the world. and I'm a naturally selfish creature.
I got preggo with dd while on depo, and I pretty much cried my entire pregnancy because I wasn't ready for children. I didn't want to even think about children until I was 29 or 30 or something.
Now here I am, going to give birth to number two less than a month after my 26th birthday.
I love mommy-hood. But I do miss pre-mommy days, some days more than others.
I had my daughter on 4/30/2009 when I was 21 about to be 22 years old. I had to take a break from university and basically my "friends" disappeared little by little. I was in a sorority and was VERY social and out and about doing things every night carefree. I miss it too, but just like you mommyhood is so so special to me and I would not trade it for the world. I also thought I would not have kids until later and, for me, not until I had a solid career and was married.

I am still with my boyfriend who is my babies father and I did finish university (looking to go back for a third degree after this one) but yes now on number two and just like you it all happened so opposite of what I thought. But again, I wouldn't ever trade it for anything... and I turn 26 June 11 and my baby is due June 21. I thought we had a lot of similarities
zombiemommy likes this.
January 28th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I miss being able to sleep off hangovers.
crawmommy likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 05:06 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha, shen the pooping in peace comment made me crack up!

Lyndsey--I miss movies too Alex is a big movie buff and the last movie we went to was... I think... Ironman. The FIRST one, haha.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search