Picky eater

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2013, 09:03 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Are you a picky eater?
What are your biggest dislikes?

January 27th, 2013, 09:56 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
I am not too terribly picky. But I hate hate hate seafood. And mushrooms. That is about all I can think of right now!

January 28th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll eat just about anything - although I'm not fond of shrimp/lobster/scallops (more for everyone else!). Fish and crab are fine though. I love most food - I'm a total foodie.

My husband is the pickiest eater in the world and it drives me insane. He's also lactose intolerant and has a hard time with red meat and pork. But he refuses to go vegetarian or vegan. And of course who does DD take after in her eating habits? Lately my mealtime motto is "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit." For DD and DH. With the new baby I plan on doing baby led weaning, so I hope that helps him develop a palate for all kinds of food.

January 28th, 2013, 08:02 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not terribly picky, I will generally try anything once. I hate shrimp, cherries, and sweet potatoes. I also hate my food touching. DF jokes about getting me one of those plates that little kids use with the dividers

January 28th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I'm not a picky eater but the things I will not eat is mustard or anything spicy.

My step dad is one of those people that cant have his food touching. I tease him that its all going to the same place

Last edited by Madison.Hailey.Zack; January 28th, 2013 at 08:06 AM.
January 28th, 2013, 08:13 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ooooh I forgot I also hate mustard!

January 28th, 2013, 09:53 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Im not picky but I dont care for fish. I do like lobster, crab, and shrimp though.

January 28th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Rochelle
I like fish but despise any other seafood. I also don't like raw onions, mushrooms or tomatoes but cooked is fine. I'm not a big fan of garlicky food either or vinegary Mediterranean foods <---DH fav!
January 28th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE food basically everything. I do not eat pork except bacon (very recently), raw onions, game meat except deer. DH is a hick and likes squirrel and such...his friends use to hav critter grill outs..YUCK! I am sure there ar other things I don't like but I can't think of any now

January 28th, 2013, 11:11 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I don't really think of myself as picky. I'm not super adventurous, but there's not too many things I refuse to eat. Fish/seafood is one. I'll eat a little tuna or salmon, but outside of that? No thanks. It makes me kind of an outsider in the family because they all love fish.
January 28th, 2013, 02:00 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
I am such a picky eater
I hate when things combine
I dont like dressing on my salad
Don't like ketchup/mustard on my hot dog or hamburger
Dont like milk in my cereal, it must be dry
No gravy on things

January 28th, 2013, 02:28 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if I'm really picky, but I don't like really spicy foods, raw onions, or seafood in general. Fish included.

January 28th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Veteran
I am picky, DH is not. We always joke about how I like "kid" food. I HATE spicy food, the spiciest I can go is mild salsa and honey bbq sauce. I just don't get the draw of really spicy food? Why does it taste good when you eat really spicy food and you're sweating and tears streaming down your face? DH on the other hand LOVES very spicy food, he has eaten ghost peppers raw before (when he was much younger and his body could handle it ). Just don't get it lol! Neither of us like fish or seafood very much, just some tuna and salmon once in awhile.

January 28th, 2013, 05:37 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not picky in the traditional sense, but I am a celiac (no gluten) and vegan when I am not pregnant. I eat meat when I am pregnant because I get extremely anemic and I want DH to help with cooking nd he doesn't cook vegn.

I don't like shrimp, any meat that is in a can or jar. I also am not a an of canned beans (like ranch style beans) or canned vegetables.
January 28th, 2013, 05:44 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh and I think crawfish are the most disgusting things on the planet
January 28th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.June2013 View Post
I am not too terribly picky. But I hate hate hate seafood. And mushrooms. That is about all I can think of right now!
girl, I can't do seafood either. I loathe it! The thought, ever since I was really young, makes my stomach turn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkat View Post
I am not picky in the traditional sense, but I am a celiac (no gluten) and vegan when I am not pregnant. I eat meat when I am pregnant because I get extremely anemic and I want DH to help with cooking nd he doesn't cook vegn.

I don't like shrimp, any meat that is in a can or jar. I also am not a an of canned beans (like ranch style beans) or canned vegetables.
I went vegetarian shortly after my daughter was born and now that I am pregnant again I added back some chicken here and there. I am also extremely anemic pregnant, even when not at times if I am not taking iron so I totally relate to you on this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search