Proposal

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes
  • 1 Post By sunnydaze
  • 1 Post By overlinmommy17
  • 1 Post By Hopeful2BMommy
  • 1 Post By Madison.Hailey.Zack
  • 1 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 3 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By PregnantAtLast
  • 2 Post By MissyBee
  • 1 Post By hilachu
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 2 Post By Steph625
  • 1 Post By MerinSun
  • 1 Post By edgeofelise

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2013, 09:07 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
How did dh propose?
If you are not married or engaged how do you hope to be proposed to?

January 28th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
At a restaurant where the food was too fancy to eat. The waiter brought out the ring box with the desert.
pamela.burke611 likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 07:53 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
My ring was hanging on a branch of our Christmas tree. .. it was so beautiful with all of the lights reflecting off the diamond!

January 28th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He took me to look at rings on our 4 year anniversary. We were traveling to our hometown and I knew he was going to ask my dad's permission. I went next door to my aunts house to give him some time with my dad. When I got back, we went outside to the gazebo to swing and so he could tell me what was said. After he finished the story, I told him that it would be perfect if he had the ring that day. He said if that would be perfect, he'd just have to bring me back there after he got it. A few minutes later, he got out the ring and proposed! Aww.

Right after...
January 28th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I had, had a really rough day at work and when I got home I was sitting on the couch and he came into the room and got down on one knee. I was totally surprised and even say "are you fricken screwing with me" lol

January 28th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH was getting ready to leave on a 3 month study abroad trip on Crete (he participated in an archaeological dig), and it was two days before he was leaving. He wanted to try this Greek restaurant in town, and then go swimming up at the lake. We ate supper, but by the time we got to the Lake, it had cooled down too much to swim (it was May in Iowa, weather is fickle that time of year). We sat on a bench overlooking the water, and as the sun set, he got down on his knee and proposed.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 28th, 2013, 09:06 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He took me out shopping a week before xmas. He let me pick out a ring that was to be my xmas present...I was so not thinking engagement and picked a gorgeous heart shaped garnet ring with a few diamonds going over the top of one side of the heart. I was super excited about my xmas present. It was jewelry and i had never gotten jewlery. Then out in the crowded mall parking lot that was covered with a foot of slush he went down on one knee with the ring and before he could say anything other than marry me i said oh my god shut up yes. Oh my god get up people are looking!! (Im kinda shy in public lol)

January 28th, 2013, 11:06 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DF had my best friend ask me to go look at jewelry with her. Supposedly, her BF had told her to pick some things out that she liked so he could get an idea for a valentines present for her. While we were browsing the store, I was dreamily looking at the engagement rings and saying "I like this but I think that's gaudy" and so on. The sales lady asked if I wanted to try one on just for fun so I did. That was how he got my ring size without me ever knowing. Even the sales lady was in on it!

DF had originally arranged with my best friend to watch the kids for us for valentines day and he was going to ask me over a romantic dinner. Well, he had my ring custom designed and made and it ended up being ready waaaay earlier than he expected. He picked it up February 8th and came home acting all weird. I had just got out of the shower and he kept saying how he got something for me but I had to wait until valentines day to get it. I don't mind waiting for surprises but it kills him to keep secrets. I could tell it was killing him and he really wanted to tell me what it was so I finally freaked out on him and said "if you aren't going to keep it a secret until then, just freaking tell me already!" I said this with my back to him while I was in the kitchen and when I turned around he was on one knee with the ring. I felt bad for yelling and he felt bad for it not being as romantic as he had originally planned but looking back I think it is adorable that he just couldn't stand to wait to ask me.

January 28th, 2013, 11:13 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
we were young and he asked me over text message, then a couple of days later he got down on 1 knee

January 28th, 2013, 11:21 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had just celebrated our 5 year anniversary and I had expected him to ask me that weekend. We had plans to celebrate and went out and nothing happened. We had been looking at rings for a while and I had found one I loved and I was hoping he had bought it and was going to ask. No such luck. The next week I had a girls night planned with several of my friends and was complaining to them about it! We had dinner and after dinner my friend Megan made us all get up to have the waitress take a picture. She kept rearranging us to how she wanted in the picture and while she was doing that I felt someone come stand next to me. I look over and it was Mike. I said, "what are you doing here? You're supposed to be at work!" And about that time he got down on one knee and asked me. All my friends started screaming and when I said yes everyone in the restaurant started clapping. It was perfect. Turns out he had bought the ring two weeks before and I have no idea how he kept it that long without asking me! We're the kind of people who give each other Christmas presents two weeks early just bc we can't wait!

I was saying, "why are you here?"

I love my friends faces! Only the one walking towards the camera knew he was coming.

January 28th, 2013, 01:59 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Christmas Eve, he asked me if i wanted my Christmas gift early
I said sure he gave me a box that had snow boots in it
He made me put them on along with snow pants and my puffy winter coat
Drove me out to the park along the Erie Canal where we had our first kiss. Got down on one knee and proposed!
I was so ecstatic!
To this day my husband says snow pants = romance
crawmommy likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 03:00 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
It was my 20th birthday and Kyle had this evening planned at this country dance place but it was dead. So we ended up going to Dave and busters. Hung out had some food then went over to game works (where we met) and we were loosing my mom and friend. I said hey babe they are ditching us. And he was telling me how he loved me blah blah blah. I was like yea I know our anniversary is in a few days tell me then I don't think they realize they are missing us. Finally he said will you just hold on one minute I'm trying to tell you something. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. In between the movie theatre where we had our first date and game works where we met.

January 28th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Veteran
omg... you girls make me sick... JUST KIDDING lol.. I loveeee the stories.. jeeze I am so jealous.. I will have been with my boyfriend for 6 years this April and with one already and one on the way I was sure I'd have my engagement by now.. especially since we've talked about it so many times and looked at rings a ton of times.. it's like.. dangling the carrot in front of the rabbit.. lol

At this point he could just throw the ring at me and say here ya go. lol Actually, my boyfriend and I met when we were 19 and 20 working at Abercrombie & Fitch in the mall lol.. so it may be cute for us to go back and him do it there or something.. ahh I dunno. haha Cute cute stories though ladies <3 Wish me luck on getting my cute story sometime soon
January 28th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
My hubby took a Friday off so our kids were in school. We had planned on going running that morning but I didn't feel like it. Hubby talked me into it. We went to a piece of land that our church owned. It has a path that circled a pond. After we went running, he wanted to walk down by the pond. Once we reached the pond, he got down on one knee.
Karen78 and pamela.burke611 like this.
January 28th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When I was throwing up. I got a stomach virus the night that we were supposed to go to the Festival of Lights at our local zoo. I knew he was going to propose. Anyway Future DH didn't see the point in waiting so at one point during the afternoon he came into the room (while i was finishing heaving) and said "Did you know that women typically outlive men? In nursing homes there are more women than men. Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to ask is 'Will you be my future widow?'" I took the ring and kicked him out.

I have never forgiven him for it.

It's funny now and we laugh about it but sometimes I get mad when I think of it :\
ashleykathleen likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

January 29th, 2013, 07:44 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I had been together eight months and we were at an antique shop one day with his parents. They have amazing rings there so I was playing house and showed him the one I liked. He went back and bought it the next day, not intending to propose for quite some time but thinking the ring wouldn't be there long so it was "just in case." Great, except he can't keep a secret to save his life and he ended up telling me about it a few days later! Not proposing, just telling me that he bought my ring for when he was ready. Stinker.

NINE MONTHS LATER he gets drunk after work, comes home and asks me to marry him. I said no, he's not allowed to ask me when he's drunk. The very next day the same thing happened (we were young and childless, lol. I swear he's never had a drinking problem) and my answer was the same. So the very next morning when I woke him up, he asked me again. I said yes, but told him he had to think of something romantic when he gives me the ring. What a lame proposal! Later that day we went out for dinner and ice cream and he couldn't wait to give it to me, so he put it on my finger on the walk over. I was on the phone with my mom within 30 seconds.

Stinker.
ashleykathleen likes this.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

January 29th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH rented my favorite car at the time...lucky for him it wasn't a super fancy one! LOL! He said he had a day planned for us, so he left in the morning, picked up the car, got a picnic together, and showed up at our house in it. It was a convertible Thunderbird (the retro version), so we put the top down and cruised around San Diego. We ended up on top of a mountain overlooking downtown and the ocean for our picnic and he got down on one knee and proposed there. Then he broke out the champagne and chocolates he bought. Some women were walking around and got excited for us and took our picture for us. We ended up renting another Thunderbird for our honeymoon and to this day, that champagne is still my favorite!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search