Features

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 08:13 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
What feature do you hope baby gets from you? From babies father?

January 29th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
All kids-DH's nose & teeth, my chin, my go getter attitude. I have a huge nose & Dh has a double chin.

Girls- my nail beds, my body type. Dh has weird nails and All girls in DH family are built like sponge bob and I mean ALL even cousins on both sides.

Boys- would be nice to have DH broad shoulders and my families height

January 29th, 2013, 08:29 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well my son has my eyes and my lips but baby boy has from the looks on the sono daddy's lips and forehead and possibly my chin

January 29th, 2013, 08:37 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope this baby gets my eyes. I hope he gets Alex's hair

January 29th, 2013, 09:07 PM
First time mommy :)
Definitely 95% of my husband's features. His Italian skin, black hair, and piercing blue eyes would be better for him I think. I am polish so I'm pasty, and have a polish nose, some freckles, don't tan well...also my DH family all have terrific bone structure and proprtion. If he could have my husband's features with only the somewhat roundness of my face I'll be happy.
January 29th, 2013, 09:28 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jaleigh has her daddy's piercing blue eyes, Kiefer has my brown eyes. I hope this baby gets DF's eyes. Both my kids have blonde hair right now even though both of us have dark brown hair (we were both blonde as kids so I assume our children will be the same). I hope this baby gets my nose. Both my other kids have my nose and I get comments all the time about how similar they look and how cute their little noses are. I hope this baby gets my laid back personality (J did, Kief is more like his dad) and DF's family's height (despite being short, the rest of his family is tall and so far neither of our kids have received that gene )

January 29th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, my eyes and nose and SO's height and body type. I have bright blue eyes (which fortunately my DD got from me) and SO has a very large Italian nose.. But he is 6'4 (his mom and brothers are all tall too- over 6') and he has a lean badly, whereas I am slightly shorter than average (5'4) and I'm on the chunky side.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 29th, 2013, 10:28 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't really care but I WANT A REDHEAD!

Except that means he'll have blonde eyebrows and lashes. That's not so fun for me.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

January 29th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Rochelle
If it's a boy, I want him to look like DH completely. His dark hair and dark eyes. If it's a girl, my only request is that she have my fuller lips. Both our DD's have DH's thin lips and DS got my full lips, go figure!
January 30th, 2013, 04:21 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dd looks exactly like my husband. Everyone comments on it, even people in the grocery store! People tell me all the time that she looks NOTHING like me. So, my only hope is that the next one has at least one of my features!!

I think her body shape is like me and her personality is, but that's about it.

January 30th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD got very little - if anything - from me. Not surprising though, I'm one big bundle of recessive genes. I'm the only one in my family with red hair or green eyes as far back as anyone can remember. I had hoped one of my kids would get my hair, but I don't see that happening. DH has brown hair, and blue eyes and looks EXACTLY like his mother, and DD looks exactly like him. Strong gene pool there. I am glad she got his body type - tall and naturally thin. I've struggled with my weight for years and years, and it's nice to think that she won't have to deal with that. She also got some of his not so great traits...she can be a little ocd/anal about organizing and sorting, she's a super picky eater, she's afraid to put her face in the water, so she's not a good swimmer, and she's terrified of doctors and dentists. All just like her daddy.

I think DH is very handsome, so I'd be happy for my little boy to take after him, physically, but I do hope he takes after me in some other respects. I don't know if I can handle feeding 3 incredibly picky eaters!

January 30th, 2013, 05:02 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I really hope this girl doesn't get my curly hair! It's super thick, frizzy, curly mess that I NEVER wear curly! I spend the time to straighten it or just wear it in a messy bun/throw it on top of my head.

And I hope neither of my children inherit my crazyness!

January 30th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Super Mommy
If we have a girl I'd love if she had red hair and green eyes like me, but her daddy's skin tone, he's not quite as pasty as I am and he tans really well. Plus his teeth, which are perfectly straight without ever having any dentist work. Mine aren't bad, but his are definitely better. If it's a boy I hope he'll have darker hair like his dad and my green eyes. The teeth and skin tone again for a boy too. Both my boys take after my little brothers and my dad, dirty blonde hair and blue or hazel eyes, but they do have my hubby's skin tone and teeth, plus his native american bone structure (square jaw) I hope either sex will take after my family's height, dh, his dad and his brothers are all shorter than average, and the men on my side are generally average to above average.
January 30th, 2013, 05:22 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
well the pattern goes.
Debbie- looks like daddy
Kaytie - is my twin
Nolan - looks like daddy but has my lips
so baby #4??? should look like me haha

But I would love for another red head, we thought Nolan would stay red but he is blonde. I want this baby to have Joes amazing blue eyes, his families height, and metoblism.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 30th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I hope he/she gets DH's laid back attitude. So far our youngest has it and our oldest has my temper and it drives me nuts

January 30th, 2013, 07:51 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I would love if baby has dark hair like me. I have dark hair and both of my kids have light hair. I hope baby inherits nose & smile from dh!

January 30th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
For DD, I hoped she would look like me (for some reason I want a mini me lol) but have DH's sweet and laidback personality. Of course what happened is she got my perhaps-too-intense-at-times willful personality (turned up several notches according to my parents!) And looks A LOT like DH. Perhaps she has some more of my facial structure but her fair coloring, towhead blond hair, and body type are the spitting image of baby pics of DH.

For DS, I guess I hope he will look more like me, darker coloring and thick hair, and be a little more laidback than his sister. I am afraid to speak too strongly about it in case it backfires like last time

January 30th, 2013, 08:29 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope this baby gets my dark hair and light colored eyes and long eyelashes... i really hope she gets her daddy's teeth and chin and nose! ( my chin and nose are much too long!)

January 30th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH has a red beard, and I'm kinda hoping baby will inherit that red and be a ginger. But that's a lot of recessive to fight against all the dominate genes I'm rocking. But if he can have my dark hair, and DH's light eyes, I would be happy. But I'm REALLY hoping for red hair LOL And maybe my side's ability to grow a mustache, DH can't grow a mustache AT ALL, but he rocks the Lincoln beard :-D

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 30th, 2013, 10:28 AM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
Well I know this little one will have dark hair and eyes, as DF is 100% Chinese. I hope she gets his lovely eyes and my nose, and his metabolism!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search