Newborn photography

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 08:17 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Will you be having newborn pictures of your little one taken? How soon after birth?

January 29th, 2013, 08:25 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a photographer looking to do more maternity/baby pics so she is using me as a model for maternity pics and I invited her to do birth photos

January 29th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hubby's cousin is a great newborn photographer. Probably a week after he's born.
January 29th, 2013, 08:47 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our hospital uses a company called Bella Baby Photography and they do a full blown newborn shoot in the hospital the day after the baby is born. Rather than the old typical hospital photo it's a 30-45 minute shoot. With our first we got over 50 photos. Its amazing!

January 29th, 2013, 08:52 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My ex-stepmother is a pretty good photographer. I don't know if she's done any newborn photography but I think I'm going to ask her to try. I have no idea how they get babies into the positions in all the cute pics, but I guess we'll just see what happens. haha.

January 29th, 2013, 10:55 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm taking my own! I'm not a pro or anything, but I have a good camera and he'll be such a fun subject to practice on!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

January 30th, 2013, 01:37 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to photography school and I do it a little on the side. So, I'll be taking some! And probably as soon as we get home so it's as new and tiny as possible. I also want to have a friend of mine take some of me & the baby (and hubby if he'll cooperate) outside since it'll be warm. There are so many poses I either haven't had the nerve to try with someone else's baby or they didn't want to/the baby didn't cooperate. I'm excited to be able to do them with my own baby bc I'll have the time!
January 30th, 2013, 04:14 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just put a deposit for a newborn photographer! I never did with my dd and regretted it. So, I think it will be for a few days to a week after birth.

January 30th, 2013, 04:37 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We know a girl from church with a local photography company who does amazing photos. She has done 2 shoots for us with DD and the pictures were incredible. The nice thing is, she goes anywhere we want to go. We are planning to do the newborn pics in our house after a couple of weeks. I plan on getting matching tutus and headbands for both girls to wear to get some cute first sister pics, too.

January 30th, 2013, 05:26 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
my photographer will be at the birth

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 30th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
The hospital has a photographer that comes into the room the day or two after birth and does a shoot. We've done it with both our girls and plan to do it again with this one.

January 30th, 2013, 06:20 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im going to try them myself, Im not a pro but am a hobby photographer with some classes under my belt. Ive been buying props slowly but will get more once we know the gender
January 30th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This time I will be doing a couple maternity shoots and a newborn shoot hopefully within days of the babies being born (depending on when they are born). I didntt do maternity or fresh newborn pics with DD and I wish I had. I have few friends that are into photography so I will ask them to do it.

January 30th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am having maternity pictures done. One of my friends owns a studio and then another friend asked if he could take 1st day hospital pictures for his portfolio and then I got newborn pictures gift certificate for 2 weeks after she arrives.

January 30th, 2013, 08:21 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I'll do my own photos, and when just depends on how we are feeling and when the creativity hits me.
January 30th, 2013, 10:46 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My best friend does some photography as a hobby/side job so she will be doing some newborn photos as well as some photos of all three kids together within the first week of baby being born. She's dying to do some full family pictures but I told her she would have to wait a bit until I've lost a bit of baby weight before I will allow that

January 30th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
We used a friend of a friend with my son. She said the newborn phase for pictures is until about 2 weeks old. I think he was right about that age when we did them. I'm gonna try to have them done a week earlier this time, but we'll see how I feel.

January 30th, 2013, 12:40 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah we will be doing them. We just did the Bella Baby photography that was in the hospital with Gabriel, but I think this time I would like to do them at a studio... I am just starting to research where/who I want to take them! We will do it within the first week and a half while he is still really floppy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search