Low Blood Pressure

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Kalynas_Mom
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2013, 09:11 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My BP is always on the lower side at around 110/60. Last night I woke up feeling a lot like I did when I was dehydrated at 8 weeks, except it wasn't nearly as bad. Same feeling though- nauseous, light headed, dizzy. It's a different feeling from just getting dizzy from standing too quickly. I know I wasn't dehydrated this time though. So I took my BP and it was 90/68. It was back to "my" normal this morning.

It worries me. Is it normal for our BP to be lower now? I know 90/68 sounds low, but it's not too different from what it usually is.

What are your thoughts?
January 31st, 2013, 09:19 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
My BP has always been really low and dips down alot during pregnancy. When I was at the doctor last week it was 96/68 and she said it was fine. You said you woke up and it was like that so you were laying down right? I know laying on your back can cause blood pressure drops. I might mention it but as long as it goes back to normal I wouldn't worry too much about it.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 31st, 2013, 09:21 AM
Thanks for answering, Tanya!
January 31st, 2013, 09:28 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Yeah, I'm guessing a dip could just be from the fact that you were laying down. Were you flat on your back? I try not to sleep flat on my back, but sometimes I end up that way and I tend to feel "off", short of breath, etc. if I lay like that long.
January 31st, 2013, 09:32 AM
I don't remember how I woke up. I usually sleep on my side though. It wasn't until I'd been up out of bed for a few minutes that I felt bad.
January 31st, 2013, 09:40 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
it's still in normal range. Anything from 90-120 for systolic and 60-80 diastolic. So your systolic was a bit in the lower range but diastolic was fine (and they are usually more concerned about diastolic). As blood flow increases your body sometimes has a hard time keeping up. Hope you don't feel like that again though! I feel that way every morning when I go start making breakfast and it's not a nice feeling
Hopeful2BMommy likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 31st, 2013, 10:01 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
I always have really low bp too! It hangs out right around what yours is and my doc hasn't ever mentioned anything about it... but I have noticed a lot of dips during this pregnancy and I might talk to him about it at my next appointment.

January 31st, 2013, 10:09 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have very low blood pressure normally (usually around 90/60). I have problems every pregnancy with it dipping down. I get light headed, dizzy, feel short of breath, and then I start feeling like my heart is pounding. My dr said all of that because your body is working so much harder to get blood flowing to all the right places. I've always been told that when I feel that way to sit down and try to just take deep breaths through it. If it gets to point where it is making you pass out, they have said they would admit me to the hospital. Sorry, I know that's not a lot of help but I do know what you experienced is not fun at all.

January 31st, 2013, 10:16 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I agree with the other ladies. Huge hugs Hun. I'm wondering if your sugar was low as well. That's how I feel when my blood sugar is low.

January 31st, 2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
I agree with the other ladies. Huge hugs Hun. I'm wondering if your sugar was low as well. That's how I feel when my blood sugar is low.
It happened after I took a couple bites of a candy bar. Yes, I ate a candy bar in the middle of the night.
January 31st, 2013, 11:37 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
It could take awhile for it to go back up. When my mom crashes it takes more than just a few bites of candy to get her back to normal.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search