Did Orange Juice work?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kalynas_Mom
  • 1 Post By Gen88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2013, 09:48 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For those of you who have had your anatomy scans already... Did you drink OJ or caffeine before? (Or do anything to get baby moving?) I know some of you talked about OJ earlier on and was wondering if anyone did it and if it worked? If baby doesn't show the goods, I might cry. Haha. How long before your appt did you drink it? Mine is Monday and I want baby moving around and cooperating if I can do anything about it! (I realize I really can't do anything about it, but I ll try! Haha)
January 31st, 2013, 09:52 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
I had a second scan yesterday because baby girl is uncooperative and i had caffeine about an hour prior and she slept through the whole thing not moving an inch
maybe drink/eat whatever makes your baby move normally or if you never drink juice drink some or same thing with caffeine

January 31st, 2013, 09:55 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I drank OJ about an hour before. I usually do in the morning anyway. But oh my goodness he was ALL OVER lol. She almost had a hard time with the ultrasound because he was sooo wiggly. So you could try it But maybe just a good breakfast and maybe some juice a couple hours before?

January 31st, 2013, 09:57 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They dont recommend caffeine cuz then baby crashes quickly after and they sleep hard.

January 31st, 2013, 09:59 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I drink coffee every morning haha For my elective 3D ultrasound for gender I was so nervous I didn't eat or drink anything. it worked out perfectly because baby was super calm just sitting there with legs spread open. During my anatomy scan though he was wide awake and moved around so much that out of an hour and a half she only caught one peek for maybe 10 seconds at the end.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 31st, 2013, 10:01 AM
Thanks! I don't drink much caffeine, but I had also heard that it would put baby to sleep. I don't drink juice really either. So maybe I'll just drink some with my breakfast and see what we get. I don't really know what makes baby move because I can't feel it very much. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens!
January 31st, 2013, 10:03 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Good luck!! I hope you get a look. Since the anatomy scan is usually around 45mins there is a good chance that at some point during the scan they'll catch a peek!
navywifey2003 likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 31st, 2013, 10:04 AM
Thanks! I will get up and do jumping jacks to get baby moving if I have to. Haha.
January 31st, 2013, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have skittles at least 30 minutes before scan, trust me it won't fail you. Lol
MissyBee likes this.

January 31st, 2013, 11:10 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I drank some ice-cold OJ on the drive over and in the waiting room - I'd been told to drink it RIGHT before - didn't work. Little guy was cross-legged the whole time and snuggled into my placenta.

January 31st, 2013, 01:15 PM
I tried the eating a piece of chocolate trick... Baby was moving all over, just wouldnt spread the legs enough to show us the goods... So i dont know if it necessarily matters either way....
January 31st, 2013, 01:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I ate breakfast an hour before and then downed OJ right as I walked in the door, and it worked for me. He was wiggling around and giving up the goods.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 31st, 2013, 01:55 PM
so that explains why my baby always gets active after i eat an orange, i didnt know it actualy was normal lol i just thought my baby was reacting to the fact that i looovee oranges and have been craving them alot
January 31st, 2013, 04:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
They told me they wanted my bladder to be itleast 1/2 full and recommended it for the best movement. Make sure you drink a ton of non caffeinated beverages about 30-45 min before your appt. It takes minimum 20 min after drinking something for it to show in thout bladder.

January 31st, 2013, 04:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just have something to eat. I had the same cup of coffee I always had this a.m. plus a banana. Little one was kicking and hitting, although all curled up. When they needed the arm out of the way to see heart, the tech had me go to the restroom, each grahm crackers and drink water. That seemed to work for me.

January 31st, 2013, 04:21 PM
Thanks for all the advice! I'm going to try drinking orange juice on the way there. And I'll make sure to drink plenty of water before hand as well. I just am so anxious to know what it is and if it doesn't cooperate I will be so sad!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search