Feeling hurt again

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bobbiejo1982
  • 1 Post By enchantingdragon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2013, 01:13 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Maybe I am being over emotional as usual. I can stop crying and I have an hour left of work.

Just having a rough time.

Me and the SO are arguing. I was upset i didn't get a call or text from him today. We work opposite shifts so everyday we usually check in with each other. When he finally responded to me he seemed upset I was texting him at work.

I know it really isn't a big deal. it just I have no one else that checks in on me throughout the day. I don't talk to anyone else but my co-worker at work.

It makes me miss my mom and wish I still had her to talk to. I wish she was here to see the baby and help me through this.

And i wish my So was more excited about baby things like decorating the room and picking stuff out etc. We haven't even talked about names much because we do not agree.

Sorry ladies I don't want to bring everyone down. Just having a rough afternoon and have no where else to vent.
January 31st, 2013, 02:12 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs hun. Sometimes guys dont get excited until the baby is born. Its hard for it to feel real to alot of men they dont instantly have the connection to baby that we do as babys growing inside us. And some of it could be your hormones. So take a deep breath and relax. Hugs.

January 31st, 2013, 02:21 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Huge huge hugs Hun!

January 31st, 2013, 02:36 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
I'm very emotional too.

January 31st, 2013, 02:42 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am very sorry. I can relate. I don't have many friends that I talk to so during the day if my DH doesn't check in on me, I feel very lonely

I know I am really emotional right now too so try and just remind yourself of that and hang in there! Hugs

January 31st, 2013, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are here for you - please post whenever you need to chat

January 31st, 2013, 03:00 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
((hugs)) My DH has to be nagged into baby talk most of the time. He's about the only person I really talk to about it, and I know he gets "tired" of it sometimes. He came home today and immediately plugged into some game, headphones on and all. He didn't take them off until he was headed to bed (he works nights). All that to say you are not alone and we are here for you to vent to!
January 31st, 2013, 03:35 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
HUGS!!! Sending lots of virtual hugs to you!! I am so sorry you are having a bad day hang in there and we are all here for you!

January 31st, 2013, 03:37 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
so many hugs coming your way.. hugssssssssss

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 31st, 2013, 03:41 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs. I am sorry you are having a bad day.

January 31st, 2013, 05:48 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry. That really sucks. Could you talk to him about how you're feeling and let him know you need him to try a little harder to make you feel loved? You really need him right now and he needs to step up and be there for you. One thing I have learned with DH is that men are generally dumb and oblivious and, unless it is spelled out for them, have no radar for feelings. I'm so sorry that you had a rough day and are feeling hurt. We are all here for you anytime! And I will add my HUGS!

January 31st, 2013, 05:52 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I'm sorry, mama. I don't understand how some men don't get excited like we do. My husband told me a little while ago "I'll get excited when the head pops out". Lovely. With my first pregnancy, the first time he felt movement he actually said "ew, gross". Ugh!

January 31st, 2013, 06:01 PM
Veteran
Hugs honey! Stupid hormones!! Ugh my Hubby can be the same way! And half the time they don't even realize they are doing it! Are minds are 99% of the time on baby and baby's wellness! As sad as it sounds it's probably only makes it across their mind when they get to relax mode or after they get OFF the phone with you which is super irritating ! Finally as this is my fourth pregnancy my husband might remember to throw a text after saying and how you feeling today? LOL PATHETIC MEN! Hahaha try to let it go!! He loves you and that dear baby! And any time I'm feeling really sad or grouchy or sick I usually realize I am DEAD TIRed! So maybe have a snooze or hit bed early! Then discuss with hubby how he could try harder!

January 31st, 2013, 06:45 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you all so much!! It's great to have a place to vent and have support from. And you all understand. It's just such a blessing. i am feeling a little better this evening and am going to go crawl in bed. Hope you all have a good night and thanks again. Your support really does mean so much!
Steph625 likes this.
January 31st, 2013, 06:56 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww Im sorry, its hard being pregnant and not feeling support and excitement. You always have us to share your joy
bobbiejo1982 likes this.
February 2nd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry your having a rough time. Pregnancy is hard to deal with emotionally as it is and sometimes we need a bit of extra support and reassurance from our partners. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
February 2nd, 2013, 10:22 PM
Rochelle
Glad you're starting to feel better. But, I'm sorry things haven't been going that well. Is this his 1st child? Maybe he'll snap out of it soon or at least by the time baby comes. I know my DH (who was my SO at the time of my pg with our first) was a major butt-munch. In fact, he is still that way somewhat even now with our 4th pg together. He gets loads better once baby is out and he falls in love with them. I think men have a hard time wrapping their heads around the idea of a baby. Not to give them excuses, but it's probably a thing with him coping with the idea of him having to share your attention with baby and the other changes that come with parenting and not anything personal towards you.
February 3rd, 2013, 01:09 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope you are feeling better! Ive been an emotional roller coaster lately and I know dh just doesn't understand you'd think after 3 kids already id know how to deal with it but nope it stopples drives me nuts hes not into the pregnancy like I wish he was.I hope things vet better for ya and just know you're not alone!!

February 3rd, 2013, 06:28 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
You are not alone in your feelings. It sucks but that's pretty much how most guys are with pregnancy. This is our 3rd child and I guess I thought having a boy would make a difference in DH's interest, but it really doesn't. We have that constant reminder moving inside us everyday that this baby is real and already loved so much. I don't think guys can comprehend that until the baby is actually born.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search